Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We've talked about how they'd falsified their diesel emission testing. This report says that there are 300k cars, both new and buybacks, sitting in lots until the EPA decides what to do with them. They'll never be sold in the US. Whether you agree with the testing or not, at this time it's the law and VW is going to bite it big time.
VW DIESELS

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Other countries are standing in line begging for those cars.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll bet Cuba would take a boat load to replace those 57 chevy's

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

May be we could work out a trade.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Reloder28

May be we could work out a trade.

No kidding. I'll take a 57 Chevy over any of those crappers.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We've talked about how they'd falsified their diesel emission testing. This report says that there are 300k cars, both new and buybacks, sitting in lots until the EPA decides what to do with them. They'll never be sold in the US. Whether you agree with the testing or not, at this time it's the law and VW is going to bite it big time.
VW DIESELS

[Linked Image]

They are selling them to dealers, who do the emissions work and then they gt a 160,000 mile emissions and turbo warranty from VW. There's a huge lot of these in Colorado Springs

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mexico...

They don't need no stinkin' emissions tests! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
BWS Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Back in '04 there was a class action suit against VW diesels. There was an emission part,I believe US market only,that failed.It was quite a mess.The part was failing just out of warrenty,3 years 36k miles.The MAJOR issues were....emission parts have to be warranted for 100k miles to be sold in the US.....VW fail #1.But the biggest fail,no joke was,there were NO replacement parts.Not here,not the fatherland,not nowhere!!

The whole debacle got swept under the proverbial rug.Owners of said turbo diesels got effed,no lube.

So,when they got caught dinking around with emissions the second time.....just say in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
VW DIESELS

[Linked Image]

Serves them right...they committed fraud. Regardless of how someone feels on the air quality thing... They clearly knew the law. No one forced them to make those diesel vehicles; they had lots of gas cars that would have been just fine. They wanted an edge in the marketplace, and they got that edge through fraud; not by innovation. Someone should have gone to jail... But in America we don't jail Fortune 500 executives; they're above the law. So we just extract some fine, for which they basically have their investors pay...Boy we really showed them!!!

Pisses me off to no end the BS we let corporations get away with. As a policy the DOJ stopped seeking criminal charges against corporate execs in the opening days of the Obama Administration and that policy continues to this day. We have had corporate execs caught in fraud of all sorts, money laundering for Mexican cartels, arbitrarily approving medications (outside the FDA) for pediatrics that ended up killing kids...this and a LOT more...no prosecutions; only fines. I mean, we can't have politicians putting their corporate masters in jail.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Was lookin for one a them VWs, thought I could get one on the cheap cause I ain't in CA.

Don't look like that's gonna happen.

Wouldn't be no fun drivin it anyway, knowin I wasn't breakin the "law".

Good news is, mosta the other companies was caught doin it, too.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Someone should have gone to jail... But in America we don't jail Fortune 500 executives; they're above the law. So we just extract some fine, for which they basically have their investors pay...Boy we really showed them!!!

Try using facts next time Kevin:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ced-to-7-years-in-prison-for-diesel-role

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I hope VW has good financing, average Cuban makes 30 bucks a month.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
VW DIESELS

[Linked Image]

Serves them right...they committed fraud. Regardless of how someone feels on the air quality thing... They clearly knew the law. No one forced them to make those diesel vehicles; they had lots of gas cars that would have been just fine. They wanted an edge in the marketplace, and they got that edge through fraud; not by innovation. Someone should have gone to jail... But in America we don't jail Fortune 500 executives; they're above the law. So we just extract some fine, for which they basically have their investors pay...Boy we really showed them!!!

Pisses me off to no end the BS we let corporations get away with. As a policy the DOJ stopped seeking criminal charges against corporate execs in the opening days of the Obama Administration and that policy continues to this day. We have had corporate execs caught in fraud of all sorts, money laundering for Mexican cartels, arbitrarily approving medications (outside the FDA) for pediatrics that ended up killing kids...this and a LOT more...no prosecutions; only fines. I mean, we can't have politicians putting their corporate masters in jail.

Rumors that MB did the same exact thing

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Someone should have gone to jail... But in America we don't jail Fortune 500 executives; they're above the law. So we just extract some fine, for which they basically have their investors pay...Boy we really showed them!!!

Facts completely escape even the smartest of liberals............

But hey, he got to be thoughly pissed off for awhile.

Last edited by 12344mag; 03/30/18.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Well I'll be damned... Thanks for that.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
In the end, VW will be fine.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They have lots of money, they aren’t Remington.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And I bet in the scheme of things the polution wasn't enough to matter any damn way.

We have been scared of our own shadows for a LONG time now.

I'd take one and run the hell out of it personally...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by rost495
And I bet in the scheme of things the polution wasn't enough to matter any damn way.

We have been scared of our own shadows for a LONG time now.

I'd take one and run the hell out of it personally...

Truthfully ( my opinion only), I sort of admire VW for doing this. The diesel vehicles weren't that bad pollution wise, and would even be better if ultra purified diesel was available for use in US. Some of our pollution laws are onorous and politicized against certain industries and fuels.

Last edited by Old Ornery; 03/31/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Old Ornery,

The only road legal diesel here is,

ULSD,

Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel

The laws violated by VW are pure bullshit. I believe that the witch hunt was driven by the alternative energy folks.
VW had those cars, running diesel, giving better real world fuel mileage than many of the hybrids. Along with good performance.

There was even a flap concerning VW being pissed that the subsidies given to hybrids weren't offered on their cars that were performing better.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,895
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.