805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PAMac
[quote=ringworm]BBQ?
In Michigan?
LOL!
whatever...

yep.... that's why Our state is shaped like a silicone grill mitt flipping a tri tip.....

I had no clue that Tri Tip was a known item in Michigan! I live in the town that produced that cut many years ago.
Good luck on your new adventure!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Congrats and best of luck to you!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck Pauly.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
congrats looks like not far off the interstate i'll stop by when traveling through

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Here’s what little I know...We’re all gonna be dead a long damn time after really working so hard to “chase it.” I’m thrilled to see a great person with an idea, plan and guts to put it all on the come line. Congratulations and the very best of luck!

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
IC B2

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Congrats and it looks like a lot of good advice offered so far.

But two simple words will go a long ways to your success:

Stripper poles.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There was so much listed on failure, it's easier to focus on the success side of it....
But.... Advertisement, Service, food quality, expected income, location, lack of management, food/pricing ratios.. we're a few....

Location, location, location!

[Linked Image from ]
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
BBQ here in Michigan? Road trip!!! grin

Here's a business tip that doesn't cost a thing: Social media. 40somethings and younger, their smart phone is all they use when picking a place to eat. Facebook, twitter, yelp, trip advisor, and the like are the ones people look at before going. Free advertising is the best kind! Of course you need a website and should have your menu on it. Think of it as the Yellow Pages in the 21st century. If you post it, they will come.

Good luck and hope to get there soon!

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Very cool PAMac!

It'd be about 9 hours 1 way for me.....but....when visiting my inlaws it would be a short 2.5 hr trip. Yep, think I'll take a road trip to MI next time I'm on a road trip to IN.

Hope it's all you want without being so much that you don't......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
About an hour from the GR area, sounds like an afternoon drive and dinner. Good luck.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
All right then!!! Just how much is the Campfire Discount?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wish you well. I have owned several restaurants, and worked for many years for various chains. It's very hard work, financially dicey, but very rewarding on many different levels. I have been out of the game for about 25 years, but there are time when I still miss the excitement. My son owns a successful restaurant here in town, and I help out there when needed. Nothing to physical, but with the books, the menus, food cost studies and the like.

Sam......

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Running our own business can be successful if you follow the cardinal rules:

1. Expect what you inspect, no one will maintain standards that you are not there to enforce, NO ONE.

2. Listen to your accountant, numbers don't lie.

3. Accountants lie, have yours audited on a regular basis.

4. Employees steal, fear motivates honesty.

5. Competition is a fact of life, there is always a way to improve, never think you are good enough.

6. Being your own boss is the best and toughest job on earth.

good luck

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, Any updates ?

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Best of luck brother! I wanted to open a restaurant a long time ago, it was going to be a Hooters XL "for the man who likes a big girl" I think it could have done pretty good! LOL

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It appears Pauly has been successful at his endeavor. Congratulations PaMac!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't read the entire thread, but in just about any business, especially eating places, location....location...location, is the key. Sounds like you did your homework and have a good one. Go for it!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep..... Giving up my trade as a Journeyman Tool and Die Maker, My wife and I are stepping into our Happily Ever After....

I know there is a lot of disbelief and doubt out there.... But I've got a lot more desire and determination to counteract all of that....

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/1lzmP8Q6N0KKtCZp2[/img]

Not just the roadside Pauly Mac's BBQ stand anymore, a brick and mortar building conveniently located on a golf course and surrounded by 4 lakes within 5 minutes drive to each. Yep, I'm taking over a clubhouse that has an average of 15-20k rounds of golf played each year..... Now open to the public, also putting in a pier for dockside delivery to access the 3 adjoining lakes....

