Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Recent options for repurposed Lake city 223 brass & more have improved brass availability options in a big way IMHO. First there was High Planes brass and now Sleeping giant has come along with even more variety & service. I have tried both and sleeping giant will be getting my business going forward. Why do you ask?

Sleeping giant offers a more complete product in my experience. I am of the opinion that SG is providing a final anneal and chamfered necks I had not experienced w HP brass. With either vendor, neck turning will still be necessary in most all cases.

Case capacity will differ with this repurposed brass so one will do well to plan to start low and work up into a accuracy and velocity node that suits the cartridge. Neck turning may be new to you, Don't fear a new experience lots of options for turning necks that can keep this pretty simple IMHO. Then I do have a good deal of machining background so I may take a few things for granted that may be more of a learning curve for many.

If this sounds like something that may interest you do a few searches over on Saubier lots of help to be offered by that great bunch of guys.

Check them out many more offerings that may trip your trigger as well.

http://www.sleepinggiantbrass.com/_catalog_grid/rifle

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

thx for the link..........

where was this Vartarg brass 12 yrs ago ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Yea, Crazy thing is the equipment and technology was readily available to mass repurpose the 223 brass and others. Only difference is now a few folks are taking the initiative to make a viable business out of this service opportunity. Thus far I am of the opinion Sleeping Giant offers the best bang for your buck. only additional service they may want to offer would be neck turning as I see things.

I also see the neck turning service just may not be cost effective.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
S
S
Thank you, I appreciate the business and all the feedback. I shoot a 17fb and a 221fb and several other calibers and I use the brass I manufacture. I do the very best I can to manufacture the best brass I can, I make a minimum run of 10k for each caliber. Each caliber (17fb, 20vt, and 221fb
and so on) has its own dedicated toolhead so nothing is ever changed with the exception of the trimmer/blade. Even the toolhead bolt is torqued the same everytime. I take a lot of pride in what I do and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t enjoy It.

Thank you

Scott

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good to see options. Welcome aboard, Scott and good luck in your business endeavors

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,962 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,757
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.