I would NEVER USE JES

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 358wsm
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by trplem
If there's any difference in price, whichever is cheapest. I've gotten good accuracy out of 2-5 groove rifles.

I agree, land and groove count has no effect on accuracy, you just need a good job.

I believe JESS is known for doing quality work. Yes..?

Not for 24 member justahunter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by trplem
If there's any difference in price, whichever is cheapest. I've gotten good accuracy out of 2-5 groove rifles.

I agree, land and groove count has no effect on accuracy, you just need a good job.

I believe JESS is known for doing quality work. Yes..?

Not for 24 member justahunter
Originally Posted by JerradPelzer
I’ve got one I’m going to send him here shortly to rebore to a 35 whelen and he said 3 groove will work just fine so I left it at that. Seemed like a nice guy. Kind of excited to get this sent out and back

He's not the nice guy you think he is

358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I would NEVER USE JES

Ted,

Why.?

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tejano
I only think a three groove is an issue with hyper velocity cartridges and thin jacketed bullets. Go with what JESS says or go back to what Whelen used.

My When was stolen. sick

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would NEVER USE JES

Ted,

Why.?

I will get Todd to paste his threads up of his 35 Wheelen BLOW UP!!!

JES.....did not make good on it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
bs

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like my odds in dealing with JES personally. Plus comparing the hundreds of good reports to this one. But maybe I am rolling the dice IDK. Maybe he is a complete a$$hole but if so he sure does a dang good job of keeping that a secret in my limited experiences in talking to him and the work he has done for me.

Def sucks what happened to that guy though.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
He did a great job on mine. A sample of one is not much of a sample. It's hard to find a bad review. This guy had a problem with an 03 if I remember. Sometimes you get what you give. He was very nice, did great work and had a really quick turn around. Shoots 185 and 210 Barnes right at an inch.
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
IC B3

358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I would NEVER USE JES

Ted,

Why.?

I will get Todd to paste his threads up of his 35 Wheelen BLOW UP!!!

JES.....did not make good on it

Thank you for answering my question Ted.

I don't know. I suppose things happen. Seems by the many many good reports we expect a fellow to hit a home run each time up to the plate. When after thousands of successful jobs, "something" doesn't go as wished do we demonize them.? Now, I don't know all the ins and outs, but sometimes crap happens.
I pride myself in doing quality work, but when a tarp blows off a semi finished roof in the middle of the night durring high winds and rain, am I then a hack.? Or when a screw slides down along the side of a stud and clips a 12-3 feeding an outlet am I a chuck.? Should no one ever hire me because things happen.?
Now, if I shrugg my shoulders in some appathetic way and don't make it right, then THAT becomes a reason to avoid hiring me.

The one thing about the internet is bad news travels fast, and EVERYONE hears about it. A fellow with a good rep then gets labled a hack.

Ted, I do appreciate you having brought this to my attention. I will weigh it out. It is however the only report I have ever heard that would shed bad light on JES. That being what it is, the scales weigh heavily in favor of his workmanship.

Thanks again, I do appreciate the response.

358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
I like my odds in dealing with JES personally. Plus comparing the hundreds of good reports to this one. But maybe I am rolling the dice IDK. Maybe he is a complete a$$hole but if so he sure does a dang good job of keeping that a secret in my limited experiences in talking to him and the work he has done for me.

Def sucks what happened to that guy though.

That's a good assessment, and it's pretty fair.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
At JES recommendation I went with the 3 groove on my Rem 700 that he rebored to 35 whelen. The gun shoots 225 accubonds lights out.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 21, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.