Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
Etoh Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Ad another no shop to the list

REI outdoors announced they will not carry VISTA products. (Blackhawk, Alliant, Savage) probably doing it for the image, but non the less.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

mmmmn?

Been a member for years. Don't shop there much anymore. Will have to remember to contact them.

Thanks for the heads up.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Etoh Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Contacted them, and received a message back saying that Vista had bought Bell (bike helmets) and a bunch of stuff REI usually carries.

They said they were "waiting for VISTA to take a leadership step"

Sent another e-mail ----- "Thats Bullshit, you got pressure from Patagonia one of your main suppliers" . "Patagonia CEO is more anti-Trump than Hillary. "

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting,

guess it's still "Money talks...... BS walks"

Patagonia is a big supplier no doubt. I bet many of their others are "anti Trump" too. Bell, maybe not so much.

Thanks again for the info.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You need a man bun to shop REI.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
For those who haven't seen REI's statement:

"REI statement on relationship with Vista Outdoor

REI does not sell guns. We believe that it is the job of companies that manufacture and sell guns and ammunition to work towards common sense solutions that prevent the type of violence that happened in Florida last month. In the last few days, we’ve seen such action from companies like Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart and we applaud their leadership.

This week, we have been in active discussions with Vista Outdoor, which has recently acquired several companies that are longtime partners of REI. These include Giro, Bell, Camelbak, Camp Chef and Blackburn. Vista also owns Savage Arms, which manufactures guns including “modern sporting rifles.”

This morning we learned that Vista does not plan to make a public statement that outlines a clear plan of action. As a result, we have decided to place a hold on future orders of products that Vista sells through REI while we assess how Vista proceeds.

Companies are showing they can contribute if they are willing to lead. We encourage Vista to do just that."

Geno

In it is contentment

E
Etoh Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by 280shooter
You need a man bun to shop REI.

You forgot beard, and tight jeans.

with cuffs

and chukka boots with off color laces.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I tried to buy a pack from REI some years ago. I told the clerk it would be used for hauling meat.

She told me she would have to get an employee that could assist me and walked away after assisting me for several minuets before she learned I was a hunter.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad

REI does not sell guns. We believe that it is the job of companies that manufacture and sell guns and ammunition to work towards common sense solutions that prevent the type of violence that happened in Florida last month. In the last few days, we’ve seen such action from companies like Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart and we applaud their leadership.

This week, we have been in active discussions with Vista Outdoor, which has recently acquired several companies that are longtime partners of REI. These include Giro, Bell, Camelbak, Camp Chef and Blackburn. Vista also owns Savage Arms, which manufactures guns including “modern sporting rifles.”

This morning we learned that Vista does not plan to make a public statement that outlines a clear plan of action. As a result, we have decided to place a hold on future orders of products that Vista sells through REI while we assess how Vista proceeds.

Companies are showing they can contribute if they are willing to lead. We encourage Vista to do just that."

Geno

The shooter also had a backpack, shoes, pants, and shirt - all of which the fringe left REI sells.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Never have been an REI fan anyway. They seem to have always catared to the vegetarian fudgepacker crowd.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My email to REI:

"To say I'm extremely disappointed in REI and the management is a gross understatement in regards to the recent statement on REI's relationship with Vista Outdoor Group.

To place a hold on legal products the membership enjoys using because the Group owns a company that makes another type of legal, safe and enjoyable product is beyond my comprehension, especially given that REI does not provide those items for sale itself.

I've shopped at REI since 1974 and been a member for about 20 now. I'm going to reconsider membership depending on the outcome of your "assessment of how Vista proceeds".

Should you decide to discontinue doing business with Vista because they desire to continue their relationship with Savage Arms, a well respected and long term American company, I will more than likely discontinue my long relationship with REI.

Please realize that by continuing to do business with Vista you, and by association the Membership, are in NO WAY supporting the actions of the criminals who misuse legal products enjoyed by millions of outdoor sports enthusiasts. Refusing to do business with Vista is akin to refusing to do business with Chevrolet because an owner of a Chevrolet product drives intoxicated and takes out a school bus full of children.

Thanks you for your consideration,"

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've purchased good equipment there for years. Boots, camp mats, sleeping bags, glacier glasses etc. Sure, some of the employees and some of the customers are a little "green", but I've never had an issue. Even if I let it "slip" that I was going hunting.

This new information sheds a light on what "corporate" thinks and I likely will not shop there much if at all anymore.

