Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Or at least for an armed response to Trump...

A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution.

Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said in a newly released video of the March 12 talk in Huntington. “This is where the Second Amendment comes in quite frankly, because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

A listener then blurts out, “What’s the second amendment?”

The left-leaning Democrat says “The second amendment is the right to bear arms.”

The spectators laughed — some nervously. Republicans were not amused.

“This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,” said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin.

The thing is, I wouldn't put it past them. In fact, I expect attempts.

That wee little snippet should land that fellow in a Federal holiday house post-haste.

Trust me when I tell you that absolutely, positively nothing is going to happen to him in any way form or manner.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Meh........sounds like the same schit everybody jumped on Trump for saying about Hillary.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Fact. 30% of the people who voted for Trump are democrats.

Very true. I am a registered Democrat, so are my wife and three adult kids. I've never voted for a Democrat for president, and neither my wife or kids have. We do vote for some in local and state elections. Also there are plenty of pro 2nd amendment Democrats. Any anti 2nd Dem does not get our vote.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings

Very true. I am a registered Democrat, so are my wife and three adult kids. I've never voted for a Democrat for president, and neither my wife or kids have. We do vote for some in local and state elections. Also there are plenty of pro 2nd amendment Democrats. Any anti 2nd Dem does not get our vote.

WTF? Registered democrat? Why on earth?

As to the 30% number, sounds like "alternative facts" to me. For sure the union vote gave Trump the election, but still,....30%?

Where'd you get that number?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can you imagine the outcry from the media if some Republican politician had made the same comment about Obama? shocked

[Linked Image]
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by MadMooner

In most of the south it was almost akin to treason to be a republican until about 50 years ago due to long held memories of the civil war. That all changed when the dems went full bore leftist nutcase with the likes of Johnson etc. Even now there are remnants of those memories where most local officials are Democrats, you couldn’t get elected as a Republican. FWIW, I’m a bit younger and have NEVER voted for a democrat.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution.

Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said in a newly released video of the March 12 talk in Huntington. “This is where the Second Amendment comes in quite frankly, because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

The left-leaning Democrat says “The second amendment is the right to bear arms.”

“This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,” said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin.

That wee little snippet should land that fellow in a Federal holiday house post-haste.

Trust me when I tell you that absolutely, positively nothing is going to happen to him in any way form or manner.

MM

I don't trust you to believe that because I can't and won't, but I absolutely trust you to say that everytime!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If a private citizen had published that, he would have FBI agents and NSA guys up his a$$ so far he would need an enema.

Last edited by 308ragincajun; 03/19/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

As to the 30% number, sounds like "alternative facts" to me. For sure the union vote gave Trump the election, but still,....30%?

Where'd you get that number?

Every time I ever thought about registering Republican they would do something stupid. Like putting up Bobby Jindal or David Vitter. We have had two very honest conservative and pro 2nd amendment Democrat governors (Kathleen Blanco and John Bel Edwards) and some real disasters that were Republican (mainly Jindal). I don't care to hear about Ms. Blanco's failings during hurricane Katrina, because nobody could have done more. She inherited New Orleans that is a 3rd world s---hole and declared a state of emergency when the storm was 3 days away. If looters want to ignore a mandatory evacuation there is nothing anyone can do.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

yup, if it was a republican !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

In most of the south it was almost akin to treason to be a republican until about 50 years ago due to long held memories of the civil war. That all changed when the dems went full bore leftist nutcase with the likes of Johnson etc. Even now there are remnants of those memories where most local officials are Democrats, you couldn’t get elected as a Republican. FWIW, I’m a bit younger and have NEVER voted for a democrat.

That's something that the Yankees don't understand. My part of Kentucky was very pro-Confederate in it's politics, and there was nothing much worse than being labeled a Republican. I was a registered Democrat for many years, and though I voted Republican, I couldn't bear the thought of belonging to same party as Abraham Lincoln did. Eventually, I tired of the way the local Democrats would support the national Democrat candidates, and I changed to the GOP. That may soon change to, as I may go Independent because the Republicans are starting to pizz me off as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The left is steeped in Marxist Bolshevik ideology, the are violent and dangerous. If they disarm the right they will slaughter us like sheep.

These recent mass shooters are all left wing nuts, if a single one was conservative, Republican or an NRA member it would be on the news non stop for months.

The left ALWAYS accuses others of what they are and do!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork
Can you imagine the outcry from the media if some Republican politician had made the same comment about Obama? shocked

They would already be in federal custody.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
A bigger question for the congressman might be what should be done when the federal courts ignore the Constitution. Would be interested in his answer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

270 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 219 Wasp, 34 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,870
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.