Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by satx78247
To All,

At a MINIMUM, any GI should be removed from any law in any US jurisdiction that prevents him/her from enjoying the FULL benefits of US citizenship, including drinking alcohol, buying firearms & anything else that has an age limit.

And after 4 years of honorable service any GI, who is NOT a US citizen, should be offered citizenship without delay.

yours, tex
USA, Retired

IMHO there should not be a need for that caveat. There should be NO law that comes in like that to start with. You are old enough for it all or you aren't.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Trump ain’t gonna hurt our 2A.

Ya sure as hell wouldn't think so. The NRA gave him more money than the republicans did. They were his biggest super-pac.

But he keeps reminding everyone he'll do things his way.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just saying, if I were in a Walmart, not that that's likely, but were it to happen and a youngster was denied bullets because of age, I wouldn't hesitate in making the legal purchase for them, [bleep] these people and their self centered feel good ideas.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Squidge
I think I heard something similar about banning bump stocks too.

Lol.....bump stock

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by watch4bear
What's next? A mall shooter with a hi-cap Glock, and he gives them up too?

I don't think think that matters as Trump is one of only five people to have a concealed carry permit in New Yak.

i know a member here who does.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
What's next? A mall shooter with a hi-cap Glock, and he gives them up too?

I don't think think that matters as Trump is one of only five people to have a concealed carry permit in New Yak.

i know a member here who does.

I do as well.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's spin doctoring to erode more constitutional rights. The Florida shooter bought his weapons > 3 days before the shooting, so that law is just another inconvenience to citizens.

Many people failed to protect the children at school - starting with authorities that did not act to reports, followed by a clueless UBER driver, incompetant school administrators (how can someone just walk into a school after Columbine?), and a cowardly sheriff response. Instead of hold any of these people accountable, the obvious thing is to regulate law abiding citizens for this criminals behavior?

My response is to join the NRA lifetime membership. I did it today.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
That MF'r would sign another AWB if it were put in front of him. I have no doubt about it.

So would have George Bush..He said so in 2004 when the AWB sunset..

And lets remember, his FATHER also supported it before Clinton was elected. And Reagan himself also supported the idea of banning assault weapons.He said so himself in the late 1980s several times.

Last edited by jk16; 03/11/18.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Well, he'll "recommend it".

Not winning. Bigly.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...aising-minimum-age-to-buy-long-guns.html

President Trump is set to announce recommendations Sunday night on stopping school shootings that will include calls to increase the minimum age for buying long guns to 21, Fox News has learned.

No details yet on whether that's just purchases from FFL's, or if they'll try to ban private sales to 18-20 year olds also.

So, if it bothers you, go buy the gun for your favorite 18-20 year old and gift it to them.

Problem solved.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
[Linked Image]

IC B3

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by steve4102

So, if it bothers you, go buy the gun for your favorite 18-20 year old and gift it to them.

Problem solved.

So wouldn't that be a straw purchase which is already illegal?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by ltppowell
It's the art of the deal. You only negotiate with things you don't care about.

He’s negotiating with powers he doesn’t have.

Pretty sure congress writes law. He can only sign it.

The guys a talker. I don’t think he remembers what he says one day to the next. It’s just blah blah blah....biggly, the crowd, everybody loves 45, blah, blah, blah.......

Pretty much.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MRitchie
Originally Posted by steve4102

Problem solved.

So wouldn't that be a straw purchase which is already illegal?

There’s no federal law that prohibits a gift of a firearm to a relative or friend that lives in your home state. Abramski v. United States, a recent Supreme Court decision involving a “straw purchase” of a firearm did not change the law regarding firearms as gifts.

https://www.nssf.org/giving-a-firearm-as-a-gift-some-reminders-from-nssf/

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Any call for immediate change shut down and going to give it Secretary of Education Devos to review in a commission. Even tho Trump is on record saying commissions like these are worse than useless and a total waste of time. And they kept Trump away from microphones and reporters while Andrew Bremberg, Director of the Domestic Policy Council, along with Devos gave the details of the plan to reporters.

Looks to me that Trump got shut down and shut away by the adults who understand the realities of mid-terms, and it got pawned off to two people who have no election concerns to talk with reporters.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
🙄

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I don't know how accurate it is but I read just the other day per FBI stats that since 2009 only two mass shootings have been committed by under 21 year old individuals using semi-automatic rifles and only one of those was with legally purchased rifle.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
MRitchie,

GIFTS are NOT "straw purchases", regardless of who they are purchased for, under BATFE regulations. = Unlawful "straw purchases" are purchases for the purpose of concealing the true "owner".
(For example, I can lawfully buy you a firearm/ammo but CANNOT knowingly buy a firearm/ammo for a drug dealer/known felon. = It's all about MOTIVE.)

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MRitchie,

GIFTS are NOT "straw purchases", regardless of who they are purchased for, under BATFE regulations. = Unlawful "straw purchases" are purchases for the purpose of concealing the true "owner".
(For example, I can lawfully buy you a firearm/ammo but CANNOT knowingly buy a firearm/ammo for a drug dealer/known felon. = It's all about MOTIVE.)

yours, tex

I have indeed witnessed an FFL dealer turn down a purchase a woman was making for a gift as a straw purchase.

The FFL dealer has the final say in whether he sells the gun or not. And the BATFE has them pretty gun shy (pardon the pun) right now, and after 8 years of Obama.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
MRitchie,

yours, tex

Not just motive, also can have to do with whose money is being used. If you are buying it with somebody else's money or with the promise of being reimbursed, it's likely a straw purchase. If you buy it with your money and give the firearm away, that's a gift.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
rockinbbar; Calhoun,

You are both 100% Correct.

Nonetheless an FFL refusing to sell a firearm/ammo to any purchaser (for any otherwise lawful reason) has ZILCH to do with what is LAWFUL under the federal laws/BATFE policies/regulations.
(In most "straw purchases", unless the "purchasers" are STUPID, the FFL has no way to know whose $$$$$ is being used.)

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 03/12/18. Reason: addenda

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 1936M71, 16gage, 37 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,146
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.