Print Thread
Hop To
D
Dan_H Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
The gun dept. manager of the local Sportsmans warehouse told me that Tikka Ctr will be making a left hand version in the near future. Any one else hear this?

Last edited by Dan_H; 03/23/18.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No but I'd sure be interested in one.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Many models are made in left hand, but Beretta doesn't care, so we never see them

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by KenMi
Many models are made in left hand, but Beretta doesn't care, so we never see them

Unfortunately ... THIS ^^^^^

Per the Finnish OEM web pages, Tikka produces several variants in Left Hand that are not offered in the U.S.A. I understand the "cost/benefit" side of adding new SKU's, etc. However, Beretta is not even interested in "Paid Ahead. I'll wait for it." type transactions to bring in the less common variants. Apparently no South Paws at Beretta...

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The largest challenge for left-hand shooters in obtaining new rifle caliber options is basically the distribution network used in the US. Beretta and many others sell their products through firearms distributors along with a few "volume" independent dealers such as Buds Gun Shop and fortunately for us here on the campfire Whittaker's.

Gun distributors do not like to inventory "Lefty guns" as the turn over of the gun inventory is very slow for lefty guns and in most cases the guns in up a "closeouts" as reduced prices. Most independent gun dealers have the same challenge, carrying inventory for left shooters in most cases results in inventory that does not sell as compared to having the inventory of guns that do sell. The independent gun dealer would rather have their distributors to inventory the lefty guns just by chance they have a customer once a year needing a specific model. Again the firearms distributor is forced to carry inventory on a slow turn and a "MAYBE" sale.

Beretta is not going to import lefty rifles the distributors don't WANT.

What has helped in the last several years are large gun dealers having special runs produced from the manufacturer's for us lefty's. A perfect example is the Ruger RAR Predator n 6,5 Creed. This is likely the best alternative for lefty's acquiring new chambering's in the future.

I would like to see a Ruger left-hand predator in 6mm Creed......would Ruger accommodate such a special run? I would hope so but time would tell.

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
As I said, I understand the economics of the situation. Just curious to understand how large of an order would be required, paid in advance, to get Beretta's attention to cover the paper work for lefties ? They are importing shipments on a regular basis. How big of a carrot is required to get their attention ???

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Can’t Short Action juice us an order just like the the LH T3X? Think he only needed 25 pre orders and he got them

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The 6.5 is going to be a regular gun, stocked at all dealers, so that was a different situation. Pretty much just a backorder list.

Heym offered left hand guns, and all were available on a per order basis.
It's all up to the US importer. In this case, Beretta USA

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
BUMP.....can the Short Action guy broker an import for this rifle? If so....is there any others that would be interested?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (300_savage, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 55 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,685
Posts18,534,444
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.