Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mine are easy, Frogmore Louisana-- 1975 They had one quick stop shop, which was a shed where a one eyed girl (and it twitched) sold 3 items. Camel Cigarettes, the small bottles of coca-cola and Budweiser. And a screened in pavilion, we rented the pavilion for $100 a month, during the day we walked down the Mississippi River and held a rope while a boat charted the river channel. That's the summer I learned to love water.

Lafe, Arkansas--I have a farm there, my wife's family. To this day, they are on a party phone line--4 houses are served, each a different family. My ring is 2 clicks, we love it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fuzzytail
Working in gulf of Mexico in mid 70's and docking navigational survey boat in Fourchon LA! Nothing but a bar that was a old Shrimp boat and fuel. Mid 70's

You would not believe Fourchon today. It's a major energy hub.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Darwin, Austrailia

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
San Fran Sis Co.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

had lunch here the other day..........

had to bring my own sandwich.......

no lines......no traffic..........or people.......... grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tikkanut,
You need to quit posting these pic's.

You just might find me moving in next door, and there goes the neighborhood, well at least for a few months of the year.,,,, smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jail for 18 hours before all charges were dismissed...Jail is beyond suckville! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In 1959, 4 other young airmen and myself, nobody over the age of 19, got to having too much fun in a cantina one night, wound up spending two nights and two days as a guest of the mayor of Juarez, Mexico. Maybe it wasnt what you would call a backwater, but it sure seemed like it at the time. grin

Last edited by jnyork; 03/20/18.

[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
What everyone has told me about Fourchon. It was one canal through marsh and two docks in the day. We docked and fueled and got groceries and water and supplies. Drank a lot of beer in that bar. Saw first stabbing there. Rig worker came in and stayed two days at bar till wife came looking and oh well stabbed him in argurment.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
My grandpa was a farmer in Mabel MN and was friends with some Amish people there.
A couple times I would go with him when he went to pick something up at one of their farms.
They live in their own world.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dunno - maybe the hamlet of Dahu, on the island of Hainan.

A friend's grandmother still lived up there, she couldn't stand the city. It was up in the mountains, so no nearby rice paddies, but it was a purely agricultural area. In the nearby town of Wupozhen, there was a betel nut warehouse? Processing plant?. So there were quite a few of the betel palms in the area, as well as latex rubber trees. It did have electricity though, but it hadn't been long. It didn't feel like a chithole though. Things were pretty well kept up, though looking at the home construction and the fields, it could have been 200 years ago.

Here in California, there's the scenic burg of Iowa Hill. It's maybe 5 miles or so as the crow flies off of Interstate 80. When I first checked it out, there was no telephone or electricity service. They have phone now, piggybacked off of a wifi signal they get from Foresthill, but still no power from the outside. It's either solar or generator..

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Utley, Texas

The Mayor

[Linked Image]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Mayor drinks good beer at least, snappy dresser too.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
That's the look he gives speeders that the constable brings into "court" when he says, "Maybe we can make an arrangement so that you don't have to pay the fine....."

RS

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Steve
Binga Zimbabwe

That will work too. Last fall in Matetse.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by 79S
Afghanistan driving through KG pass will give one a real appreciation for good ol America..

The team we relieved in Afghanistan got hit on their way up to do the changeover with us while going through the KG pass. At the time only one guy on our team had been shot at before so we were a little puckered up heading to Khost/Khowst and going through the pass. Didn't get hit, but it was interesting to say the least, that is some rough country.

Another team from my company had a pretty good scrap up there near the end of our rotation.

I was there from feb 2009 to feb 2010 with 1-40 cav.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nuevo laredo,mexico,gretna, la. malcom x blvd,brooklyn,ny

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Originally Posted by gunner500
Borneo, in a grass thatched hut dining with the village Chieftain and his harem of at least a dozen 'Big Lovelies" sick

That whole place smelled like piss and blood, not to mention that barrel of fermenting rice beer in the corner.

How about needing tree houses or a boat to sleep on because of tigers, 70's era Java. There's a noise that makes you think about leaving the tree house to pee at night.

Can't you just go over the side?

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Utley, Texas

The Mayor

[Linked Image]

UTLEY, TEXAS. Utley, seven miles northwest of Bastrop in western Bastrop County, was established in the early 1850s by James Harvey Wilbarger as the site of his commissary and trading post for plantations in the area. It was named for Wilbarger's wife, whose maiden name was Utley. In 1892 a post office was established, and four years later the community had two general stores. In 1914 Utley had a population of twenty-five and a general store. The post office was discontinued in 1922 but reestablished in 1923. In the 1930s Utley had a school for Hispanic children. From the 1930s into the 1940s the population was listed at 250. It dipped to thirty in the late 1940s, and estimates remained at this number through 1990, except for a brief rise to fifty in the late 1960s.

By 2000 the population had returned to fifty.

Lot's of constituent's there Bob..

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Jeff!

One old store is still there on the old Barton place! It was closed way back in late 50's. Front arra of old store was used in that John Revolta movie "Michael" as the Milk Bottle Motel! LOL!

Also old metal truss bridge over Wilbarger creek 1/2 mile from the house here, was used in Chase scene in Costner's "Perfect World".

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Montgomery County TN

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (160user, 16penny, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,569 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,504
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.