Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mittenman
That other American citizens WANT to give up their natural and 2A rights to arms and to control their own destiny and security. To want to piss away THEIR rights to the government a government that was a complete failure during and leading up to this shooting is something that I can't wrap my head around. To take away our freedom so we can all hope that the government will protect us. I get it when it comes from a savy, power hungry politician but can't understand it for the life of me coming from private citizens.

It is ironic......They want the same folks that fuqked them over to protect them, these kids ain't very smart.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mittenman
That other American citizens WANT to give up their natural and 2A rights to arms and to control their own destiny and security. To want to piss away THEIR rights to the government a government that was a complete failure during and leading up to this shooting is something that I can't wrap my head around. To take away our freedom so we can all hope that the government will protect us. I get it when it comes from a savy, power hungry politician but can't understand it for the life of me coming from private citizens.

Been true since day 1. There were people arguing for a king after the Revolutionary War.

Lemmings. They live among us.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The progressives want a suicide pact........sorry count me out.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Those kids need to be turned over a knee and spanked. If they don't understand that we not only need, but are given the right by God to own and shoot the very same weapons our military uses to prevent a tyrannical government from oppressing us then they can go piss up a rope. The 2nd amend GRANTS us nothing; It merely acknowledges the natural right we have to self-determination and the right to live free, free from the oppression of a government. F U C K I'm pissed.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by ironbender
Abusing their grief for an agenda.

Actually they are being abused during their time of grieving by those with an agenda.........

That too. Almost added that as a PS.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess they've not had much history at that school.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's nothing new there. The kids didn't think that stuff up themselves.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ban Children from participating in politics until they can vote.

Does anyone really care what HS kids think, outside of those that would use them to further their agenda's?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's MY 'manifesto' to the students:

1. Beat their asses until they get over themselves.

2. Repeat as needed.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Feel for my boys 19 & 24 They’re pretty well outnumbered by liberals in their age group. They’re as conservative as they come politically

Hope I can some how some way help get them prepared for what’s coming down the pike in their adult lives

Really just want them to live as free men

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Not asking for much are they.. crazy

funny how all the young nitwits dreamed up all of that, right?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sounds like that if their list of demands were to be implemented as proposed it would be one heck of a major undertaking for what ever agency(ies?) that wind up in charge of making it happen just to prepare to enforce all of it from the official initiation date going forward and nearly if not totally impossible to accomplish with any degree of confidence as to timeliness and accuracy of all firearms transactions prior to implementation date.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes - those kids from that school are being abused as a result of their horrible experience, and yes they are playing the role of useful idiots. Some day some of them will realize the above, and be ashamed. But for the present, as they continue to push their misguided campaign, their idiocy will become more and more useful for thinking folks that act rationally.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

Lets see, 7... they think that just because you are in the military you can't be a kook?

posted this before.

A kook at 18 is all better at 21?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by CCCC
Yes - those kids from that school are being abused as a result of their horrible experience, and yes they are playing the role of useful idiots. Some day some of them will realize the above, and be ashamed. But for the present, as they continue to push their misguided campaign, their idiocy will become more and more useful for thinking folks that act rationally.

I doubt it. see above.

My views at 20 are much the same as they are now. With the exception of abhorrence of shooting an overabundance of wolves from airplanes, once I got out in the real world...

Actually, helicopter "gunships" work so much better.

That's about the only thing I can think of that I have changed my mind on in the 50 years past... smile

Last edited by las; 03/23/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Calhoun
The Guardian gave them an outlet.. here's highlights from their list.

1) Ban semi-automatic weapons that fire high-velocity rounds
Civilians shouldn’t have access to the same weapons that soldiers do. That’s a gross misuse of the second amendment.

2) Ban accessories that simulate automatic weapons
That’s why we believe that bump stocks, high-capacity magazines and similar accessories that simulate the effect of military-grade automatic weapons should be banned.

3) Establish a database of gun sales and universal background checks
We believe that there should be a database recording which guns are sold in the United States, to whom, and of what caliber and capacity they are.
Just as the department of motor vehicles has a database of license plates and car owners, the Department of Defense should have a database of gun serial numbers and gun owners. This data should be paired with infractions of gun laws, past criminal offenses and the status of the gun owner’s mental health and physical capability.

4) Change privacy laws to allow mental healthcare providers to communicate with law enforcement
privacy laws should be amended. That will allow us to prevent people who are a danger to themselves or to others from purchasing firearms.

5) Close gun show and secondhand sales loopholes
Thanks to loopholes, people who otherwise wouldn’t be able to buy firearms are able to purchase them at gun shows and secondhand sales. The existence of these loopholes reflects the ineptitude of state and federal legislators.

6) Allow the CDC to make recommendations for gun reform
The fact that they are currently prohibited from doing so undermines the first amendment. It also violates the rights of the American people.

7) Raise the firearm purchase age to 21
With the exception of those who are serving the United States in the military, the age to obtain any firearm must be raised to 21.

8) Dedicate more funds to mental health research and professionals
Federal and state government should earmark more funds specifically for mental health services.

