-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm totally on board with your premise. I think every single federal law regarding gun control from 1934 on should be declared unconstitutional and repealed. The problem as I see it can be summed up in a three word quote from Pat Buchanan. "Demographics is destiny". The immigrants flooding our country have no concept of a government of, by, and for the people. They see weapons as the enforcement of tyranny or perpetration of crime. The idea of a check and balance on a tyrannical government by an armed citizenry is beyond their intellectual grasp. Many of our native born have been dumbed down to the same level. So the tide is against us. What does that mean?

The other side of this coin is having the means and will to resist tyranny by whatever means necessary. It means blowing away the LEO on the porch trying to confiscate your guns. It means assassinating politicians who lead the effort to disarm us. It means civil war. In the next 20 years, it will happen. Each person will have to decide whether to submit to the long dark night of tyranny or to use lethal force to defend liberty. There will be no other way. I'm totally OK with meeting my Maker after having defended free agency at the point of a sword. Maybe you aren't. And I can't blame people who chose the easy way out.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Can't buy a handgun across the state line? Why in hell not?
After the liberals spread the story that Kennedy was killed with a mail order rifle, they started getting anti-gun bills passed. They got the votes and that's why we can't buy guns like we used to.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
There was a yoyo who broke and vandalized the Denver Art Museum. He was charged with "felony mischief"; that is the problem with felonies. I think it should have been vandalism. I am sure there is a felony jaywalking statute.

As for us having F16s, tanks, and such; ask the Soviets about Afganistan. An occupied state is nearly impossible to subdue short of killing everyone or deporting them all and replacing them with deportees from some other place.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
what do you think?

Well, gun owners and conservatives have got to get better. Some of these damned billionaires who throw money at these worthless candidates would be better off using that money to set up social media alternatives to twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. Those are systematically being purged right now. It is becoming impossible for conservatives to get their messages out.

We need a comphrehensive strategy and we’re not good at that. In fact, we’re bad at it because we just want to be left alone. That desire is not a recipe for political activism. No compromise sounds great, but without a plan, we’ll just get bowled over.

If we want to save the country as a whole, Article 5 represents the only chance. Without that, we are fighting a rearguard action to save what we can in potential rump states.

This

We have to stand together. We all have our own ideas of the perfect candidate. Unfortunately, there is NO SUCH THING as a perfect candidate. When you get a primary candidate stand behind him or her even if you don't see eye to eye. It's also not just about the 2nd. It's about the whole Bill of Rights and the Constitution. I don't think we take enough time to think about the big picture and the entire Constitution is the big picture. If the 2nd goes away, so will the 1st and the 4th and 5th. Yes, even the 3rd Amendment has value.

The anarchist left will kill us if we don't start thinking like a team.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rainshot
Far too many people have bought in to the proposition that if you don't personally like someone else's firearms it's ok to take or ban them. I don't own a bump stock so why not allow the government to ban everyone's right to own one. It's a slippery slope that ends up getting us into terrible trouble. The argument that "it's only reasonable gun control" is bogus. THERE IS NO REASONABLE GUN CONTROL!! All roads lead to the same place and that is to disarm us all.

This.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Harry M
Well, how do you propose we can do this where the majority of States have completely ignored the 08 Hella decision?

The Hella Decision seems to have affirmed GCA68 and more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any time you let them take something, you lose more than expected. Never give them anything.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 2nd, is the linchpin to all your Rights. Without it, it's just the Bill of Suggestions.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Abusing the rights protected by the 2nd amendment should be a separate federal crime punished by 30 years in prison.

By abuse of the 2nd I mean using a gun during the commission of a serious felony or a felon in possession of a firearm.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where in the 2nd are felons
mentioned?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well, how do you propose we can do this where the majority of States have completely ignored the 08 Hella decision?
I'm already doing it son. I live in a free state. The question is, you living in a highly infringed state, what are YOU going to do?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Link to a thread on this subject a while back.

Bill of Rights

To understand the Founder's intent in the BoR, one must look at the whole picture of how it came about. These men realized that ALL governments, if left unchecked, grow all powerful and corrupt. Even a well founded Democratic Republic, such as ours, should have in place some kind of protection for the people.
The Bill of Rights, as written, doesn't give us rights. It recognizes the these rights are ours at birth. These rights come not from the government, but from God, and guarantees that the government has no power to deny them.
To compromise on one, is to allow compromise on all.
Remember this. Teach your children this. It's your job as a parent.
Government run schools will not do it.
This is why I fear we're on borrowed time.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I'm already doing it son. I live in a free state. The question is, you living in a highly infringed state, what are YOU going to do?

You live in a State that has no second amendment infringements? What State is that pray tell?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

You live in a State that has no second amendment infringements? What State is that pray tell?
Kansas. There are very few infringements here. We have Constitutional Carry. I think Kansas is rated number two in the nation for gun rights.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The denial of of civil and Constitutional rights should be a death sentence on anyone proposing and supporting the idea.

We are too far down the path to get our rights back by working within the system.

Look at what just happened in NJ.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stevelyn
The denial of of civil and Constitutional rights should be a death sentence on anyone proposing and supporting the idea.

We are too far down the path to get our rights back by working within the system.

You wouldn't have had to have put anyone to death if you'd just have been able to throw anybody in the hoosegow who proposed such legislation about twenty years ago. Same penalty for anybody trying to enforce it. We should have shut down the immigration back then too. Too many even on here want to whine and carry on about "legal immigrants". I guess I'm okay with legal immigrants if about 99% of immigration is illegal.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

You see it on here all the time, and more so in the real world. People are just followers who care way too much about what others think. They all want to be in the majority.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You wouldn't have had to have put anyone to death if you'd just have been able to throw anybody in the hoosegow who proposed such legislation about twenty years ago. Same penalty for anybody trying to enforce it. We should have shut down the immigration back then too. Too many even on here want to whine and carry on about "legal immigrants". I guess I'm okay with legal immigrants if about 99% of immigration is illegal.

We are basically a 2-tiered lawless society. That's not going to change until the corrupt are soundly defeated and made an example of.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Kansas is all that. Didn't you just have a House Rep jump from Republican to Democrat?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Kansas is all that. Didn't you just have a House Rep jump from Republican to Democrat?
lol What kind of gun laws have y'all got in Mass? What is your state's ranking?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 79 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,530
Posts18,530,852
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.