-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Something you won't likely here on the news is the viewpoint of Jesse Hughes on the Bataclan massacre in France.

The frontman of Eagles of Death Metal, the U.S. rock band that was performing in a Paris theater in 2015 when it was hit by a terrorist attack, has publicly slammed the teens behind last weekend’s March For Our Lives protest.

Jesse Hughes called the survivors of last month’s mass shooting at a Parkland, Florida, high school “vile abusers of the dead,” and claimed they were “exploiting” the deaths of their fellow students with their demonstrations and media appearances.

“When the truth don’t line up with your bullshit narrative just hold your breath and stamp your feet and refused to except it,” Hughes wrote in a series of typo-riddled posts on Instagram. Although the posts were eventually deleted, they were preserved in a number of places.

“It might be funny if it wasn’t so pathetic and disgusting,” he wrote.

Eagles of Death Metal were performing at the Bataclan theater in Paris on Nov. 13, 2015, when Islamic State militants launched a series of attacks. By the end of the night, the militants had killed 130 people, including 89 at the Bataclan, and wounded hundreds more throughout the city.

Referring to the attack, Hughes wrote:

“As the survivor of a mass shooting I can tell you from first-hand experience that all of you protesting and taking days off from school insult the memory of those who were killed and abuse and insult me and every other lover of liberty by your every action.....Long Live Rock’n’Roll..... and may everyone [sic] of these disgusting vile abusers of the dead live as long as possible so they can have the maximum amount of time to endure their shame....and be Cursed....”
Hughes also posted an image of shooting survivor Emma González that was doctored to look like she was tearing up the Constitution. He called her “the awful face of treason” and a “survivor of nothing.” In the original animation, González ripped up a gun-target poster typically seen at shooting ranges.

After Hughes’ posts were deleted, no new statements appeared. However, the band’s official Facebook page quickly filled with posts from one-time fans who say they’re done with the group.

Hughes is no stranger to controversy. Just months after the Paris attacks, he denounced France’s tough gun control laws.

“Did your French gun control stop a single [bleep] person from dying at the Bataclan? And if anyone can answer yes, I’d like to hear it because I don’t think so,” he said at the time.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A couple of friends of mine who survived the Nazis understood the consequences of gun control.

Retired cat herder.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by g5m
A couple of friends of mine who survived the Nazis understood the consequences of gun control.

^^^^^^^^^^ THIS should be posted in every location,web site, and on billboards! TRUTH!!!!!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,928
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.