-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No freaking way. Take a stand and stick with it. We should send each of those companies an email letting them know we will be boycotting their products over this.

Jim

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Apologizing is groveling.

Groveling is ass kissing.

We've kissed enough ass.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Which companies - and who were they backing?
Kinda in the dark, here.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hogg listing several of Ingraham’s top advertisers — Nutrish, Sleep Number, AT&T, Allstate, Esurance, Bayer Liberty Mutual, Arby’s, TripAdvisor, Nestle, Wayfair, Rocket Mortgage by Quickens Loans, and Hulu — and calling for a boycott of the program.

Just a few hours later, at least six said they would cease buying ads on the show. Nutrish, celebrity cook Rachael Ray’s dog food company, announced on Thursday that it was “in the process of removing ads from Laura Ingraham’s program.” TripAdvisor, the American travel website, made a decision to stop advertising on that program.”

“We believe strongly in the values of our company, especially the one that says, ‘We are better together,’” a TripAdvisor spokesperson said in an email. “We also believe Americans can disagree while still being agreeable, and that the free exchange of ideas within a community, in a peaceful manner, is the cornerstone of our democracy.”

The spokesperson added: “We do not, however, condone the inappropriate comments made by this broadcaster. In our view, these statements focused on a high school student, cross the line of decency.”
\
Wayfair, the online home-goods store, said the Fox News host’s comments were “not consistent with our values” in announcing that it would also pull ads from the show. A spokesperson for Nestle confirmed in an email that the company had “no plans to buy ads on the show in the future,” and Expedia also said that it would follow suit in cutting promotional ties with the program.

Later on Thursday, the video-on-demand service Hulu tweeted that was no longer advertising on Ingraham’s show and was “monitoring all of our ad placements carefully.”

The decisions came in response to an online plea from David Hogg, a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, for the company to cease its promotions on the show.

Laura Ingraham apology:
Any student should be proud of a 4.2 GPA —incl. @DavidHogg111. On reflection, in the spirit of Holy Week, I apologize for any upset or hurt my tweet caused him or any of the brave victims of Parkland.

Hogg stated I 100% agree, but an apology in an effort just to save your advertisers is not enough. I will only accept your apology if you denounce the way your network has treated my friends and I in this fight. It’s time to love thy neighbor, not mudsling at children.

Humm, he's flexing his twinky muscle.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apologize for what? The truth doesn't hurt unless it needs to. Fahq Hogg and his leftist teeny scum.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
.....mudsling at children.

Ring that f'ers scrawny neck.

Her apologizing is gonna put an "S" right on his chest.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
She should never have apologized. Sign of weakness.

Mark Levin has criticized this little sh*t and if he were called out on it he would never apologize, he would attack the little bastard even more.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kroo88

Her apologizing is gonna put an "S" right on his chest.

Exactly

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know what she said, I don't do the tweeter thing. But I'm guessing whatever said was probably the truth. She should stand with the truth.

Seems to be a line being drawn in the sand as far as advertisers go. A fella should oughta know which side they fall on and treat them accordingly.

Black Cows Matter!
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I listened to 25 minutes of her show tonight and she made no mention of her run in with the little sh*t.
I guess she is hoping the controversy will go away.

She made a mistake and should never have apologized.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right now whats going away is millions of Fox News advertising income dollars.

It's kinda what they are in business for.

Hogg won that round....next....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't follow the twitter stuff either so was wondering what the kerfuffle was about. Apparently she tweeted some snide remark about Hogg not being accepted by some colleges. Oh boo hoo. Apparently it's a hanging offense to say anything critical of the vulgar little smartass. Oops, I mean heroic little snowflake.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She was waaaay too easy on the useful idiot.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No she shouldn't. More over someone should be digging every little piece of dirt up that they can find on him and the bull dyke, and publicise it...we have to. Start using the left's tactics against them

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Never apologize.

This.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Never apologize.

As John Wayne said..........it's a sign of weakness.

Very true in this case.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I wish that Twatter crap would go back to hell from whence it came and take faceplant with it.

No, Miss Laura should not have apologized. The little Bolshevik WAS whining about about not getting accepted into the college of his choice....probably in an effort to make them change their minds now that he is a leftist hero. Its pretty funny how he can get up and run his mouth, demonizing the law abiding citizens of the NRA, then when someone comments about him, throw down the "child" card. Sorry, but once you make yourself a public figure and enter the realm of policy debate, its on and you best be ready for it.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
She should have said that when you enter the public areana you open yourself to criticism.

It’s interesting to me to see which of the witnesses to the shootings are afforded this sacrosanct status... ie only the ones with opinions the media likes....

This kid is an amazing douchebag. I hope they keep him talking cuz he’ll work in our favor this fall.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Phone problem.

Last edited by rainshot; 03/30/18. Reason: Premature post
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 21, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,385
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.