Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FatCity67
It Ain’t Just The Jews.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
And this is a surprise how?

Common knowledge for over a century.

THESE ANTI-AMERICANS ARE IN IT FOR THE LONG GAME AND MUCH MORE ORGANIZED THAN “US”

[Linked Image]

I'm talking about the organization and money behind it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Which isn’t just the Jewish Cabal.
It Ain’t Just The Jews.
And this is a surprise how?

Common knowledge for over a century.

THESE ANTI-AMERICANS ARE IN IT FOR THE LONG GAME AND MUCH MORE ORGANIZED THAN “US”

[Linked Image]

I'm talking about the organization and money behind it.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The real check on Federal power by the states was the right to simply pick up and leave the union. Once Lincoln established that the federal government could wage war on a state and its people to force them into the union against the will of their elected representatives and their collective public will, the states became mere provinces of the federal government with no sovereignty of their own. A person or state has no rights whatsoever if he/it can be forced to participate and support with taxes a government he does not support. At least an individual an pick up and move to another country, the states are now the captives of the beast they created.

Also true.

Plus 2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Which isn’t just the Jewish Cabal.
Link

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 45_100
I take issue with those who say it is our fault for electing the wrong people. 200 years ago the people might have had a say and there is no doubt that is how it was intended. With the emergence of the party system it no longer works that way. The parties pick their candidates and the people vote for one of those chosen. With the exception of the last presidential election, how long has it been since you really voted FOR someone. We usually vote for the lesser of two evils.

To a large extent, I agree. I think our system would be greatly improved if we had a run off system, i.e., two national elections. In the first one, everybody runs for office (rather than running for their party nomination). In the second election, maybe a week or two later, only the top two run against each other.

Or simply going back to the Constitutional Republic that we were founded as Vs. The Democratic every uniformed jackass and now illegals get a vote.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mittenman
Originally Posted by 45_100
I take issue with those who say it is our fault for electing the wrong people. 200 years ago the people might have had a say and there is no doubt that is how it was intended. With the emergence of the party system it no longer works that way. The parties pick their candidates and the people vote for one of those chosen. With the exception of the last presidential election, how long has it been since you really voted FOR someone. We usually vote for the lesser of two evils.

To a large extent, I agree. I think our system would be greatly improved if we had a run off system, i.e., two national elections. In the first one, everybody runs for office (rather than running for their party nomination). In the second election, maybe a week or two later, only the top two run against each other.
Or simply going back to the Constitutional Republic that we were founded as Vs. The Democratic every uniformed jackass and now illegals get a vote.

Yep.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Just more reason to keep Trump in for two terms and to seriously vet all new Republican candidates - especially to federal office.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What would expect from a Chicago Demonrat Lawyer?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
It would be, "simple", he says in the NY Times today. Naturally, being the NY Times, they had to immediately issue a correction, because they'd mislabeled one of the firearms they showed next to the article. grin

Originally Posted by Justice John Paul Stevens
Overturning [the Heller] decision via a constitutional amendment to get rid of the Second Amendment would be simple and would do more to weaken the N.R.A.’s ability to stymie legislative debate and block constructive gun control legislation than any other available option.

That simple but dramatic action would move Saturday’s marchers closer to their objective than any other possible reform. It would eliminate the only legal rule that protects sellers of firearms in the United States — unlike every other market in the world. It would make our schoolchildren safer than they have been since 2008 and honor the memories of the many, indeed far too many, victims of recent gun violence.

So, go ahead & do it, argues Charles C.W. Cooke @ Nat'l Review. This article is over 2 1/2 years old now, but still just as applicable.

