Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I grew up around good looking women of good character, so like a dumbarse thought all women were like that.

IMHO peace of mind is better than piece of azz.

Just look at gals now, judge them "yes" or "no" and leave it at that.
Not worth the risk, time or effort (or cost)

Last edited by hookeye; 03/23/18.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by hookeye
I grew up around good looking women of good character, so like a dumbarse thought all women were like that.

That was my downfall too, I expected all women to be like the women in my family. Boy did that turn out to be wrong!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Wouldn't know Hookeye, I got full custody of the kid, she got her bible and the washing machine. Only thing I know is what the boy tells me from his rare visits to her.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by persiandog
find yourself a good Asian woman.

that's about 15 years younger than you

FIL married a Chinese woman that was a nurse about 20 years younger than him.

Woman waited on him hand and foot, and when he retired she was pulling in about $70K a year

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never marry a woman you have not known for AT LEAST a year. Spend time with, observe. Learn how she is, how she acts, how she responds, how she spends her money, how she treats others, what she does with her time, etc. Then you are much less likely to make a mistake. She should be doing the same with you.

A good woman is the best gift you'll ever get. A bad is the worst hell you'll ever see on this earth.

Mine's a good one.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Emphasis on "good".

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by gunner500

I said, if you'll give her my phone number, I'll handle the rest! smile I showed up two weeks later on my Hog and took her out for fajitas, cold beer, and a three hour ride to nowhere and back, and so it was to be, I'm a dead lucky non-deserving sack of chit, but I'll take it.

Hope you can find a good one too.

You and me both brother. It took me til the second time to get it right but I damn sure did.

I know, and strongly suspect you'd agree, we'd both be pure dog chit without 'em. smile

Trump Won!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Emphasis on "good".

wink

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
Some people think someone else is supposed to make them happy. Only you can make yourself happy. Your spouse is never going to be perfect, you aren’t! Some people expect too much!

Lot of truth in them there words hanco. Especially the perfect part. After an argument I try to be the first to offer the peace pipe but I sure ain't perfect.

Originally Posted by JSTUART
I do...I leave my good wife to have some peace and quite.

+1 My wife packs me up and says it's time to go hunting, fishing, scouting, whatever, just go I need some alone time. I'm always glad to oblige her. Been married for 33 years (2nd). One time when the kids were in grade school she told me about a woman who was picking up her kids and was ranting about her husband being gone hunting for the week. She told her that she couldn't wait to get me out of the house for a week so she could just go shopping.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by hanco
Some people think someone else is supposed to make them happy. Only you can make yourself happy. Your spouse is never going to be perfect, you aren’t! Some people expect too much!

Lot of truth in them there words hanco. Especially the perfect part. After an argument I try to be the first to offer the peace pipe but I sure ain't perfect.

Originally Posted by JSTUART
I do...I leave my good wife to have some peace and quite.

+1 My wife packs me up and says it's time to go hunting, fishing, scouting, whatever, just go I need some alone time. I'm always glad to oblige her. Been married for 33 years (2nd). One time when the kids were in grade school she told me about a woman who was picking up her kids and was ranting about her husband being gone hunting for the week. She told her that she couldn't wait to get me out of the house for a week so she could just go shopping.

Very smart woman your wife.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Emphasis on "good".

In PDog's world, one that is also "good" at reloading rifle cartridges would be an asset for him.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Mine loads her own 9mm. She likes that. I have to resize, have them ready to load, but she does the rest.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Never marry a woman you have not known for AT LEAST a year. Spend time with, observe. Learn how she is, how she acts, how she responds, how she spends her money, how she treats others, what she does with her time, etc. Then you are much less likely to make a mistake. She should be doing the same with you.

A good woman is the best gift you'll ever get. A bad is the worst hell you'll ever see on this earth.

Mine's a good one.

You should be able to tell if you’ve got a good one in a hell of a lot less time, a year is stretching it.imho

If you see any jealousy, possessiveness or outbursts of any kind that should be evident early. If you still ain’t sure after 12 months of exclusive dating then you’ll never be sure.

