Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have a synthetic stock, blues barrel 77/22 with a leupold vx1 rimfire. It’s an awesome rifle, I’ll never get rid of it.

GB1

S
S
I bought a 77/22 in 1988 with my high school graduation money. For Christmas that year, my Parents gave me a Leupold M8-6X Compact AO scope. It's the perfect combo and shoots 1/2" all day long at 50 yards with CCI SV. Hundreds of squirrels met their demise thanks to this combo.

Last edited by slickracer; 03/24/18.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by eblake
I now have two CZ 452's (a Varmint model and an American with a 16.5 inch threaded barrel), both of which shoot better than the Ruger did. My CZ's are not fussy about ammo; they shoot almost any cheap ammo very well.

How do you CZ owners get past the backwards safety?

I hold it upside down.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have a 77/22 but wanted to see what the CZ 452 fuss was all about. It was just a "tad" better in the accuracy department and it was not as selective when it came to cartridge manufacture and/or bullet weight. I sold it basically because of cosmetic reasons .i.e. trigger guard and protruding magazine. For hand carry the 5 shot magazine was not too bad, but 10 shot magazine was annoying and it was always nicking or banging into something.

The only modification I made to the 77/22 was a shim in the two piece bolt. It wears a Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 17 Super 3.5-10X 36mm AO scope. It doesn't need boutique ammo to shoot 1/2" groups at 50 yards. CCI Mini-Mags 36 gr and 40 gr. plus Winchester SuperX 40 grain.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by roundoak; 03/24/18.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

I have not owned a Savage as I have always had a job.

[Linked Image]

LMAO. Drinks are on me if you ever find yourself in this hell hole.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by roundoak
Have a 77/22 but wanted to see what the CZ 452 fuss was all about. It was just a "tad" better in the accuracy department and it was not as selective when it came to cartridge manufacture and/or bullet weight. I sold it basically because of cosmetic reasons .i.e. trigger guard and protruding magazine. For hand carry the 5 shot magazine was not too bad, but 10 shot magazine was annoying and it was always nicking or banging into something.

The only modification I made to the 77/22 was a shim in the two piece bolt. It wears a Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 17 Super 3.5-10X 36mm AO scope. It doesn't need boutique ammo to shoot 1/2" groups at 50 yards. CCI Mini-Mags 36 gr and 40 gr. plus Winchester SuperX 40 grain.

[Linked Image]

I've found mine isn't fussy either. And that Winchester SuperX and the Browning version of the same load are dynamite.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by deflave

I have not owned a Savage as I have always had a job.

[Linked Image]

LMAO. Drinks are on me if you ever find yourself in this hell hole.

This snow doesn't melt soon I'm gonna drive down.

Dave

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I now have two CZ 452's (a Varmint model and an American with a 16.5 inch threaded barrel), both of which shoot better than the Ruger did. My CZ's are not fussy about ammo; they shoot almost any cheap ammo very well.

What's to get past? A 700 Remington has a different safety than a Model 70 Winchester, or a Mauser 98. You use them, adapt to them, and move on. Unless you're a blithering halfwit, it doesn't take much effort to adapt to them. If you own a Marlin 336, you just consider it like cocking the levergun when you shoulder it Not a bit of difference. Use your head and adapt to it. If you can't get "past" that, maybe you oughta take up golf or badminton or something.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I inherited a walnut and blue 77-22 about 20 years ago. It's currently got a post 2012 Leupold VX1 centerfire 2-7 scope on it with the parallax reset to rimfire distance. IMO it's a nice looking, solid, dependable rifle. I can't compare it to a CZ or Savage 22 as I've never had one but from what I've heard and read they're more accurate out of the box.

I'm not saying the accuracy wasn't there but I couldn't shoot my Ruger that well at first until I worked the trigger. Then it was a five shot one inch rifle at fifty yds with CCI hv, 37 gr hps. It would consistently kill ground squirrels out to 75 yds with head and neck shots on calm days. Over time I've pressure bedded the forend and shimmed the bolt and it shoots a little tighter. CCI std. velocity shoots closer to a 1/2 inch at 50 yards but it's almost as tight with the CCI 37 hps

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

What's to get past? A 700 Remington has a different safety than a Model 70 Winchester, or a Mauser 98. You use them, adapt to them, and move on. Unless you're a blithering halfwit, it doesn't take much effort to adapt to them. If you own a Marlin 336, you just consider it like cocking the levergun when you shoulder it Not a bit of difference. Use your head and adapt to it. If you can't get "past" that, maybe you oughta take up golf or badminton or something.

Is it ok to not care for a particular style of safety? It's not as though he punched a family member in the privates.

Dave

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image]

Roundoak that is a nice looking early model rifle there. Love the darker rich color of that stock.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Naw, Dave, but he runs in bad company. Varmintguy and Savage 99 are also incapable of adapting to a very minor thing. It's a dull-witted snotty arrogance that only their way is "best" and CZs are too hard to adapt to.

I bought probably the first 77/22 sold in Indiana back in the '80s, it was a nice looking, nice handling rifle that simply didn't shoot for crap. I adapted to the safety, though, just like I've adapted to the safeties on all kinds of shotguns, rifles, handguns, everydamnedthing.

It simply boggles my mind that someone cannot adapt to a simple mechanical difference, but has to carry on and whine about it like a sniveling little snotnosed punk, or VG and his blithering sidekick Savage99.

I think anyone that simple-minded should stick to what they know, like, who knows? Tennis, golf, stuff that maybe doesn't encourage thought like firearms.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well, I'll politely remind you he is from Texas.

And just as we don't swipe beers from the hands of the handicap (typically) we shouldn't pick on those born and raised down that way. They've very little exposure to most things. Especially when it comes to firearms.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL

[Linked Image]

Roundoak that is a nice looking early model rifle there. Love the darker rich color of that stock.

Thanks, yes is an early one...1985.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yeah, you can always tell a Texan (not much, but you can try). lol

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
plus the ruger is made in the USA. CZ is made someplace where the women look like Abe Vigoda

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rem141r
plus the ruger is made in the USA. CZ is made someplace where the women look like Abe Vigoda

I hate that broad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can you spell Schleppo-schlavakia?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like my 77/22s quite a bit. I like them a lot for the price I paid. I got them for under $400 after they were discontinued. One is a stainless 22LR. It hasn't found a load it is crazy about. I feel confident it will. The 22 Magnum loves the Federal 50 grain load in early testing.. One inch target dot, 5 shot group at 50 yards. It opened up a bit at 100 yards, but it was windy the day I did my testing. Too little time and so many guns to shoot.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1minute, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 68 invisible), 2,148 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,486
Posts18,508,944
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.