Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by cwh2
Hawks Gunsmithing  

Address: 644 Fischer Ave, Anchorage, AK 99518
Phone: (907) 562-0881

Thank you!!! Ill give him a ring either tomorrow or early next week. Probably still be a few weeks before I can even get it dropped off.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Steve Untiet at Alaska Custom Firearms, he's 2 doors down from Wiggy's Ak.

West is the only one worse...
I could care less about your opinion, I've had no issues with Steve's work, if he wants to give him a try that's his call.

Having first hand info of some of his stunts which were clearly way outside the law, my opinion is based on more than his work...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh, forgot to mention we have had this conversation before and you know what he did... if you do not care how he holds information private, even when absolutely required by law, or doesn't... that is your call.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Not to get into the furball, but I have to give a thumbs down for Alaska Custom Firearms. I left a 1911 to have the slide fitted, trigger, and sights installed and fitted, as well as a nitride coating- my instructions were "Cost is not my concern, I just want it done right" He had the pistol for 18 months, and the front sight (dovetail) has a gap that you can fit a dime under. The ejector at the rear is all mangled up, and leaves ugly uneven gaps at the rear of the slide. Since the parts have now been nitrided, they cannot be worked or refitted. I'm stuck with a $2500 1911 that looks like bubba put together in his basement using a ball peen hammer.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
Why am I broke dick? How does paying the man then picking up a gun when I’m back in anchorage make me broke dick?

You are a broke dick, because googling a name would be a quicker answer then asking the other broke dicks on this site.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
Why am I broke dick? How does paying the man then picking up a gun when I’m back in anchorage make me broke dick?

Don’t take it personally, he can’t help himself. He likes dick talk.

You are confused (no one is surprised) I’m conversing with a bunch of dicks.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ironbender

Clydesdale is on ignore and I had to toggle to see what this was about. He's actually more of a clydesdale ass than the rest of the hoss.

Clyde - you really need to unclench and let that stick fall out of your ass.

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
may i suggest "Precision Arms" they are in the book....really good guy, skilled gunsmith, works out of his home near UAA and is moderately priced.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alaskanbuilt
may i suggest "Precision Arms" they are in the book....really good guy, skilled gunsmith, works out of his home near UAA and is moderately priced.

And has Stan Jackson do anything that involves machining... he is a good guy for very simple stuff.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks for all the advice guys, I’m looking forward to getting this project done, it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, should make a perfect gun for when I’m out on my raft.

I actuallly dropped a timney trigger in it today and shot it a few times but that barre needs to get cut back, the Talley quick release rings are sweet too.

Last edited by AKPENDUDE; 04/01/18.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,411
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.