My high school sweetheart was the marrying kind and the sweetest, most gentle disposition but we were too young and I was too stupid. I never thought I’d meet another one like her until years later when my wife appeared and I knew by the way she carried herself and her demeanor that I was going to marry her and I didn’t want to waste any time making sure this one didn’t get away. We were married 8 months later and 20 years later I still try to treat her like we’re dating.

I’ve seen so many long engagements end in divorce. My daughter went with a friend to Omaha this past summer for a wedding for a couple that dated for 5 years and after all the costs and troubles they divorced 6 months later.lolol

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I met my wife at a rifle range. She was working the desk. We've celebrated our 25th anniversary and are looking forward to a nice trip to celebrate our 30th. Politics is the only thing we disagree on. She's a yellow dog democrat, and obviously I'm not. Makes for some interesting fodder around the supper table. Marriage is hard work. Don't let anyone ever tell you it's not. Respect for each other is essential. If it's not there from the start and throughout, the marriage is destined to fail.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I met my 1st wife in college. After 33 years, I lost her to cancer. After that, I went on a binge of projectitis just out of loneliness. I tore out all the old carpets and laid new flooring, I repainted the house, etc. I finally started looking around and couldn't see any eligible women near my age who interested me. There were a number of widows in my church but none that grabbed me at all so I tried a Christian dating site, Christian Cafe in my case. Less than 2 hours after I posted my profile, I got a response from someone who caught my eye. We've been married for 9 years now.

About those dating sites...Christian or not, there are some real lemons on them. I got lots of responses from the Philippines from women who had carefully tailored their profiles to match mine, obviously who were looking for a free ride to the states. I went out with several who responded. They were really nice ladies but none sparked my interest. 2 of them had had encountered scammers on the site, wanting immediate sex and money. You have to be careful about those on any online site. I read something about how many married people hit those sites hoping for an easy score. There are LOTS of them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone

I said, if you'll give her my phone number, I'll handle the rest! smile I showed up two weeks later on my Hog and took her out for fajitas, cold beer, and a three hour ride to nowhere and back, and so it was to be, I'm a dead lucky non-deserving sack of chit, but I'll take it.

Hope you can find a good one too.

You and me both brother. It took me til the second time to get it right but I damn sure did.

I know, and strongly suspect you'd agree, we'd both be pure dog chit without 'em. smile

Yep!

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
. Respect for each other is essential. If it's not there from the start and throughout, the marriage is destined to fail.

If you don't have that, you don't have anything.

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by gophergunner
I met my wife at a rifle range. She was working the desk. We've celebrated our 25th anniversary and are looking forward to a nice trip to celebrate our 30th. Politics is the only thing we disagree on. She's a yellow dog democrat, and obviously I'm not. Makes for some interesting fodder around the supper table. Marriage is hard work. Don't let anyone ever tell you it's not. Respect for each other is essential. If it's not there from the start and throughout, the marriage is destined to fail.

I had an uncle and aunt like that. Farm family, uncle was a die-hard Republican aunt was a equally as die-hard Democrat. Dad lived with them some and helped out on their farm back in his early - mid teen years. He said they would get into some pretty heated arguments over politics sometimes and got worse and more frequent the closer it got to an election. One thing that was a real sore spot to both was the other figuratively 'cancelling' out their vote.

Dad said she didn't drive so she had to depend on him to drive her anywhere she wanted or needed to go.

One especially heated election year uncle sneaked off by himself and drove to the little nearby town without telling aunt he was leaving and voted. When uncle got home he couldn't resist rubbing it in that he had already gone to town and voted and that she wouldn't be canceling his R vote with her D vote this time.

Aunt told him he was DEAD wrong and said 'watch me'. She quickly put on her going to town dress, hat, and shoes, grabbed her purse and the family car keys, hopped in their old straight shift sedan and drove it buck jumping and riding the clutch zigzag up the dirt road all of the way in low gear to town and voted

They raised six of their own kids, helped raise at least a couple more and stayed married until he passed. Aunt never remarried.
Of their six kids three turned out to be die-hard republicans the other three are die-hard democrats. laugh

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,492,022
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.