-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to not take the Glock...........it's a proven commodity, has scads for AM parts available & fits the hand pretty well with finger groove mag extensions added.

I carry a G-27 (same as G-26 but in 40 instead of 9mm) about as much as anything else & it's an easy carry.

MM

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

never understood why that was such a compliment. a double action revolver trigger is the most difficult I know of to shoot well. You have no idea when the trigger is going to break it just keeps getting heavier. I was doing a 3d 270 degree simulator, they present different situations to you. one was a guy who had a hostage with a knife to her throat. I was using their glock 19, which is a real gun but with the barrel removed and electronic stuff replacing it. I have shot glock enough that when the guy was waving his hand around, and moving around with the girl as he was yelling. I had my gun pointed and the first stage of the trigger taken up against the wall of the second stage. as soon as his head cleared the girls I squeeze off a round right to the head of the perp. you are NOT doing that with a double action revolver. no way no how.

Actually, once you've got the double action revolver trigger working for you right, the fact that you don't know when it's going to break is an advantage, not a drawback. Knowing the exact point of break leaves you more prone to flinching just before the break.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by mrfudd
I have owned several Glocks (still have a 19) but never really cared for them. I prefer shooting 1911s. I was carrying a Kimber CDP until I tried the Sig M11. The Sig SRT feels perfect to me. I would like to try the 320 and 365, but don’t see how they could be better than the M11.

I own a 228, 320, and 365. I have shot a few different M11’s(228) with the SRT, and I would agree with you that it is just about perfect.I think the 320, at least for me, has a slight advantage and just a slight advantage nothing dramatic nothing extreme. The 365 ‘s trigger for me is the same as the 320, at least I haven’t noticed that much of a difference if any yet, mind you only 300 rounds out of the 365. If you have the opportunity to shoot the 320 I think you will enjoy the trigger. But my personal experience, there is nothing like a 1911 trigger done by a competent smith.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by dla
Move on - you're too stupid.

There are several truism's in life that continue to resonate despite the autonomy that the internet has given small men. The first is that someone that has nothing more to give than to personally attack another man when discussing a technical, religious, or political issue is simply out of intellectual ammunition. The second is that those that practice this trait would not have the courage to do it in person.

You're simply too stupid. Fact. Move on.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by dla
Move on - you're too stupid.

There are several truism's in life that continue to resonate despite the autonomy that the internet has given small men. The first is that someone that has nothing more to give than to personally attack another man when discussing a technical, religious, or political issue is simply out of intellectual ammunition. The second is that those that practice this trait would not have the courage to do it in person.

You're simply too stupid. Fact. Move on.

Jimmy,this idiot goes on ignore. He thought I was stupid too for not bowing down to the superior Keltec. At least I'm in good company,what a looser.

IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

never understood why that was such a compliment. a double action revolver trigger is the most difficult I know of to shoot well. You have no idea when the trigger is going to break it just keeps getting heavier. I was doing a 3d 270 degree simulator, they present different situations to you. one was a guy who had a hostage with a knife to her throat. I was using their glock 19, which is a real gun but with the barrel removed and electronic stuff replacing it. I have shot glock enough that when the guy was waving his hand around, and moving around with the girl as he was yelling. I had my gun pointed and the first stage of the trigger taken up against the wall of the second stage. as soon as his head cleared the girls I squeeze off a round right to the head of the perp. you are NOT doing that with a double action revolver. no way no how.

Actually, once you've got the double action revolver trigger working for you right, the fact that you don't know when it's going to break is an advantage, not a drawback. Knowing the exact point of break leaves you more prone to flinching just before the break.

How is it that Glock guys have the wherewithal to stage a trigger during a "hostage with a knife to her throat" situation yet they're stymied by a thumb safety while dry firing at the TV? smirk

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I get it, and thank you.

I shot the P365 another 50 times yesterday at swinging bowling pins at 25 yards. Two of my friends shot it 30 times more. I was able to hit the bowling pins with fair consistency missing every 3rd shot or so, not an easy task when they start moving. The gun fired every time, no problems, with 115 grain Sellier and Bellot ammo, and WW white box 115 grain. I tried one of my glock 19's with a lighting strike titanium striker and a LS aluminum trigger and could not hit as well with it, probably me because I have gotten used to the Sig trigger.