The birth of Pauly Mac's at Four Lakes
[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/kNQZKT4nPKQwisD12[/img]

Will be opening for Dinners only Feb 5, 2018 thru April 1st will be an Easter Brunch..... Then we start the Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner 7am-7pm Sunday - Wednesday and 7am-9pm Thursday, Friday, Saturday....
Food theme is grilled or smoked meats, fresh never frozen locally raised... Beef, Chicken, and of course Pork.... 😉

As usual things never go as smooth as you like.... Go figure.
I'm currently dealing with getting back the land I sold on land contract to give us a good financial cushion while on this endeavor so I didn't have to cash in my 401k.... it's a long story so I'll just link one of the many articles....

http://fox17online.com/2017/08/05/v...over-stolen-trailers-mowers-other-items/

Well I get my property back at the end of March and they get out of prison in 2028 for the almost 500k of stolen merchandise they had....

So I'll be selling a few of my possessions in the free classifieds priceless and be taking the best offer that comes in...... I'll link them in this post so y'all know why it's being sold..... We do have Instagram and a Facebook sight (that we just set up) set up for advertising.....
pauly_macs_at_four_lakes (instagram) Pauly Mac's at Four Lakes (facebook)

An Upfront Thanks to all the Encouragers, and may the Naysayers bite their tounges!

Take Care,
Pauly Mac 😉

I think that is absolutely awesome, and wish you the best of luck. Being friends with a couple of successful restaurant owners, the only thing I can tell you that may be of use is to make sure there is something for everyone. You may have the best (blank) in the world, but I ain't going with my family if you don't have (blank).

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep..... Giving up my trade as a Journeyman Tool and Die Maker, My wife and I are stepping into our Happily Ever After....

I know there is a lot of disbelief and doubt out there.... But I've got a lot more desire and determination to counteract all of that....

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/1lzmP8Q6N0KKtCZp2[/img]

Not just the roadside Pauly Mac's BBQ stand anymore, a brick and mortar building conveniently located on a golf course and surrounded by 4 lakes within 5 minutes drive to each. Yep, I'm taking over a clubhouse that has an average of 15-20k rounds of golf played each year..... Now open to the public, also putting in a pier for dockside delivery to access the 3 adjoining lakes....

The birth of Pauly Mac's at Four Lakes
[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/kNQZKT4nPKQwisD12[/img]

Will be opening for Dinners only Feb 5, 2018 thru April 1st will be an Easter Brunch..... Then we start the Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner 7am-7pm Sunday - Wednesday and 7am-9pm Thursday, Friday, Saturday....
Food theme is grilled or smoked meats, fresh never frozen locally raised... Beef, Chicken, and of course Pork.... 😉

As usual things never go as smooth as you like.... Go figure.
I'm currently dealing with getting back the land I sold on land contract to give us a good financial cushion while on this endeavor so I didn't have to cash in my 401k.... it's a long story so I'll just link one of the many articles....

http://fox17online.com/2017/08/05/v...over-stolen-trailers-mowers-other-items/

Well I get my property back at the end of March and they get out of prison in 2028 for the almost 500k of stolen merchandise they had....

So I'll be selling a few of my possessions in the free classifieds priceless and be taking the best offer that comes in...... I'll link them in this post so y'all know why it's being sold..... We do have Instagram and a Facebook sight (that we just set up) set up for advertising.....
pauly_macs_at_four_lakes (instagram) Pauly Mac's at Four Lakes (facebook)

An Upfront Thanks to all the Encouragers, and may the Naysayers bite their tounges!

Take Care,
Pauly Mac 😉

A guy in my small town opened a BBQ joint. He has all kinds of awards from BBQ cook offs from around the world. Food was awesome and it was packed for lunch and dinner every night. Then the portions started getting smaller. Then a little bit smaller. Then his crowds started getting smaller. In fact everyone I knew quit going cause the place was a touch on the pricey side and you were leaving not full. He got lucky and another guy bought him out and pumped the portions back up. U cant get a table in the place without waiting for dinner time. Its still busy going on 6 or 7 years now and they opened a second location in another town last year.

Last edited by k20350; 12/31/18.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Mistake, huge mistake. Restaurant business is littered with losers.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1234, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,531
Posts18,491,186
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.