Originally Posted by Charles C.W. Cooke
Seriously, try it. Start the process. Stop whining about it on Twitter, and on HBO, and at the Daily Kos. Stop playing with some Thomas Jefferson quote you found on Google. Stop jumping on the news cycle and watching the retweets and viral shares rack up. Go out there and begin the movement in earnest. Don’t fall back on excuses. ... You’re going to need a plan. A state-by-state, county-by-county, street-by-street, door-to door plan. A detailed roadmap to abolition that involves the military and the police and a whole host of informants — and, probably, a hell of a lot of blood, too. Sure, the ACLU won’t like it, especially when you start going around poorer neighborhoods. Sure, there are probably between 20 and 30 million Americans who would rather fight a civil war than let you into their houses. Sure, there is no historical precedent in America for the mass confiscation of a commonly owned item — let alone one that was until recently constitutionally protected. Sure, it’s slightly odd that you think that we can’t deport 11 million people but we can search 123 million homes. But that’s just the price we have to pay. Times have changed. It has to be done: For the children; for America; for the future. Hey hey, ho ho, the Second Amendment has to go. Let’s do this thing.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have never understood why we give judges such power. I know, it's been that way since this country was formed. But, it seems to me in recent years, these federal judges, and that includes the SCOTUS, have come down with decisions that have far overreached their authority.

For example.....the voters of Kentucky vote over 75% majority that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Some federal judge, in another state, says nope, you can't do that, queers can marry. That just does not seem right, at least not to me.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have never understood why we give judges such power. I know, it's been that way since this country was formed. But, it seems to me in recent years, these federal judges, and that includes the SCOTUS, have come down with decisions that have far overreached their authority.

For example.....the voters of Kentucky vote over 75% majority that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Some federal judge, in another state, says nope, you can't do that, queers can marry. That just does not seem right, at least not to me.

One major check against judicial overreach, contemplated by Hamilton in Federalist No. 78, was the power of the other branches to simply ignore Judicial rulings that they deemed contrary to the US Constitution. The power to so ignore stems from the concept of their being coequal branches of government, i.e., one branch is not superior to the other in power, and each independently is obliged by oath to uphold the US Constitution as best they understand it. When conflicts like this arose, it was assumed they'd be resolved in the voting booth, i.e., if the people disagreed with the President or the Congress ignoring a Supreme Court ruling, they'd vote them out of office and replace them with someone who would uphold the ruling. Alternatively, if they approved of the ruling being ignored, they'd reelect them.

The Federal Courts were assumed by the Founders to be very weak in this regard, lacking their own enforcers of their rulings, which is the only reason they felt it was safe to give them life tenures.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Heller was a closes brush with the repeal process.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Heller was a closes brush with the repeal process.

Or a close call for the real shooting to start.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The (the left) will likely look back on these statements and protests as the moment when they lost the mid-terms. Nothing is going to galvanize gun owners more than what's going on right now.

I hadn't given a gun group any money in a several years. Did so twice this month and will again today (Oregon Firearms Federation). Never been to a protest. But if they put a pro 2nd one on in Salem I'll be there.

Last edited by Steve; 03/28/18.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I saw that. Sad thing is, there are at least FOUR left in SCOTUS that believe the same tripe.

You have to always keep in mind what will happen to the court with a democrat president. Look at who Obama appointed.
Republican Presidents have not always done better but you stand a better chance. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks for the spell check I do tend to misspell when i am pissed. Your observation on the repeal of the 2nd are spot on. I wonder if those calling for it have any idea of the consequences.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
"I have never understood why we give judges such power. I know, it's been that way since this country was formed. But, it seems to me in recent years, these federal judges, and that includes the SCOTUS, have come down with decisions that have far overreached their authority. ... "

I do not believe that the Founding Fathers ever intended for the country to be run by five people in black robes. But it has evolved to the situation we have today. More's the pity

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think Stevens is admitting that the 2nd Amendment means the people have the right, he just thinks they (we) shouldn't.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I think Stevens is admitting that the 2nd Amendment means the people have the right, he just thinks they (we) shouldn't.

From now on, that should be a direct question for any SCOTUS candidate, with the wrong answer killing the confirmation.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1badf350, 163bc, 1minute, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,594
Posts18,473,485
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.