Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by stxhunter
going to have to find out more on the hunter side, and the rogers my dads mother's side, Jim is going to call me tomorrow. don't know why i didn't try to look into this when i was younger.

The Rogers are another OLD name from the days of the republic. This end of the river bottom here was part of the Rogers tract. Matter of fact, one of the Rogers boys was kilt and scalped right here down on Wilbarger creek while checking his "wolf" trap. Also Rogers hill closer to Austin. And another tract out in North Austin that belongs to the Rogers. These were all land payments for services during the revolution. I have a copy of one of the archaeological reports on one of the Rogers tracts around here Roger! You are welcome to it!

not the same Rogers Bob.

Damn!

well i have the tumlinsons and demosses so two old three hundred family's.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Roger,

It's very extended but we are related. My 6th great-uncle was Levi Inglish was a Texas Ranger (https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fen13) and led 15 families to establish the town of Carizzo Springs in Dimmit County. (https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/84690082/person/360190962097/facts).

His daughter married a Tumlinson in Dimmit county. (https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/84690082/person/360190978210/facts).

Last edited by MRitchie; 03/08/18.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not to steal stxHunter's post but for those of us who have Scottish blood. At this link is a picture of my gggrandfather from Stirling Scotland.
If your last name is Gordon and your family hails from Scotland you are also probably related.

https://www.stirling-lhs.org/blog/fort-major-henry-peddie-d-1871

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Kind of off the subject but a good friend of mine's Son-in-law is adopted and recently got a DNA test done on Ancestry.com. Ancestry.com notified him that they had the DNA of a man that closely matched his DNA. He was able to contact the man on Ancestry.com and it turns out the man is his Father. They arranged a meeting later this month but his Mother has passed away. The Son-in-law was adopted when he 6 months old and his adoptive Father died about 25 years ago After his adoptive Father died his adoptive Mother would have nothing to do with him or his kid's because she was opposed to the adoption.

Last edited by victoro; 03/09/18.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
finding out more on my dads moms side, gary is my uncle, only a 1 1/2 older than me.

Charles Sr. was born 18 Oct. 1723 Richmond Co. d. 1788 Fauquier Co. Va.

Charles, husband of Sythia/Seth Davis died in 1788. His will was probated 25 Feb 1788. Fauquier Co, VA

''Our Royal Ancestors'' written by Dr. Winona Stevens Jones, 1971, has that same death date and a birthdate of Oct 18,1723. In his will he names is wife, Seth, and all children etc.. all his property in Loudon, Fauquier , VA and property he owned in Kentucky etc.. The Charles who died in 1788 is definately the husband of Sythia etc Davis .

1758-001 Chinn, Charles Cohabiting 1758 The King's Court

(Rex)

Grand Jury

Presentments May

Seith Davis

1758-005 Chinn, Charles Cohabiting 1758 Continue at

Defendant's cost

The King's Court

(Rex)

Seith Davis

(Cohabiter)

1768-010 Chinn, Charles Cohabiting 1768 Dismissed The King's Court

(Rex)

Cohabiting with Syth

Davis

Syth Dav

Since his will was probated in Fauquier Co. it is highly possible that he was buried on the Bittersweet property. and upon inheriting 500 acres from his father, he enlarged his landholdings by purchasing other properties. One of them lay just three miles west of Middleburg along the Belhaven Road

Belhaven Rd is where Bittersweet is located. It would be interesting if you could find deeds showing the transfer of Bittersweet property to that of his son Charles. It appears by this will that he left 1/3 the estate to Seth….. so I’m thinking they lived there and when he died was buried there. After his death Charles and Sarah took over Bittersweet and Seth went to Nelson Co. ky where her other son Elijah lived or one of her kids anyway and most likely she is buried there.

What do you want to know about Bittersweet. I don’t know much.. I was there, didn’t get to speak to the owners…. There was a lady friend of theirs painting on the back porch. She allowed us to walk the grounds and take pictures. I explained I was a descendant.. didn’t want to go into the formalities of how although not directly. It is a private residence…. Belonging now to people by the name of Kohlers….. which are named in those papers I sent you.

Do you know anything about your Rogers side? You do know there were Rogers in Loudoun Co. Va. as well.

I seem to recall seeing John F. Chinn and Elizabeth Byrne in my papers but I don’t have all of Charles and Sarah’s children listed as of yet. I only have Elijah so far.

I am married have 2 children by my first husband. They are 27 and 23. I have 3 grandchildren. I have attached a picture of me when I visited Waverly, which is another Chinn property in those papers I sent you which is now a Winery….. Piedmont Vineyards. He was restoring the home when I was there. I live about 8 miles outside of Akron Ohio in a small town called Barberton . I work for the Public Defender office for our county as the office manager been there 20 years.

I was born in Nov 1957 in Akron Ohio . All my family….. the Balls, Chinns, Tarpley, Travers etc etc etc. came from England into Virginia and eventually the Chinns married into the Wilson family and moved into White Co. IL. My Adams and Marlin families were from Ireland , came into Chester Co. SC and they too ventured to White Co. IL where they all hooked up and the Adams girl ended up married to a Wilson boy and that is where most my family came from. My father, grandmother, great grandparents, and great great grand parents were all in Illinois .

My fathers other sides the Skiles family which is my maiden name came out of Pennsylvania …. I haven’t totally located them there yet but have pretty good areas narrowed down went into Ohio and then into Illinois .

My mothers side which were Meadows also came out of England into Virginia , then what became West Virginia and then into Ohio which is where my father met my mother after my grandparents moved here from Illinois .

I will keep in touch, I love sharing my discoveries. I’ve been doing this now for over 10 years and have had so much help from a lot of great people. As always let me know what questions you have and I’ll try to help.

Janean Ray

Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 8:27 PM
To: Janean
Subject:

Janean,

Thanks for your help. The child of Charles Chinn I descend from is Charles Chinn Jr., father of John F. Chinn who married Elizabeth A. Byrne. Their son was Randolph Chinn who married Alice Henderson. Their daughter was my grandmother Cora Elizabeth Chinn who married Henry Erwin Rogers. Their children were Van Hinckle Rogers, Burl Finnis Rogers and my mother Allene Rogers (Hunter/ Woodward) My mother was married to Norman Hunter, then to Horace Woodward.

The Charles Chinn Sr. that is on record at the SAR headquarters for civil service in the Revolutionary War was born Oct. 18, 1723 and died Feb. 25, 1788. Charles Jr. is who may be on the headstone you provided the picture of. I need the burial place of Charles Sr. Perhaps he is hiding in the same back yard at Bittersweet? Could you tell me more about the Bittersweet residence?

Regards,

Gary

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 257 roberts, 1minute, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,041
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.