-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe the sanctions have finally taken a real toll on the norks and gerbil boy is getting real nervous about being ousted.
I think it's smoke and mirrors. Try and buy time, make promises of giving up his nukes in exchange for lifting sanctions. Same act that's been played out before by the norks. Hopefully Trump recognizes this and doesn't get fooled.

NRA Patron Member

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yeah, I pray the likes of a Trump doesn't get taken by a 3rd world insular leader.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Gerbil is likely getting advise from Iran...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I trust fatboy as far as I can throw Texas....

I hope I live long enough to know he is a grease spot on a road map....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Ronald Reagan said trust, but verify.

But I don't trust that little round ball of $hit.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Gus
in the past the us would not negotiate directly with the norks. the norks are a piss-ant country.

mark this development down as a weakness expressed by the us.

we've tossed in the towel, and i know that's bad.

LOL!
You're nuttier than trail mix.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope I'm wrong, but I thinks it's just a ploy by NK to separate SK from the US. NK knows Trump is never going to accept a deal to give up sanctions without being able to verify NK is actually giving up its nukes. The idea is to convince SK that without the US there could be peace and prosperity for all or Korea. Once the US is gone then NK can at least bully SK around, if not invade it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two things......first, I believe that it would be a good thing to figure out some way to reduce the Nork threat, and perhaps improve the living conditions of their citizens to the point that someday they could overthrow their dictators. But, if anyone thinks that the North Koreans are going to give up their nukes, missiles, and quit being a militarized nation, I'm afraid they're nuts. I can't see any scenario in which that could happen.

Secondly, we should hold all the cards in any negotiation with them, and the terms of which should be our terms, not theirs. Somewhat strangely, Trump has gone from calling Gerbil Boy names, to wanting to sit down and talk. I'm not saying we shouldn't do it, but we need to be very cautious, and Trump had better have his ducks all in a row. I do not trust the Norks.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I think its buying time, playing game with Trump. Its a game long played by Kim's family

The only thing that the weasel cares about is holding on power in NK. His family has created a whole culture on resisting the evil Americans. So a lot of the things we do to limit the NK regime or weaken them really just plays in Kim's favor. We put sanctions in place, they freeze and starve, Kim says it the US fault and after 70 years of hearing its the US fault the people mostly believe it. None of this effects Kim personally as if there is any comfort luxury in the whole country its his.

The one chink in Kim's plan is that information is getting harder to control, so more of it gets snuck in. N Koreans seeing the west in videos, movies etc is a real danger to Kim and I think that this has been increasing, partly because of the media and partly because of the joint North-South ventures expose more NK's. , Kim's response has been to jack up the tensions and make the US bogeyman seem scarier and only his leadership can save NK from the American threat.

This is just a yet another ploy to shore up his internal position.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I don’t know. A guy like Kim has no kids. So he isn’t worried about the future in the way his father was. He has to realize that the noose is tightening and that If Trump doesn’t get him, his own generals or the Chinese might. A guy like that might be receptive to being bought off. A couple of billion dollars and asylum in someplace like UAE or Oman, and he might just be persuaded to step down and ride off in the sunset. He would have enough money to engage in unlimited debauchery without having to worry about the day to day struggle to stay on top.
Likely not true. While he keeps his family life a secret. there are rumors of kids and possibly even multiple wives. Nobody knows for sure, though. If he lives long enough for kids to grow up, I'm betting that a favorite son will appear.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t know. A guy like Kim has no kids. So he isn’t worried about the future in the way his father was. He has to realize that the noose is tightening and that If Trump doesn’t get him, his own generals or the Chinese might. A guy like that might be receptive to being bought off. A couple of billion dollars and asylum in someplace like UAE or Oman, and he might just be persuaded to step down and ride off in the sunset. He would have enough money to engage in unlimited debauchery without having to worry about the day to day struggle to stay on top.
I totally agree. This day is coming. It's just a matter of time. Something like this would be too good of deal to pass up.

In fact, when he leaves I believe he will hand over the North to South Korea.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Likely not true. While he keeps his family life a secret. there are rumors of kids and possibly even multiple wives. Nobody knows for sure, though. If he lives long enough for kids to grow up, I'm betting that a favorite son will appear.

I agree. No amount of money is going to buy him off, as he already has all the money he needs. It's about power, and he craves it.

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Gus
in the past the us would not negotiate directly with the norks. the norks are a piss-ant country.

No Gus, we tossed in the towel in every other admin by paying the criminals off. This time we have a leader who wrote the book on deals. I'll let the President handle this and believe he will do well for us. That has been his intent and results with most everything else the lying libs have not gotten in the way of.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
having nukes is the only thing that keeps North Korea in the conversation.

Without them they get ignored, their people starve and they can't blame their woes on the United States as a common enemy and general reason they are a 3rd world country.

Without them and a huge army they could put more money in agriculture and feed their people.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In the past, NK had such a large army because so many peasants enlisted to eat. They couldn't get enough food at home but the army fed them well. Not so now. I read recently that the army gives the soldiers short term leaves so they could go scrounge for their own food.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Gus

No Gus, we tossed in the towel in every other admin by paying the criminals off. This time we have a leader who wrote the book on deals. I'll let the President handle this and believe he will do well for us. That has been his intent and results with most everything else the lying libs have not gotten in the way of.

we have bought them off in the past, and that was a disgrace. but, the us refused to negotiate with them as the norks had requested, one on one.

trump has agreed to their demands. they're still a piss-ant nation.

we'll see how it all turns out.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Look, no American president since Kennedy at least has even wanted to solve the Korean mess. Why? Because they are all career politicians getting rich from lobbyists in the military industrial complex. We don’t even have a formal peace treaty with North Korea. None of them have ever wanted to solve the problem because the military industrial complex makes too much money from tensions on the Korean Peninsula.

Trump is the first president who is actually trying to solve the problem FOR GOOD. It may not work, but so what? Nothing else has either and trying the same old thing over and over is stupid. It is in things like this that really demonstrate the value of having a president who is not a career politician and who does not need anyone’s money.

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/09/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buying time, as usual, just like they've done for decades.

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Look, no American president since Kennedy at least has even wanted to solve the Korean mess. Why? Because they are all career politicians getting rich from lobbyists in the military industrial complex. We don’t even have a formal peace treaty with North Korea. None of them have ever wanted to solve the problem because the military industrial complex makes too much money from tensions on the Korean Peninsula.

Trump is the first president who is actually trying to solve the problem FOR GOOD. It may not work, but so what? Nothing else has either and trying the same old thing over and over is stupid. It is in things like this that really demonstrate the value of having a president who is not a career politician and who does not need anyone’s money.

Trying the same thing over and over became impossible when they got the bomb. The traitor obama allowed that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Gus

we have bought them off in the past, and that was a disgrace. but, the us refused to negotiate with them as the norks had requested, one on one.

trump has agreed to their demands. they're still a piss-ant nation.

we'll see how it all turns out.

It depends on what the agreement to talk entails. If the agreement to talk mandates complete and verifiable nuclear disarmament and destruction of all said facilities, then agreeing to talk from that contextual basis is the opposite of weakness. Mandate all action up front, require that it happen and then talk.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,196
Posts18,485,102
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.