Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Use the Marlin or get the Marlin.

[Linked Image]

Nice, bet you have that Marlin set up to reach 200 yards across that hayfield if need be.

That’s a good picture

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
[/quote]
opp`s let`s not care about safety , here in central Minnesota we practice safety and try and steer our youth away from lever rifles without a safety !![/quote]

I’m not tryin to be a smart azz, but who is “we”? I’m tryin to get an idea of what you’re sayin. Thanks,

Edwin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
only buy a 30-30 to use if the lever rifle has a safety,i seen a few accidents with the levers with no safeties when unloading the old levers with no safety. if you can afford it maybe buy a Browning BLR safer rifle with a clip and your ammo bullet tips don`t get smashed up,its also more accurate and a stronger action.

How many times are you going to repeat your BS?
Any firearm is dangerous in the hands of a retard.

opp`s let`s not care about safety , here in central Minnesota we practice safety and try and steer our youth away from lever rifles without a safety !!

i have had hundreds of levers over the the last 7 decades and have never had an AD with one. can't say that about bolt guns.
i have had levers starting with original Henry's and most every other lever gun made since..not one AD ever

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by deerstalker
only buy a 30-30 to use if the lever rifle has a safety,i seen a few accidents with the levers with no safeties when unloading the old levers with no safety. if you can afford it maybe buy a Browning BLR safer rifle with a clip and your ammo bullet tips don`t get smashed up,its also more accurate and a stronger action.

opp`s let`s not care about safety , here in central Minnesota we practice safety and try and steer our youth away from lever rifles without a safety !!

i have had hundreds of levers over the the last 7 decades and have never had an AD with one. can't say that about bolt guns.
i have had levers starting with original Henry's and most every other lever gun made since..not one AD ever

the day may come you may eat those words about a lever gun, you also posted you have had 100`s of levers ? really ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yes my friend, Really.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

WTF are you talking about? I've spent 62 years in central and nothern Minnesota and never heard such noncese. My dad carried a .32 special Marlin for years and taught me how to carry and shoot it properly. My uncle's and cousins carried every form of Marlin and Winchester lever action gun. Just about everyone I went to school with dad had a 30-30, .35 Rem, .32 WS or even a 38-55 . Everybody had a lever gun and no one ever had safety problems with them.
My kids learned to hunt with a pre safety Marlin. A Marlin or Winchester is probably the safest firearms for a new shooter to carry.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A Marlin or Winchester is probably the safest firearms for a new shooter ? your nuts, these levers without a safety are not that safe and in youth gun safety instructors teach kids about how unsafe these old levers are ! I live in central Minnesota and hunt by the Canadian border and no we don`t hunt with old levers, myself I use a Ruger no. 1 with a safety ,there`s a money rifle shoot in long siding area this Sunday 8am bring your lever 100 yards to 500 yards ,bet your lever won`t even shoot a 5 shot group at 100 yards under a inch off a cement bench. BRING THAT OLD LEVER,i`ll just use my old single shot ,and bring some cash too, I might be old but this won`t last long

Last edited by pete53; 03/07/18.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deerstalker

i have had hundreds of levers over the the last 7 decades

I KNEW you were a lever gun slut! laugh

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A Marlin or Winchester is probably the safest firearms for a new shooter ? your nuts, these levers without a safety are not that safe and in youth gun safety instructors teach kids about how unsafe these old levers are ! I live in central Minnesota and hunt by the Canadian border and no we don`t hunt with old levers, myself I use a Ruger no. 1 with a safety ,there`s a money rifle shoot in long siding area this Sunday 8am bring your lever 100 yards to 500 yards ,bet your lever won`t even shoot a 5 shot group at 100 yards under a inch off a cement bench. BRING THAT OLD LEVER,i`ll just use my old single shot ,and bring some cash too, I might be old but this won`t last long

Please explain to us what is unsafe about these guns?
Do you have any statistics?
What about a list of lawsuits?
Whether or not a lever gun is more or less accurate than any other type of gun is irrelevant to your accusation that these guns are not safe.
I hate to tell you but NO loaded gun is 100% safe. The person carrying it makes it safe.
A Remington 700 can be a very unsafe weapon. That is a design defect.

Here is a little test.
Start a thread asking how to remove or disable a cross bolt safety on a Marlin.
You will get responses from many knowledgeable members on how to do it. You can even find videos on you tube.
Then start a thread about how to disable a safety on a bolt gun and see the responses you get.

Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Then Pete, you oughta get rid of your beloved (and unsafe?) BLRs. The large percentage of ADs with hammer guns occur when the hammer is lowered on a chambered cartridge and the BLR has no hammer block ......just a half cock notch like all the leverguns made since the 1860's. Did you read the instruction manual that came with your BLR?

"In order to move the hammer from full-cock to half-cock position,
you must first place your thumb on the hammer to restrict its forward
movement. The trigger is then carefully squeezed to release the
hammer from the full-cock notch....
Be careful: If the trigger remains depressed, the half-cock notch will
not catch the hammer should it accidentally slip during this operation.
The hammer would continue past the half-cock position to the
dropped or fired position and the gun could discharge
."

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Whether or not a lever gun is more or less accurate than any other type of gun is irrelevant to your accusation that these guns are not safe.
I hate to tell you but NO loaded gun is 100% safe. The person carrying it makes it safe.

Here is a little test.
You will get responses from many knowledgeable members on how to do it. You can even find videos on you tube.
Then start a thread about how to disable a safety on a bolt gun and see the responses you get.

If I had the time and inclination, I'd bring one of my lever action single shot Sharps Rifles, put petes money in my wallet, and leave my dirty patches with him ;]

Trump Won!
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E

So I’m guessing that “we” is the youth gun safety instructors you’re talking about here.
What’s safety got to do with accuracy? I’m a NRA certified rifle and shotgun instructor, as well NRA RSO. I’ve never heard of what you’re talking about. I teach everyone to keep the gun pointed in a safe direction whether the gun is loaded or not.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by gunner500

Here is a little test.

If I had the time and inclination, I'd bring one of my lever action single shot Sharps Rifles, put petes money in my wallet, and leave my dirty patches with him ;]

>take the time and please bring the sharps rifle I`ll just use my bolt rifle,and please bring cash !

Last edited by pete53; 03/07/18.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you going to address the questions asked?
How about replying to edwin264? He's a NRA certified rifle and shotgun instructor, as well NRA RSO.
What are your credentials?
I guess we are all keyboard commandos and you are the expert on everything.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Are you going to address the questions asked?
How about replying to edwin264? He's a NRA certified rifle and shotgun instructor, as well NRA RSO.
What are your credentials?
I guess we are all keyboard commandos and you are the expert on everything.

why should I ? you gun experts have it all figured out and I have notice its about the same guys that are always negative. I mentioned that some older levers are kinda unsafe because those older levers have no safety . I was just trying to help somebody out on what could happen ,as far as I am concern go ahead use those dang old levers to hunt with > but the day may come when that lever fire`s when that person is unloading that rifle, I hope it never happens in anyone ?

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
This is a lever gun forum right ?

The only 30-30 lever guns are:
Winchester
Marlin
Henry
Mossberg

If you want the BEST, modern designed one, a JM marked, pre microgroove, Marlin 30-30 is the only choice.

It will carry a scope, has a proven record of accuracy, is rugged and man sized.

Now as to why someone would bother with a 30-30 when a 35 Rem is available is a topic for another thread.

1948 was a very good year to buy a 30-30 !

[Linked Image]

Last edited by kazijoy; 03/08/18.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I realize I’m just an opionated peckerwood who lives in the bush. I realize you can mount a scope on some lever action thuty-thuty’s and I guess you can even put a safety on ‘em. I cannot get my mind around why you would do either.
Please don’t bother to try and explain it— I don’t get it.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Well maybe in Canada everyone has perfect eyesight and all shots are 50 yards and under.. If you believe a 2.75X scope shot with both eyes open isn't as fast and more accurate than irons, you a'int tried it. I don't see a safety but I have old eyes.
With the Leverevolution ammo a 30-30 is a 200 yard rifle. Probably not sold in Canikastan as Pierre views it as dangerous ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We've only recently discovered Marlin lever guns in my family, partly due to the development of Leverevolution ammo and the notion that they don't have to be just "brush guns". Both the 30-30 and 35Rem can be 200yd rifles with a low-powered and low-mounted scope.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kazijoy
This is a lever gun forum right ?

The only 30-30 lever guns are:
Winchester
Marlin
Henry
Mossberg

If you want the BEST, modern designed one, a JM marked, pre microgroove, Marlin 30-30 is the only choice.

It will carry a scope, has a proven record of accuracy, is rugged and man sized.

Now as to why someone would bother with a 30-30 when a 35 Rem is available is a topic for another thread.

1948 was a very good year to buy a 30-30 !

[Linked Image]

You may have heard of an obscure brand called SAVAGE.

LOL
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (16penny, 41rem, 35, afisher, Anaconda, 12 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,103
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.