Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SBTCO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
The protests in DC and around the country today could very well be defining a major turning point in constitutional rights of all Americans.

After yesterday's vote adding another $1.3 trillion in debt to the already historical $20+trillion in fed debt, not to mention the added gun control measures buried deep in a bill that no one read, Trump and the republicans have shown again they are just another appendage of the same monster that has plagued America for over a century.

We have a population that has more technology in their hands than was used to place Americans on the moon and yet is less educated, or emotionally stable, let alone mature with any wisdom, than at any other time in our history. Our leaders are spineless, greedy and have lost all sense of what makes this country what it is and why it was created. We have peaked as society and it is a slippery slope on the back side

Time for real Americans to get their ducks in a row and hang on for the ride of our lives.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5539363/Crowds-descend-DC-historic-March-Lives-protest.html

"..Joshua Kushner, Ivanka Trump's brother-in-law, has also vowed to attend.

They have all commended the Stoneman Douglas students for harnessing the debate on gun control and taking action.

Others, including President Trump's friend, Patriots owner Bob Kraft, lent their support in other ways.

Kraft gave the teenagers from Parkland his football team's private plane to shuttle them to DC on Friday.

Delta also donated two of its aircraft to fly protesters to the city from Florida. The event will wreak havoc on local transport and officials are on high alert for any security threats..."

Last edited by SBTCO; 03/24/18.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wonder how it would go if In every state the open carry is legal, an equal number of people showed up with a gun.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
Wonder how it would go if In every state the open carry is legal, an equal number of people showed up with a gun.

Why would anyone want to do that.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART

To show the world that there are more people in this country that own guns that are against.
Probably hard to understand that, where firearm carry is about almost nonexistent.
Adult gun owners number over 50% in this state, open carry is not uncommon, concealed is permitted without a permit.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

To show the world that there are more people in this country that own guns that are against.
Probably hard to understand that, where firearm carry is about almost nonexistent.
Adult gun owners number over 50% in this state, open carry is not uncommon, concealed is permitted without a permit

So you think turning up en masse armed and confrontational is a good idea...really?

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Adult gun owners number over 50% in this state, open carry is not uncommon, concealed is permitted without a permit

So you think turning up en masse armed and confrontational is a good idea...really?

At what point did you read CONFRONTATIONAL in 700LHs statement?

"the .30-06 is never a mistake"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

At some point, it will be the only option.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gregintenn

So you don't see any other option other than confronting marching kids whilst armed...are you sure about that.

Because I can damn well tell you I am not going to stand in front of kids here and lord it over them whilst armed.

And I am pretty sure any bastard that tried to do so here would be kicked to death by myself and every damn citizen I know.

Last edited by JSTUART; 03/24/18.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If folks would stand up for their gun rights as strongly as those opposed do, I suspect passing gun law would become much harder to do.
We don't, we passively stand by and do no more than send money to an origination that has in the past show they will compromise or bargain them away,
After all, more or threatening gun law, nets them millions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So you don't see any other option other than confronting marching kids whilst armed...are you sure about that.

Because I can damn well tell you I am not going to stand in front of kids here and lord it over them whilst armed.

And I am pretty sure any bastard that tried to do so here would be kicked to death by myself and every damn citizen I know.

Yes, but you live in a completely different country than we do, and I doubt you really understand in the first place.
No one said anydamnthing about "confrontation" except you.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
. . . So you don't see any other option other than confronting marching kids whilst armed...are you sure about that.

Now that's what I call the definition of confrontational! grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yes, but you live in a completely different country than we do, and I doubt you really understand in the first place

You may be right...we are not too worried about our schools so our kids are not marching to any armed confrontations with dickheads that think lording it over kids whilst armed is a good idea.

So what do you lot propose to do if the kids keep going, what about if some of the little twits make a grab for your weapons...what then.

The way to win this is through education and undermining their argument by encouraging participation in the use of firearms...not by donning jackboots.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, tell us how Australian gun owners won.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Although I completely agree about the idea that gun owners should show the same level of passion, the left would be salivating over millions of gun owners showing up armed. The left is so sick that they would actually embrace the possibility of some scuffle breaking out and the possibility of an over zealous gun carrier shooting someone. That's just martyrdom for them. It doesn't matter if the gun carriers show up and have no intention of being controversial. Just the possibility of a gun related death, even accidental at an anti gun rally to me is justification alone to not do it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

We haven't as we simply didn't have the numbers...now you explain how standing over kids whilst armed is a good thing.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Exactly how would you kick to death an armed citizen?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Peddler
Although I completely agree about the idea that gun owners should show the same level of passion, the left would be salivating over millions of gun owners showing up armed. The left is so sick that they would actually embrace the possibility of some scuffle breaking out and the possibility of an over zealous gun carrier shooting someone. That's just martyrdom for them. It doesn't matter if the gun carriers show up and have no intention of being controversial. Just the possibility of a gun related death, even accidental at an anti gun rally to me is justification alone to not do it.

Bingo!

And the very fact that this has not happened puts a big crimp in the left's argument.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We haven't as we simply didn't have the numbers...now you explain how standing over kids whilst armed is a good thing.

Stop making up things that haven't been said.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mittenman

Exactly how would you kick to death an armed citizen?

Do you think having a firearm makes you invulnerable to crowds kicking you to pieces if you threaten their kids.

Good luck with that approach sport.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Stop making up things that haven't been said.

Read the above posts sport then tell me it wasn't mooted...or do you think groups of armed people confronting marching kids isn't threatening.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (257robertsimp, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,541
Posts18,472,864
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.