Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
DennisB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Ruger old model 3 screw Blackhawk 357 mag. Pictures show it's great condition. All original, 4 5/8 barrel. Be sure your FFL will accept a transfer from a non-FFL individual. $550 shipped.

Dennis.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Those who call magazines "clips" and cartridges "bullets" ought not to be taken seriously. Jeff Cooper.
We might add those who call bullets "boolits.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why is this still here? If only I had the funds...

Any trade interests?

D
DennisB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I'm selling for a friend so no trades.

Dennis.

Last edited by DennisB; 03/10/18.

Those who call magazines "clips" and cartridges "bullets" ought not to be taken seriously. Jeff Cooper.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Should have sold already.

I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Bump for ya. Yes, it should have sold, no one these days know that these old Rugers are made SO MUCH better than the new chit Ruger is turning out, which 50% of the time has to go BACK to the factory to have them make it right. And these folks that send them back are HAPPY about it!!! "Oh, Ruger made it right"...well how about INITIAL QUALITY?!?!?! Unreal what people have accepted as normal these days! Good luck with your sale!

Ken
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Wow, 50% returns.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the past 20 years I’ve bought 9 Ruger handguns and 3 Ruger rifles and none have had to go back to the factory for anything. The only one I consider iffy is my American Target 17HMR for cosmetic reasons. But it shoots to good to send back. Now you might say my standards are low, but I disagree.
I have bought 2 new S&W’s in the past year and both had to be returned. A 442 for shooting about 8” left at 10’.
And it’s there now, my new 629 Classic 5”. That one is still shooting about 2” to the left at 25 yards. with the sight adjusted as far right as it will go. Oh and I had to send a Henry lever gun back for mechanical reasons.

I wanted to sell my old 3 screw short bbl. 357 ( in excellent cond.) awhile back and I also was asking $550. No one would buy it. In excellent condition $500/$450 is about tops. Less then excellent your looking at low $400 and lower. I know it makes no sense seeing how NM cost more. Their is just a boat load of them out there.
Needless to say I still have mine. It’s one of my most accurate revolvers.
Good luck with your sale.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by desertoakie
Bump for ya. Yes, it should have sold, no one these days know that these old Rugers are made SO MUCH better than the new chit Ruger is turning out, which 50% of the time has to go BACK to the factory to have them make it right. And these folks that send them back are HAPPY about it!!! "Oh, Ruger made it right"...well how about INITIAL QUALITY?!?!?! Unreal what people have accepted as normal these days! Good luck with your sale!

If any American gun company had a 50% return rate for product service the company would be out of business just on the service cost alone. If any company's return rate exceeds 3% of production they have a problem.

Last edited by doctor_Encore; 03/12/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m gonna call Bullschitt on that “50 % Return Rate” statement. I’ve owned over a 100 Ruger Handguns in the last 40 years. Never had to send any of them back for repairs.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/12/18.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I am on the same boat!! I have also owned a numerous amount of Ruger handguns an rifles all have exceeded my expectations. Nice old 3 screw Ruger good luck with your sale

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Alright, 50% is overstated I imagine. But reading the Ruger boards and others, it sure seems a lot of folks are having trouble and needing to send back their "new-in-the-box" Rugers. I currently own 50 Ruger single actions, and will not buy a new one when an old one (20 years +) is available. For example: Ruger cannot get a wooden grip to mate up to their grip frames in a lot of years, which is just piss-poor in my judgment.

Bump again for your OM Ruger for sale. The price point that they sell at seems to be in the mid-$400s range, as I sold one like yours recently for that amount.

Ken
D
DennisB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
^

D
DennisB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Let's try $510 shipped.

Dennis.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very nice OM.

I've had 7 or 8 newer production Ruger revolvers and haven't sent one back yet as all functioned perfectly. Seems lots of people sending the GP100's back because of the .000001" gap under the front sight. That's the kind of people that are posting about their "problems" on the Ruger forums. I don't fret such things and neither do most.

Best of luck with your sale, DennisB.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
In the past 20 years I’ve bought 9 Ruger handguns and 3 Ruger rifles and none have had to go back to the factory for anything. The only one I consider iffy is my American Target 17HMR for cosmetic reasons. But it shoots to good to send back. Now you might say my standards are low, but I disagree.
I have bought 2 new S&W’s in the past year and both had to be returned. A 442 for shooting about 8” left at 10’.
And it’s there now, my new 629 Classic 5”. That one is still shooting about 2” to the left at 25 yards. with the sight adjusted as far right as it will go. Oh and I had to send a Henry lever gun back for mechanical reasons.

I wanted to sell my old 3 screw short bbl. 357 ( in excellent cond.) awhile back and I also was asking $550. No one would buy it. In excellent condition $500/$450 is about tops. Less then excellent your looking at low $400 and lower. I know it makes no sense seeing how NM cost more. Their is just a boat load of them out there.

The Smith and Wesson’s must have a crooked barrel.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Are these the model that are frequently rebuilt to .44 Spl?

D
DennisB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Yes they are. I just sold a Clements Custom 44 special last week that started as one of these. I have two other Clements guns that were based on the old model Blackhawk, one is a 44 special, one a 45 ACP/45 AR.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad

The Smith and Wesson’s must have a crooked barrel.

I have no idea what the problem was. But they didn’t change the barrel on the 442. Because I painted the front sight and that’s how I got it back. And it shoots damn good now. And they never said what the problem was.
I got an email this morning on the 629 Classic saying they just received it and checking it out.

Last edited by HeavyLoad; 03/14/18.
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Maybe I missed it, but do you know the year of manufacture?

Life Member: NRA, GOA, PF, QF
D
DennisB Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 25 invisible), 1,797 guests, and 1,009 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,274
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.