I'd put a toilet in my recliner.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I'd put a toilet in my recliner.

Talk about a Lazy Boy...

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Hey Savage, i was going coyote hunting the other day and had a sudden pain on the way and had to make an emergency pit stop. It was Sunday pm and not much open so i pulled into a Micky Ds.

After unloading i felt empty again, so i decided to break my promise (again), and sauntered up toward the counter. I had to stand in line while one of Mexicos finest 5 ft tall 300 lb (each) couples tried to figure out how to get the stupid gringo behind the counter to concoct a knockoff of one of Starbucks best. He couldnt figure out how much ice cream and other schitt to put in so i started gandering around as my life passed before my eyes.

Low and behold they had a paper advert plastered to a roof support column and it had a pic of a juicy looking double 'beef' patty with a few short strips of bacon. $2. The bacon sealed the deal.

Hey, it wasnt half bad except for now having to worry about the possibility of mad cow disease from brain eating beef from S America in the future. I dont think its certified by the NA Cattlemens Ass.

I wonder what Sam or Jim or Barry would say to that but, hey, 2 big ones is 2 big ones, right?

I guess money would drive me back to Burger King.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/10/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Well, guess I'll stick my neck out and nose in. Not money like ol' Jed got, but I went from finding out
I was $45,000 in debt I'd never heard of (ex) to being able to more or less retire, in my mid 40s,
in the space of about 2 years.
More a right time-right place deal, than anything else. I believe God was in it. It didn't change me,
but made my circumstances a lot more pleasant. I think being happy is a decision, and doesn't
depend on what's happening, or not, beyond a few basics. I could choose to be as miserable
having some money, or as happy without any. The choice is just a bit easier on the one side, it
still requires sticking to.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
All right. Good to know. Thanks.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You make me think of myself.
I rarely get lottery tickets, my last one is 6 week old, and not checked yet.

I have often thought, could I buy an AMG car, take off the badges and no one around here know what it is.
I wouldnt want friends and family to know I spent that much on a car!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wageslave
Oh, I see now it was big money.

I'd spring for indoor plumbing.

Yo' Cuz,

What abouts a seement pond too?

So's we ken come over ta' fish in it. No mo trips all the ways down t' the river an' scheidt.

Y'all guys could warsh them clean drawers out in it too. Oh wait, that's right, ya' gots the indoor pipes already. Ken warsh 'em out in da kitchen sink then instead a havin' ta go outdoors. The pond'll stay cleener that way. Jus' make sure ta take the dishes out the sink firstest.

signed,

your long lost relative

Geno

PS, you ken get Otis that fancy new pudlepointer gal he's been after too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Ha. I never bought one. wink

Its amazing how many people think they are lucky when they are poor as church mice and im not referring to you, DB.

I was standing in line behind a big buyer in worn out tenners and clothes at a convience store. I told the guy behind me its amazing. Said i dont buy them cause im not lucky. I said its crazy how poor folks still think they are lucky.

He wanted to know how i knew. I said, well, its easy. If i was lucky i would have been born rich. He didnt argue.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/10/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I could find and buy a place where wimmens would not want to be!

A wimmen free, actually a human free lifestyle would be the bees knees! Just me & the dawgs!!! Dawgs have never been near the issue as my own species has! Especially wimmens!!!!

It's a hermits life for me!!!

kw,

sure as heck would simplify a lot of things eh?

Never hafta worry about gettin' yelled at for cleaning guns on the kitchen table, or eatin' beans (or meat) every night if you wanted to. Could buy a goat to put in the yard so you don't have to mow, and eat him later if you wanted, butcher him right there too.

I better go get a ticket so I can get the ball rollin' to hermit freedom.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Hey Jaguar!!!

