Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by hanco
Not again, Florida was beginning to die down.

Right on cue.

They have to keep it fresh on everyone's mind.

MK-ULTRA?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Bombing headlines aren't good for the upcoming gun-grabber March for our Lives.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The one good thing to come from these shootings is that it makes it ridiculously obvious that you cannot count on law enforcement to protect you. The “protect and serve” has always meant the state not the public. If we just gave up a little more of our freedom the police would be able to keep us safe (sarcasm). Just because individuals in law enforcement take it upon themselves to be heroes doesn’t mean that’s what they’re there for.

Bingo.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Borchardt
The antis are not working to directly disarm us,

Not sure what planet you are on.

But they have been trying to disarm us since the War Between the States.

And getting progressively more blatant about it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Borchardt
The antis are not working to directly disarm us, they can wait us out, we're old or getting old, it's our children and grandchildren's generation they are after. If Facebook tells them guns are bad, they will believe it, and all the stuff you handed down or gave them will go o the scrap yard.

I’m afraid this is closer to the truth than most will admit. The downfall of the 2nd Amendment is movies, television, and especially the so-called social media. It’s the new educational tool that moves minds!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Götterdämmerung

Right around the corner. It's a'comin'!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

We should be concentrating our efforts on this kind of program.

I didn't know that this existed until I read this months American Hunter magazine. The NRA has developed a program to train school personnel on how to improve school security and do a better job of protecting our children in schools. They taught the course the first time in 2015 and since then have provided it in several states.

www.nationalschoolshield.org

I'm going to go to the next local school board meeting and suggest that they request the NRA to provide the training for some of our school employees. Most local school districts in our area have some kind of security personnel. They seem like good potential candidates to take the initial round of training. Maybe some school administrators should attend also so they can get a better idea of how to protect children in schools from potential threats.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks for posting this. I'll approach our school district also.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Last week I made a silly speculation that we would likely see something significant within 10 days in order to draw the media attention away from DC and the criminal behavior on display. I'm really sorry to say that an event like this does not surprise me.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Shouldn't this one be used by the "arm the staff" supporters? The school resource officer shot the kid before he did more damage. When you can't stop the shooting from starting (which you really can't) you need to support fast ways to stop it.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sounds like a "good guy" with a gun stopped the mayhem:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-fire-md-high-school-shooter-end-threat/

Breitbart News reported news of the shooting and indicated that St. Mary’s County Sheriff Office was on scene and FBI and ATF agents were en route.

Injuries are reported as three, including the shooter.

ABC 7’s Brad Bell tweeted:

#BREAKING confirmed with sources at #greatmillsshooting : 3 students injured. 1 is the shooter. A school resource officer was on duty and took action to end threat. No final word on conditions.

— Brad Bell (@ABC7Brad) March 20, 2018

NBC’s Christina Ginn tweeted:

BREAKING: School resource officer exchanged gunfire with shooter at MD school shooting. #GreatMillsHighSchool Live coverage on @MSNBC. @NBCNews

— Christina Ginn (@NBChristinaGinn) March 20, 2018

WTOP reports that the shooting began with a single shot fired at “a girl in the hallway” at the start of the school day at Great Mills High. It is unclear how many more shots were fired as “students and staff” alerted the resource officer. That officer then moved to engage the shooter, ending the threat.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I hate the thought of uttering the phrase "we should use this shooting to our advantage". Having said that, we (2A supporters) should. Assuming what has been said in this thread is true, I submit the following.
1. MD is a strong "gun control" state.
2. The laws didn't stop this shooter.
3. A man with a gun stopped this shooter.
4. An armed security officer in the school, as we propose, stopped the shooter.
5. More armed security in schools will stop more shooters sooner than awaiting the arrival of more people with more guns.
6. Painful as it is, the armed person in the school stopped the killings at 2 (as far as we know right now) rather than letting it get to 17 (as in FL) or more.
We need to articulate the success of what was in place.

Last edited by Mad_Max; 03/20/18.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
a man with a gun stopped a shooter before it became a mass killing.

that is the story here.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by ltppowell
$20 says it's the cops fault before the day is out.

And if the "Cop" was driving around in circles with a golf cart....you would indeed be right....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
a man with a gun stopped a shooter before it became a mass killing.

that is the story here.

Yep.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Redneck
Sounds like a "good guy" with a gun stopped the mayhem:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-fire-md-high-school-shooter-end-threat/

Breitbart News reported news of the shooting and indicated that St. Mary’s County Sheriff Office was on scene and FBI and ATF agents were en route.

Injuries are reported as three, including the shooter.

ABC 7’s Brad Bell tweeted:

#BREAKING confirmed with sources at #greatmillsshooting : 3 students injured. 1 is the shooter. A school resource officer was on duty and took action to end threat. No final word on conditions.

— Brad Bell (@ABC7Brad) March 20, 2018

NBC’s Christina Ginn tweeted:

BREAKING: School resource officer exchanged gunfire with shooter at MD school shooting. #GreatMillsHighSchool Live coverage on @MSNBC. @NBCNews

— Christina Ginn (@NBChristinaGinn) March 20, 2018

WTOP reports that the shooting began with a single shot fired at “a girl in the hallway” at the start of the school day at Great Mills High. It is unclear how many more shots were fired as “students and staff” alerted the resource officer. That officer then moved to engage the shooter, ending the threat.

What jurisdiction does ATF have in this case?

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
$20 says it's the cops fault before the day is out.

You waiting on Gene?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
No shooting is good, but I see 2 lessons learned from this shooting is that schools need metal detectors, and that armed resource officers are a good thing.

No way to stop ALL these type events, but the public view, as pushed by the media coverage, is that the only way to "protect our kids" is complete removal of all guns.

"Rep. Steny Hoyer, the Democrat who represents the area, said he was sickened to hear the news about the shooting and advocated for universal background checks for weapons.

"Background checks just make common sense to make sure people can and will use a weapon thoughtfully and not dangerously," he told News4."

Proves how stupid they are, how the "F" would background checks remove the gun from this student? I doubt he is 21, and also assume the statement that he pulled out a gun indicates a handgun was used, but might be poor media coverage also.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mad_Max
I hate the thought of uttering the phrase "we should use this shooting to our advantage". Having said that, we (2A supporters) should. Assuming what has been said in this thread is true, I submit the following.
1. MD is a strong "gun control" state.
2. The laws didn't stop this shooter.
3. A man with a gun stopped this shooter.
4. An armed security officer in the school, as we propose, stopped the shooter.
5. More armed security in schools will stop more shooters sooner than awaiting the arrival of more people with more guns.
6. Painful as it is, the armed person in the school stopped the killings at 2 (as far as we know right now) rather than letting it get to 17 (as in FL) or more.
We need to articulate the success of what was in place.

You are correct. However the anti's will say that if guns were banned these incidents wouldn't occur, period.
We have a deeper issue that the anti's don't want to address, the violence and propensity of people, especially the younger individuals, who want to commit these acts of violence and murder.

NRA Patron Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
these school shootings just might be another theory ? conspiracy lead by some maybe political party ? things are just strange how its happening ? why is it a young male shooter most of the time that has problems ? is someone coaching these young shooters ? where are they getting the cash and knowledge on their school shooting set-ups ? its time for armed guards at all schools public and private and for now get the national guard at these schools and figure out what needs to be done to make all schools safe ! and take care of these problem kids before something happens !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

165 members (1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 6mmCreedmoor, 16 invisible), 1,597 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.