Geno

PS, I have long hair but HATE friggen man buns . Eat lot's of veggies and therefor I'm "vegetarian", right? Joined the NRA before even owning a firearm. Grow a garden without "chemical" help. Like wommins and not mens. Haven't seen my chin since 1980 due to the full beard. Vote independent/libertarian. Do not understand tight jeans, how does one get them over boots when one wears them? I go barefoot or in sandals as much as possible, get laughed at around here when it's 33 degrees out with snow around. Wear wool and Union T-Shirts made in USA. I drive a fossil fuel burning vehicle, albeit an "efficient" one. Have an electric lawnmower tho, mostly for no need for gas, smell, or noise. Where do I fit on y'all's spectrum ? wink

PPS. I live in Cali too shocked

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Geno

The shooter also had a backpack, shoes, pants, and shirt - all of which the fringe left REI sells.

That's the important point these companies are NOT getting.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I too just canceled my membership and after words sent a letter as I don't believe the lady (spoiled child) that took my call actually took my statement she said I could give. When I started my statement she got irate and started trying to talk over me, felt like I was on Tucker Carlson.

Oh and here is the letter I sent to rei;
Hello,
To whom it may concern I am writing this email to express my displeasure with your co-ops anti constitutional stance on the second amendment, and apparently the first amendment. After being a member of rei since I believe 1990 I called to cancel my membership after hearing your stance against my 2nd amendment rights. The lady that answered the phone told me I could leave a comment with her but after I started to dictate my statement she started talking over me as she apparently didn't like what I had to say. It was obvious she didn't take down anything I said, and a soon as I finished she rudely informed me that "your membership has been canceled" and hung up on me. This call has made it obvious that rei only acknowledges opinions that agree with theirs, and are willing to suppress the first amendment rights of those that don't agree with rei. I'm only one voice but I'm going to raise that voice as loud as I can and cause you to loose as many members as possible through every website, forum and social media site I can and urge others to do the same.

Richard

Richard

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
hntnnut,

Wow is all I can say. You might have gotten her name and added it to the email to them so they know who you're talking about. But then again, not likely to do any good. They might give her a raise.

GEno

In it is contentment

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
hntnnut,

Wow is all I can say. You might have gotten her name and added it to the email to them so they know who you're talking about. But then again, not likely to do any good. They might give her a raise.

GEno

never even gave me a chance hung up on me before I could even say anything.

Richard

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If they want former customers to buy all those product lines somewhere else, that's fine by me. It's THEIR bottom line.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's like this: example I encountered before

Dish Network: they mounted a dish into the shingles of a home I was putting a new roof on. No silicone or black mammy over the screw heads.
When i encountered this, the decking was rotten underneath and the diah had to come off.
I notified Dish about them causing the homeowner's roof damage and for them to come out and remount the antenna on a riser instead.

They said maybe 10 days they could get out there. Told them that was that was unacceptable.

They said "we have 10 million customers, youre welcome to call someone else"

And the guy did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've shopped at REI once. It was the only place in skAnchorage I could find that had Katadyn water filter cartridges in stock, and I also picked up a 40oz Kleen Kanteen stainless water bottle on an impulse buy. That was four years ago and i haven't been back since.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I've purchased good equipment there for years. Boots, camp mats, sleeping bags, glacier glasses etc. Sure, some of the employees and some of the customers are a little "green", but I've never had an issue. Even if I let it "slip" that I was going hunting.

This new information sheds a light on what "corporate" thinks and I likely will not shop there much if at all anymore.

Geno

PS, I have long hair but HATE friggen man buns . Eat lot's of veggies and therefor I'm "vegetarian", right? Joined the NRA before even owning a firearm. Grow a garden without "chemical" help. Like wommins and not mens. Haven't seen my chin since 1980 due to the full beard. Vote independent/libertarian. Do not understand tight jeans, how does one get them over boots when one wears them? I go barefoot or in sandals as much as possible, get laughed at around here when it's 33 degrees out with snow around. Wear wool and Union T-Shirts made in USA. I drive a fossil fuel burning vehicle, albeit an "efficient" one. Have an electric lawnmower tho, mostly for no need for gas, smell, or noise. Where do I fit on y'all's spectrum ? wink

PPS. I live in Cali too shocked

Im old style. I put my pants on before putting my boots on. smirk

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,025 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,468
Posts18,508,479
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.