Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Hesp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Has any one noticed on "Soldier Systems Daily" they stated after testing that USSOCOM has adopted the 6.5CM. Talking about not building new rifles for the 6.5 but altering existing 7.62's. Watch the 6.5 soar now. Superior accuracy at long range due to much more manageable recoil in full auto article stated.

Last edited by Hesp; 03/23/18.
HR IC

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Be interesting to see what bullet they use, and if once fired LC brass would be made available to the public..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
But but but but......

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I thought Trump was gonna stop gays in the military?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain

He did when he banned the .30-06.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That noise you hear is all the "never 'Moor" peoples' heads exploding.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Last Spring, USSOCOM undertook a study of 6.5 family cartridges to determine a path forward for Precision Intermediate Caliber Ammunition. Over the last year, USASOC, the primary driver of this initiative, narrowed it down to 260 Remington and 6.5 Creemoor. Testing indicated that the two calibers performed very closely.

[Linked Image]

Last month, the command conducted a reliability test, using two incumbent weapons, currently in US service; the FN SCAR Heavy and KAC M110. Two weapons of each type were used, one was in 260 Remington and the other in 6.5 CM. What they found is that both weapons performed just as well and were just as reliable in either caliber.

As both cartridges were similarly accurate and reliable, the determining factor for selection of 6.5 CM would end up being trade space. The prevailing attitude is that there was more room with the 6.5 CM to further develop projectiles and loads.

I don’t expect a major announcement, or any fanfare with this decision. Instead, you’ll begin to see small movements toward configuring weapons to utilize this round.

At the USASOC Sniper Competition, there were several weapons in 6.5 CM. Yesterday, we gave a little tease on Instagram of a Knight’s Armament Co M110 in 6.5 CM.

[Linked Image]

Today, I fired a FN Mk20 in 6.5 CM which was configured as a demonstrator for new features, such as a non-reciprocating charging handle and AR-style stock. Shooting a SCAR Heavy is like taming a beast, but with 6.5 CM, the recoil impulse was negligible.

[Linked Image]

Briefings last year indicated that SOCOM was interested in looking at an intermediate cartridge family gas gun and light machine gun. However, the lay Of the land is a little different now. I do not expect a full and open competition for a new car being in 6.5 CM. Rather, I expect them to modify the 7.62 rifles they already own. Additionally, there has been no recent talk of looking at a light machine gun in that caliber."

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They still choose Leupolds too......

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

They did not choose the .270 grin

Pretty impressive, meaningful, results in the graphic Brad posted.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Mmm. No. You’re seeing one picture of a representative scope. There are Leupolds, Nightforce, S&B, and Vortex Razors GII issued to various organizations. .

Originally Posted by Hesp
Has any one noticed on "Soldier Systems Daily" they stated after testing that USSOCOM has adopted the 6.5CM. Talking about not building new rifles for the 6.5 but altering existing 7.62's. Watch the 6.5 soar now. Superior accuracy at long range due to much more manageable recoil in full auto article stated.

This was decided quite a while ago, and the 6.5 Creedmoor has been the highest selling factory round for a couple of years now- only the Campfire thinks it’s “new”.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Brad
"Last Spring, USSOCOM undertook a study of 6.5 family cartridges to determine a path forward for Precision Intermediate Caliber Ammunition. Over the last year, USASOC, the primary driver of this initiative, narrowed it down to 260 Remington and 6.5 Creemoor. Testing indicated that the two calibers performed very closely.

[Linked Image]

Last month, the command conducted a reliability test, using two incumbent weapons, currently in US service; the FN SCAR Heavy and KAC M110. Two weapons of each type were used, one was in 260 Remington and the other in 6.5 CM. What they found is that both weapons performed just as well and were just as reliable in either caliber.

As both cartridges were similarly accurate and reliable, the determining factor for selection of 6.5 CM would end up being trade space. The prevailing attitude is that there was more room with the 6.5 CM to further develop projectiles and loads.

I don’t expect a major announcement, or any fanfare with this decision. Instead, you’ll begin to see small movements toward configuring weapons to utilize this round.

At the USASOC Sniper Competition, there were several weapons in 6.5 CM. Yesterday, we gave a little tease on Instagram of a Knight’s Armament Co M110 in 6.5 CM.

[Linked Image]

Today, I fired a FN Mk20 in 6.5 CM which was configured as a demonstrator for new features, such as a non-reciprocating charging handle and AR-style stock. Shooting a SCAR Heavy is like taming a beast, but with 6.5 CM, the recoil impulse was negligible.

[Linked Image]

Briefings last year indicated that SOCOM was interested in looking at an intermediate cartridge family gas gun and light machine gun. However, the lay Of the land is a little different now. I do not expect a full and open competition for a new car being in 6.5 CM. Rather, I expect them to modify the 7.62 rifles they already own. Additionally, there has been no recent talk of looking at a light machine gun in that caliber."

Interesting read, and if your military goes with it then ours will surely follow...and London to a brick the military eggheads will manage to cripple the whole thing.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prm

They did not choose the .270 grin

Pretty impressive, meaningful, results in the graphic Brad posted.

If they'd picked the 270 back in 1925, they'd still be using it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So our new round will be slightly less that the Sweede round designed in the 1890s, but a little better than the Jap round found to be obsolete in the 1930's.I

But with better bullets.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Savuti
That noise you hear is all the "never 'Moor" peoples' heads exploding.

Yep. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Mmm. No. You’re seeing one picture of a representative scope. There are Leupolds, Nightforce, S&B, and Vortex Razors GII issued to various organizations. .

Originally Posted by Hesp

This was decided quite a while ago, and the 6.5 Creedmoor has been the highest selling factory round for a couple of years now- only the Campfire thinks it’s “new”.

Creedmoor has been around, but the kreedmire is fairly new......

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They're using vortex?
Any swfa's floating around in combat situations?

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What bullet have they settled on?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Fake News!

Scott
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
They're using vortex?
Any swfa's floating around in combat situations?

Yes. The 1-6x and 3-9x SWFA’s are used extensively by some.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, Big1bud, 7 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.