And I sure as Hell wouldn't buy a boat!!! Might buy you a new one tho!!! laugh

Wouldnt matter. Youd be to chicken to get in, unless it was maybe in the driveway, but i would appreciate it. wink

I would do more hunting and fishing. I would get you a live in nanny, so we could go to the lake and i could fish and you could cook and clean up. grin

I would buy a bunch of beer so i could give one each to dimocraps on election day to get them to vote American.

I'd buy you your very own Yeti! laugh

Id prolly just ruin it with some stinking fish.

I'll have you know my little igloo smells good as new after some Hill Country HEB orange blossom antibacterial dish detergent and a good airing in the garage for a few weeks. If that doesnt work a good rinse with water and baking soda does the job. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I would give it all to Charity.That bitch be fine!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the monetized economy has already changed each and every one of us, no? i mean, without money wouldn't we be changed?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hacklewrap01
I think being happy is a decision, .

That comment needs to be highlighted. After going through hell on Earth for about a year straight, I learned that. Happiness is unquestionably a choice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There may have been a time - probably was a time - when some big money would have wrought changes in me as a person. At this point, I think it would not change me at all - and hope that to be true.

Such money certainly would enable change regarding the things I wish and try to do involving others - and hope I would be wise enough to do that as effective as possible.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The term "millionaire" doesn't mean what it once did. In today's world, a million dollars will certainly buy a lot, but not as much as you might think. The last 2 farms that have sold around me brought $12,000 an acre. Mennonites bought both of them, and to be fair about it, when we're talking about land prices in my area, the "Mennonite factor" is always there. They will pay much more than anyone else, because they have to have the land. So, if you were buying this land, you could get about 80 acres for a million dollars. That's not a lot of land, and it's going to be agricultural land, not hunting land.

I'd think that if one was to win the lottery, it would have to be a one worth several million dollars before you would really realize what it was like to be filthy rich. A measly old million won't do it anymore.

James,

Here a million (after taxes) stretches a lot further. We even have our own Mennonites here too. Place right down at the end of our road was (is still?) listed at $680,000. 280 acres of decent cattle land (grazing and hay fields) with water rights to the reservoir up the way. Farmhouse, barn, corrals, loading chutes, etc. End of the paved road, only 16 miles or so from town. And it leaves $320,000 to live on/pay taxes etc.

Of course, we're in Cali. Granted, a very rural conservative county, but still have to deal with the rules here. And while there is decent hunting, it's not like you're going to get multiple deer tags as in some other states. Be lucky to draw one every 3-4 years. Bucks only.

Land just over the border in OR (SE OR) is very reasonably priced if you've got a million or two also. Probably cheaper than here, especially undeveloped land.

Drawbacks here are the regulations, and the fact that "decent" medical care is a 2-3 hour drive or in an emergency situation, a spendy helicopter flight out of here. Decent weather, few folks comparatively, relatively crime free.

Just depends on where a fella wants to live I guess, how far the money will stretch.

Geno

PS, read my next post to see how long we stay here if we win "BIG" big. grin

In it is contentment

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'd just keep ranchin' til it was all gone...

Hence the old joke: "How do you make a small fortune farming (or ranching)? ... Start off with a large fortune!"

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by rphguy
yes, it would.
It wouldn't change my character, but it would sure change my life.

First, I would not longer work in the profession I have now.
Second, I would spend a lot of my time doing mission projects around the world.
Third, I would spend a lot of my time traveling/hunting/fishing around the world.
Fourth, I would own land to raise animals and to hunt/fish on.

But, I would not buy, buy, buy, and squander the money.

Always thought it would be interesting to be in a position to take a drill rig around drilling wells for drinking water. Know absolutely zip about drilling. But figured if I had that much money, I could hire a like-minded crew to work with me.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I woukd buy me a new pancreas and stock up on pecan pie. Would also do my best to be as big a pain in the ass as I could to peta ans the democrats and anyone else like that.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
So, you would have welfare bums living everywhere, huh? frown

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
They say money can't buy happiness, but it would sure make my misery a lot more tolerable!

3825 24336
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, 1973cb450, 15 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,053
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.