I am by no means a sig fan boy and have called out a lot of their quality problems and have a bunch of glocks. At this point I am thinking about buying a cooks holster and the 12 round magazine for the gun and keeping it. Another few hundred rounds and I will be sure. The trigger and sights are better than any glock I have. It may need cleaning more, I have gen 2 model 19's I just don't clean, this gun seems to be a little tighter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a G26, carried it for several years. Too big to slip in your jeans pocket and not be noticeable. Also, though it shot good, I could never quite get used to the way it felt so blocky. Sold it, bought a G19 for carrying on a belt holster when I can cover it up, and bought a small 380 to slip in my jeans pocket when I need to go that route.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I had a G26, carried it for several years. Too big to slip in your jeans pocket and not be noticeable. Also, though it shot good, I could never quite get used to the way it felt so blocky. Sold it, bought a G19 for carrying on a belt holster when I can cover it up, and bought a small 380 to slip in my jeans pocket when I need to go that route.

Much better solution.

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'd bet it's easier for a Kahr owner to shoot a Glock, than a long-time Glock owner to get used to a Kahr.

How well do you 380 owners feel about the effectiveness of the round, vs say a 9 ? I know there is one or two "Choice 380 loads' that seem to be a home run with that round.

Well it seems the Sig 365 needs to stand up to the test of time to get more confidence, and it's completely understandable, given what's at stake.

It is a shame the 1st production are not "Proven" - didn't the former Kimber CEO take over at Sig?

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by 65BR
How well do you 380 owners feel about the effectiveness of the round, vs say a 9 ?

Despite people's personal arguments and preferences, it is, simply put, not as effective as 9mm and more effective than the next step(s) down.

Well it seems the Sig 365 needs to stand up to the test of time to get more confidence, and it's completely understandable, given what's at stake.

It is a shame the 1st production are not "Proven"

The test of time boils down, in my opinion, to putting enough rounds through one's personal sample of one. If it is flawless after your own chosen "x" number of rounds, use it. I, for one, intend to get one as it appears to be AN ideal concealed carry option. Notice I said "AN" and not "THE".

Last edited by Mad_Max; 03/27/18.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pick whatever one feels the best to you and go from there...That said, I wouldn't go anywhere without a G19

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Finally handled a P-365 with 10 rnd mag at LGS today. Favorably impressed with trigger, sights, size, and ergonomics. The higher cap with equivalent dimensions and thickness would tip me over to favor the P-365 over the Shield or the G-43. There's a waiting list at this LGS about 8 deep so far.

I wouldn't feel unarmed with either the 10+1 or 12+1 P-365 configuration and effective ammo.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'd bet it's easier for a Kahr owner to shoot a Glock, than a long-time Glock owner to get used to a Kahr.

How well do you 380 owners feel about the effectiveness of the round, vs say a 9 ? I know there is one or two "Choice 380 loads' that seem to be a home run with that round.

It is a shame the 1st production are not "Proven" - didn't the former Kimber CEO take over at Sig?

Interesting review,
https://youtu.be/GNtPHYwcDts

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
After 20 years of CCW I've settled on the G19 as the best size pistol that I can shoot well. I can conceal a 43 or a Kahr P-380 a lot better but I can't shoot them as well. I shoot my G-36 possibly better than the G-19 but prefer the extra firepower of the 19.

I've pretty much given up on smaller pistols,not because of capacity but because of shoot-ability in my hands. I'll only carry one when I absolutely have to dress in such a way that I can't carry the larger pistol.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Winchestermodel70
...review of the SIG 365 in this month's American Rifleman...is far from complimentary...

Simply not true. Read it again.

Also check out this review. Scroll down and also view the video.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/p3...gn=/blog/p365-sigs-wonder-weapon-review/

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The SIG is more accurate for me than my shield or G43. My gun is now 13 rounds and hardly bigger than it was at 11. I am not 100% sold yet but getting there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Put 110 rounds out of my P365. 100 rounds 124 gr fmj Speer, 10 rounds 115 gr fmj, keystone munitions, no failures, this puts me just over 400 rounds through the pistol. I have to consciously keep my thumb away from the slide lock lever. If my thumb bumps the lever on the last round, the slide will not lock back. Had to change my grip slightly for this particular pistol, not a big deal.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BamBam
Put 110 rounds out of my P365. 100 rounds 124 gr fmj Speer, 10 rounds 115 gr fmj, keystone munitions, no failures, this puts me just over 400 rounds through the pistol. I have to consciously keep my thumb away from the slide lock lever. If my thumb bumps the lever on the last round, the slide will not lock back. Had to change my grip slightly for this particular pistol, not a big deal.

If the worst problem you have is failure to lock back after the last round, you're good to go.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
another 100 rounds using the just acquired 12 round magazine. No issues, gun works fine. Fired it at 25 yards only today with WW 115 grain white box ammo. The image is rotated 90 degree''s the majority of the hits were higher than the bull, one low I have no idea why. This is about average for 25 yards.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 160user, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,652
Posts18,474,627
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.