Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Valsdad
PS, are you REALLY sure you're not implying any limit? In the interest of an adult discussion around the campfire, why don't you come right out with it?

Yes, I'm quite sure I'm not implying a limit of any sort. The simple question is how many of your guns do you use on a normal basis. I personally have more guns than I "need", but not as many as I want. Of the collection, I regularly use about 6.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by codybrown
PS, are you REALLY sure you're not implying any limit? In the interest of an adult discussion around the campfire, why don't you come right out with it?

Yes, I'm quite sure I'm not implying a limit of any sort. The simple question is how many of your guns do you use on a normal basis. I personally have more guns than I "need", but not as many as I want. Of the collection, I regularly use about 6.

Thanks cody,

I'll take you at your word as we should.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
I don’t have time to shoot all I have, but I need them.

It’s like that 60’s cartoon where the little girl grabs Bugs Bunny and is squeezing the schit out of him while saying, “I love him, I want to hold him and squeeze him”. Yeah, that’s me...I love them all! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

Thanks cody,

I'll take you at your word as we should.

Geno

I appreciate that Geno. If I really had ulterior motives I wouldn't be an active member on a gun/outdoors forum. I have had quite a good experience over the years that I've been a member here, and this was simply a question basically if people have go to guns or use a wide variety of their collections.

Cody

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well...

I use them all. I tend to use a couple more than others, but I try to use everything occasionally. even if it's just for a doe tag...

But I've got a winchester classic fwt in 25-06, a sako/h&r .222, and my old remington 581 .22 that make for some great days

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
cody,

I guess I could say I have both. One unfired "collector".

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The ones from .17-.50 caliber inclusive.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I once had a girl tell me,"My husband is always buying guns.He said,I need a gun for doves,I need a gun for deer,I need a gun for pigs,I need a gun for snakes".It was all I could do to keep from laughing.Sounds like a man with an easy woman and a lot of guns! As for me,I'm getting to where I have more guns than I use.I have built a collection of very accurate rifles,but as I grow older,some may never make a hunting trip by me because I'm liking certain ones more.I'd rather spend money on guns than other crap because they always maintain good value.So the more the merrier,you can always sell them or pass them on.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use WAY too MANY types of hunting weapons based on STUPID restrictions in place by folk that don’t know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Depending on where I hunt, and this is FACT:

Bow
Crossbow
Shotgun
Rifled Shotgun
Muzzle Loader
Straight walled case single shot rifle
Various other high velocity rifles

Its a damn huge waste of money and for most of us to comply with the BS, its what we have to do.

Then when you add the “Lotto” system and reduced amounts of hunters, they have us by the balls.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 03/06/18.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Redneck
First off, I'm not implying any sort of limit. I'm just purely wondering how many firearms you actually use out of your collections regularly. "Go to" guns per se. Personally I have a couple handguns I regularly carry, and 4-5 other rifles that I regularly shoot. I'm judging on average times I shoot them a year. There are others I pull out and shoot every 1-2 years, and still others I have yet to shoot since I have bought them.

For those that have multiple calibers that are fairly comparable, do you find yourself using a broad range of them, or is there a specific rifle that you always find yourself grabbing without fail?

Just a thought rattling around in my head today.

Got everything from .17 Rem to .375HH.. But what I recommend for everyone is to have at LEAST one gun for every window in the house.. laugh

lol.... I like that one.

There are multiple handguns that I use/carry every day depending on what I'm doing...often 2 at a time. My wife sticks with one.

There is one rifle that lives in a daily driver.

There is one rifle that lives on an ATV that is driven on the farm everyday.

So those listed above can be considered daily users...though they aren't fired every day.

Hunting rifles/shotguns turns into a real shuffle...I'm not going to start thinking about them though I did limit myself this past deer season to focus on using a couple of scopes (mainly 1).

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have a few I carry and/or shoot regularly.
I have a bunch I rarely fire.
I have a bunch more I've never fired.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will not need as many different calibers once the war starts.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gregintenn

^^^^^ This- Me too

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I carry 2 everywhere in my truck. In my other truck I either carry a 357 or 22 revolver. And a 223 or 22 mag for a truck gun. Hunt regularly with 2 different shotguns. Deer hunt with 2 different rifles and 2 different muzzleloaders. Squirrel hunt with one 22. Another sighted in for cb caps leans up by the back door. When I set traps I carry a BL-22. I have a 30-06 that is a loaner rifle. My wife has 3 sh uses occasionaly and a carry gun. So I need 16 or 17

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Clarification, the woman in your house has how pairs of shoes? How many does she really need?

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My collection

They are man made tools of war or peace, of love or hate
labeled at will by man, their creator

tools ingeniously designed, used by aggressor or defender
classed again by man, the maker

Blameless products of metal and wood, shaped by the skills of
master mechanics, embellished by the hands of an artist
condemned because of misuse by man, they're possessor.

A mighty protector on the side of right-A destroyer on the side of evil
an eternal chameleon.

Look upon them as they are displayed, impotent curios of a day now past,
outliving their masters.

Let their purpose and history be forever in the eyes of the beholder;
romantic, destroying or preserving; weaving untold tales of daring or cowardice.
chivalry or cunning. But see them as they shall always be; ominous reminders of sudden action,
the instruments of the quick, and the nemesis of the dead.

Ray Riling

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
3 the 45-70, 1911 and my 870

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Owl
Originally Posted by gregintenn

^^^^^ This - Me too

- - - ^^^^^ This - Me too too

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use 'em ALL.

It's just that some get used more than others.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
[quote=codybrown]First off, I'm not implying any sort of limit. I'm just purely wondering how many firearms you actually use out of your collections regularly.

Did I tell you, you resemble my wife! cry

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 16penny, 260Remguy, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,686
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.