Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I bought a defective 7x50 on Ebay a few years back. It would not hold zero so I sent it back to Meopta. They told me the turret was cracked, evidently the seller knew that dbag he was. Meopta offered my choice of 3.5-10x44 one inch or 3.5-10x50 Meostar my choice since they discontinued the 7x50.

How does it get better then that?

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I bought a defective 7x50 on Ebay a few years back. It would not hold zero so I sent it back to Meopta. They told me the turret was cracked, evidently the seller knew that dbag he was. Meopta offered my choice of 3.5-10x44 one inch or 3.5-10x50 Meostar my choice since they discontinued the 7x50.

How does it get better then that?

Yep...that is awesome customer service.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have six Meoptas and have had zero issues with any of them.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I have a Meopta Meostar 3-10x50 #4 I got from Doug, no problems.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I bought a new one and sold it to a member here before I even used it and he said it was defective out of the box and sent it in for warranty. Felt bad but he didn't seem to mind...dunno if he got a new scope or not

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had a 3x9 Meopta that I had adjustment problems with after 80 .300 Win shots in a Featherweight.. I sent in in and asked if I could trade for a 6x42..They said yes and it arrived in 3 weeks as the 6x42 comes from Czekslovakia (whatever)..Haven't shot yet but first good day I will...Love the no. 4 .

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They are ugly, unless the Euro look, a beer can soldered on in place of the ocular lens, appeals to you.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I got a bunch of Conquests...

Does that count?

DF

Contrary to what has circulated, the Conquest and MeoPro lines were not the same. Yes, Meopta assembled the Conquests for Zeiss, but they did so to Zeiss' specs and using Zeiss' internals.Even the reticles were different. I've read here many times where someone referred to a Conquest as a rebadged MeoPro, but such is not the case. They may have been assembled by the same manufacturer and in the same facility using tubes of like size, but that is where the similarities end.

On the other hand, Meopta manufactured scopes for Cabela's. Many of those models were simply rebadged MeoPro scopes.

They are not the same.The lens covers won't interchange either.I had some issues with my Meopta,couldn't it to focus at 200yds where I could see the crosshair and the target clearly.Had to send it back.The scope returned,but the tracking was a guessing game.Had to send it back again.Talked to the tech at Meopta about the German 4 crosshair.I didn't really like it because it was very fine and hard to see.She swapped the scope out for me with one that had a plex crosshair.That scope is much better than the first one.I guess you can get a lemon with any brand. I think the Conquest is just a tad better scope.

Last edited by baldhunter; 03/23/18.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought Meopta before just about anyone heard of them- when they were priced below value. A 6x42 Artemis with a great #4 reticle. I sent it in for repairs but, hard to admit but I was young and dumb- and think the only issue was that I had it out of focus. Derrr

I had a brand new replacement mailed to me THAT WEEK -no question asked. They have a much larger presence now but the quality and Customer Service made me a fan.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I got a bunch of Conquests...

Does that count?

DF

Contrary to what has circulated, the Conquest and MeoPro lines were not the same. Yes, Meopta assembled the Conquests for Zeiss, but they did so to Zeiss' specs and using Zeiss' internals.Even the reticles were different. I've read here many times where someone referred to a Conquest as a rebadged MeoPro, but such is not the case. They may have been assembled by the same manufacturer and in the same facility using tubes of like size, but that is where the similarities end.

On the other hand, Meopta manufactured scopes for Cabela's. Many of those models were simply rebadged MeoPro scopes.

I'm not so sure about that. I had a Cabelas and a Zeiss in 3-9 x40 and they were identical in every way except for the name. The tubes, turrets, caps, adjustments, lens coatings, reticles, view - all identical. Perhaps the guts are different, but I doubt it. I think the confusion is that there are a couple versions of the Meopro. The 3-9x40 versions, based on my small sample, are the same, or at least so close that they might as well be the same. Either way, I've had a Conquest 3.5-10 for over 10 years on my 270. Not a huge thumper, but the scope has seen hundreds of rounds and still performs like the day I bought it. I haven't wrung out the Cabelas yet as I have one on an AR (50 rounds maybe), and another on a 338 Federal that has seen about 20 rounds, so time will tell.
[Linked Image]

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Have 3 meoptas. They are all better than the shooter. Wish I had more.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
bersh-

My info regarding the internals, etc.,comes directly from both Zeiss and Meopta in various conversations over the years. Also, in the ones I had (multiples of each brand), you could feel a distinct difference in the turrets from one brand to the next. And if you grid the reticles, you will see that the Zeiss #4 and Meopta #4 are far from one and the same. The center wire of the Meopta is much thinner. The Meopta plex was also slightly less bold than the #20 Z-plex.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Have 3 meoptas. They are all better than the shooter. Wish I had more.

smile
Give a call

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have a 1.75-10x42 Meostar with a lighted-center dot duplex. Really nice glass but the rubber ring on the eyepiece was barely attached when I got it. Not worth sending it in over but I have yet to break out some sealant and refasten it to the eyepiece.

Other than that, no complaints. Love that lit dot around dusk too. I come from a background of premium scopes being VX-3’s, Burris signatures, and Nikon Monarchs so I cant really make a claim about how it stacks up against other euro brands. I have a Kahles 2-7x36 arriving Monday so that should be a fair comparison.

Fear the crabcat.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Nope!

Eagle Lake, Mississippi is close to heaven.

"Everything Hipsters touch turns to chit........Period..
Whisky.....Beer.....Tobacco.....Boots....Clothing....Gear......you name it..
Good thing the fuggers don't like firearms.." Fieldgrade

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
bersh-

My info regarding the internals, etc.,comes directly from both Zeiss and Meopta in various conversations over the years. Also, in the ones I had (multiples of each brand), you could feel a distinct difference in the turrets from one brand to the next. And if you grid the reticles, you will see that the Zeiss #4 and Meopta #4 are far from one and the same. The center wire of the Meopta is much thinner. The Meopta plex was also slightly less bold than the #20 Z-plex.

I have had the Conquest 3-9x40, the Meopta MeoPro 3-9x40 and have the Meopta MeoPro 6x42. What Bobby said.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Well do you guys that have had all three versions of this scope CONQUEST, CABELAS INSTINCT and MEOPRO, do you think the Zeiss is better optically or mechanically? Is there any difference in the INSTINCT and the MEOPRO?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have a Zeiss Conquest MC 3x9x40 that has to go in for repair .It is the only one i have owned .Turrets are locked up had it on a .243 .My only experience with Zeiss.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Since erectors are bad do they replace or repair on the older Conquest MC scopes ? Called them this morning answering machine says they are not open today.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I would not expect Zeiss to be open on weekends. They will probably replace the scope.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, 308ld, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,866 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,728
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.