9) Increase funding for school security
Though this idea has been proposed in the past, these funds should not be appropriated from the already scarce funding for public education. Governments should find resources to secure the millions of children that attend public schools without taking away from the quality of education that is offered at these institutions.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...and-students-manifesto-americas-gun-laws

Does anyone really think this is the work of teenage students...all by themselves, without input from the anti crowd?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They have a petition going as well. I received an email asking for my support and a link. I declined, responded with my own email stating why, and unsubscribed from the site.

Edit:
"

(Xxxxxxxxxx)

My name is Cameron Kasky. I am a student at Stoneman Douglas.

My classmates and I created the #NeverAgain movement as well as March for Our Lives. Politicians are telling us that now is not the time to talk about guns. We believe the time is now.

Students will no longer risk our lives waiting for someone else to take action to stop the epidemic of mass school shootings that has become all too familiar. We support the right of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms, as set forth in the United States Constitution. But with that right comes responsibility.

Sign our petition calling on Congress to pass common sense legislation that will protect and save children from gun violence.

Our elected officials MUST ACT by:

1. Passing a law to ban the sale of assault weapons like the ones used in Las Vegas, Orlando, Sutherland Springs, Aurora, Sandy Hook and, most recently, to kill 17 innocent people and injure more than a dozen others at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

2. Prohibiting the sale of high-capacity magazines such as the ones the shooter at our school—and so many other recent mass shootings used.

3. Closing the loophole in our background check law that allows dangerous people who shouldn’t be allowed to purchase firearms to slip through the cracks and buy guns online or at gun shows.

The children of this country can no longer go to school in fear that each day could be their last. Please sign our petition and demand a comprehensive and effective bill be immediately brought before Congress to address these gun issues.

Thank you,

Cameron and March for Our Lives

P.S. On March 24, the kids and families of March For Our Lives will take to the streets of Washington DC and cities across the country to demand that their lives and safety become a priority and that we end gun violence and mass shootings in our schools today. Sign the petition to learn how you can help.

Sign now with a click

Visit petition page

Want to change something?

Start a petition

The person (or organization) who started this petition is not affiliated with Change.org. Change.org did not create this petition and is not responsible for the petition content.

Unsubscribe  ·  Manage your email preferences  ·  Privacy policy

This email was sent by Change.org to (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) because you registered as a Change.org user on 3/7/2018. We’d love to hear from you! Send us feedback or contact us through our help center.

Change.org  ·  548 Market St #29993, San Francisco, CA 94104-5401, USA

Last edited by kellory; 03/24/18.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Calhoun
The Guardian gave them an outlet.. here's highlights from their list.

1) Ban semi-automatic weapons that fire high-velocity rounds
Civilians shouldn’t have access to the same weapons that soldiers do. That’s a gross misuse of the second amendment.

2) Ban accessories that simulate automatic weapons
That’s why we believe that bump stocks, high-capacity magazines and similar accessories that simulate the effect of military-grade automatic weapons should be banned.

3) Establish a database of gun sales and universal background checks
We believe that there should be a database recording which guns are sold in the United States, to whom, and of what caliber and capacity they are.
Just as the department of motor vehicles has a database of license plates and car owners, the Department of Defense should have a database of gun serial numbers and gun owners. This data should be paired with infractions of gun laws, past criminal offenses and the status of the gun owner’s mental health and physical capability.

4) Change privacy laws to allow mental healthcare providers to communicate with law enforcement
privacy laws should be amended. That will allow us to prevent people who are a danger to themselves or to others from purchasing firearms.

5) Close gun show and secondhand sales loopholes
Thanks to loopholes, people who otherwise wouldn’t be able to buy firearms are able to purchase them at gun shows and secondhand sales. The existence of these loopholes reflects the ineptitude of state and federal legislators.

6) Allow the CDC to make recommendations for gun reform
The fact that they are currently prohibited from doing so undermines the first amendment. It also violates the rights of the American people.

7) Raise the firearm purchase age to 21
With the exception of those who are serving the United States in the military, the age to obtain any firearm must be raised to 21.

8) Dedicate more funds to mental health research and professionals
Federal and state government should earmark more funds specifically for mental health services.

9) Increase funding for school security
Though this idea has been proposed in the past, these funds should not be appropriated from the already scarce funding for public education. Governments should find resources to secure the millions of children that attend public schools without taking away from the quality of education that is offered at these institutions.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...and-students-manifesto-americas-gun-laws

Does anyone really think this is the work of teenage students...all by themselves, without input from the anti crowd?

Most high school students can barely write. In fact they can't put a sentence together without saying "like" a half-dozen times.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
4,8,9, may have some merit.
7 is a farceI I say as soon as they raise the age to 21 for being a legal adult, voting, signing up for the draft etc. Wait, maybe it should be 25, 30?
They forgot to mention having LE do their job!

None of this will work if not enforced, wait a minute, there 's a concept.

Arcus Venator
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The cameron email I got had more points than the one you got...

Sure its all Soros under the covers.

But still as a whole, I suspect its to late. Not just about gun control, but about total control. It will eventually come down to a battle at some point, that we almost can't win.

Doesn't mean most of us won't give it our all though.

Something most of todays kids don't understand at all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (2500HD, 160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 50 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,243
Posts18,504,590
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.