Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by blairvt
Where did you find her? Mine wants a divorce as quick as possible after 5 years. Tough pill to swallow.

I’m sorry to hear that, very sorry.

I asked God for mine. She is a Proverbs 31 woman. 34 years. Don’t know what I would do without her.
So is mine, coming up on 44 years in July.

Last edited by Spud; 03/21/18.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
make sure she can cook :

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also consider if you have Scriptural authority to re-marry . . .

Mt 5:

31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Had just got out of the Army driving around my home town there she was walking down the street. 29 years later she is still here. After volunteering a tour in Irag and 25 years as a LEO, lord knows she has been through a lot. I retired 4 years ago and now she is making 6 figures, and she has no problem with me screwing off.

Don't gobble at me
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
try amazon.com :

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you want one with a good job...

www.lumberjacksonly.com

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I found her in college. Go back to school... 25 years in June

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Met mine in a hay mow ......

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Also consider if you have Scriptural authority to re-marry . . .

Mt 5:

31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Another reason to stay clear of church women!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Think there is a lot of luck in finding a mate. Common background is a good foundation.
Giving each other space, being kind and lots of communication go a long way.

NRA Patron
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This will help...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Met mine at a nightclub. Been together for 45 years.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I met my wife of 27 years in a lounge attached to a fancy restaurant, neither of us drinking alcohol. She was there with a girlfriend and I was there for my birthday. I'd just come off a 21 day stint on a forest fire and wanted a steak and to listen to some country music and dance a little. All my friends were scattered to various fires throughout the northwest so I celebrated my birthday by myself. She didn't drink but liked to dance and after we danced a couple times I joined them at their table. Her girlfriend kept telling her to get my number. We exchanged numbers and I was going to call her on Wednesday. She called me on Tuesday. Really surprised me. We went out to dinner the following Friday night and have been together ever since.

We found we had similar likes, and both came from farming/country backgrounds. She likes to can and put up jams and jellies and grow gardens. I won her heart for good when I brought her a couple quarts of blackberries. I was doing a fish habitat enhancement project for the FS at the time and there were lots of nice berries close to the site. She swooned over the berries and cried because no one had ever picked berries for her before.

She likes to hunt and fish and didn't seem phased at all that I worked seasonally at the time and trapped professionally all winter. In fact I was almost overwhelmed with a huge catch of coyotes one day early in that first season together and she offered to help me skin. I proposed right there. I figured this one is a keeper. I was right. During a monumental lapse in judgement, she said yes.

Her faith was a big part of my coming to Christ. We have grown together in our faith and are still as happy today as we were when we were first married. The infatuation never wore off. I thank God often for blessing me with a way better woman than I deserved.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Referral.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
My first wife,I was married to for ten years.It just didn't take. My wife now, I don't deserve her. Been married 42 years. To tell how good she is.I had shoulder surgery in December and she has been slinging hay and shoveling manure for my two mules since then, plus taking care of me,the house and as my taxi driver. I took over for a week,but my implant dislocated and I'm back in a sling for 3 more weeks. Those kinds are hard to d find.I met her where I worked

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I first saw her as a high school freshman, I was a junior. She had on the cutest little pair of ditto jeans you ever saw. I knew her older brother and liked her family. We went through HS and got close a couple times but didn't square off until way later after high school. It will be 34 years in June. She is all in for all my shenanigans.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I was her mother's UPS driver.............................. blush

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Don't look for it, it will happen and when it does you'll know with out any doubt.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Pray, and never stop praying.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by blairvt
Where did you find her? Mine wants a divorce as quick as possible after 5 years. Tough pill to swallow.

I don't know how a guy goes about looking for a wife. Glad I didn't, because when I go looking for something (truck, gun, whatever) I buy on impulse. Sometimes in pans out, often it doesn't. Patience is not a virtue I have much of. Had I looked for a wife I'd probably be divorced many times over. 19 years ago I was just looking to sow oats. Settling down and wife weren't off the table, but certainly not what I was looking for. Low and behold, I fell head over heels first day I met my wife, been together basically ever since. It was her first day of college, my first day of year 3 in an equine based major at a tech school. It ain't always been easy, but I'm still here and so is she. Wish I appreciated her as much then as I do now, I took a lot of liberties and her for granted early on. Now it's her turn, lol. wink We always put the kids first, and that meant us getting over whatever bump in the road we encountered, because giving them a safe, loving, stable home with mom and dad was our #1 priority. Whether it was the right thing to do or not, only time will tell. I can't speak for her, but as far as I know we're still good. We're not church goers, but we came from similar backgrounds and had the same values and ethics. Wasn't sure whether to post or not. I don't take advice on my kids, or my marriage, and I try to refrain from giving it. But hell, you asked.

If this one flies the coop, I'm saving my pennies for a russian bride.

MAGA
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 1936M71, 2ndwind, 12344mag, 49 invisible), 1,697 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,042
Posts18,521,112
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.