-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, but Ranger Green is being merciful - only visits and photographs the "better" parts of SF.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB4

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Which one is Pelosi's house?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure that's not Portland?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last time I was there, the day of my mom's funeral

[Linked Image]

Now that both of my folks have passed I have no reason or desire to ever go there again.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats too bad.

I did like the crapped out van next to the no parking sign however.

I was in San Francisco 20 years ago. My Aunt and Uncle live in Palo Alto.

Took me to see the sights, eat some food and watched a production of Phantom of the Opera.

Gawddamnedest thing I ever saw. I did not see any thing like that.....but they would not have taken me to those areas anyway.

What the hell causes all of that? Drugs I suppose?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You obviously haven't been to Boston if you think SF has some sort of a monopoly on blight...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Thats too bad.

Took me to see the sights, eat some food and watched a production of Phantom of the Opera.

Gawddamnedest thing I ever saw. I did not see any thing like that.....but they would not have taken me to those areas anyway.

A majority of homeless are mentally ill, drunks, or drug addicts, or combination. Cities, especially liberal cities provide free services, allow begging, etc that enables and promotes those types of behaviors. If I have to work for my beer, they should too. I don’t mind helping the down and out or mentally ill, but the rest should starve. Missoula started a shelter and it’s turned into a mess. Don’t ever give to a begger or build a free shelter, because they will come, trash your parks and chit on your streets. Bad life choices shouldn’t be rewarded.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH
Boston isn't immune..and would probably be ever bit as bad, (if not already) if they had Caliotoe's weather.
It is insanity to allow this to happen to our cities. surely there is some sort of a solution, if nothing else camps like during WWII.
How about let have camp akin to refugee camps, and if your homeless you can stay there.
Normal society should not have to live with this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bos...AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=949#imgrc=_

Well when 1% of the people have most of the money something's got to give. I remember growing up in a 60s built suburb in a medium sized town. I went to school with guys who's dads worked at the hardware store, drove the milk truck, worked in a mill type of deal and that was enough to raise a family and own a decent house. Two of those wages wouldn't do it now, there's a lot of working homeless not far from here. Not sure what the answer is.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Thats too bad.

A majority of homeless are mentally ill, drunks, or drug addicts, or combination. Cities, especially liberal cities provide free services, allow begging, etc that enables and promotes those types of behaviors. If I have to work for my beer, they should too. I don’t mind helping the down and out or mentally ill, but the rest should starve. Missoula started a shelter and it’s turned into a mess. Don’t ever give to a begger or build a free shelter, because they will come, trash your parks and chit on your streets. Bad life choices shouldn’t be rewarded.

From contacts with them 90% is drug relates/caused. Most become brain damaged, thus mentally ill. The Stormin' is right; most stay here because of the handouts. Stay here long enough and the drug pipeline flows a steady supply. Of course, sometimes you mobile lab burns down the encampment. God Bless our firemen who have to go into those hazmat situations.

Of course, liberal policies are a strong component of this mess. but they will not admit it.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Salty303
I went to school with guys who's dads worked at the hardware store, drove the milk truck, worked in a mill type of deal and that was enough to raise a family and own a decent house. Two of those wages wouldn't do it now, there's a lot of working homeless not far from here. Not sure what the answer is.

Yes you can. You can't be wasteful but one income can totally support a family. Will it support the NFL package on direct tv, an iphone x, two car payments, and a house above their means? No. But you can do it.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Never thought of that before Ranger Green.

A drug pipeline following these people to the next liberal area.

Sorta like a bizzaro Field of Dreams.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fantastic!!!!

My fav!

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have zero sympathy for these people.. they are the ones that did it to themselves..

and then they blame society, as if it everyone else's fault for their plight but themselves.

best contribution many of these people can do to society is O.D. themselves

Major Addendum....

With a very courteous email from a fellow forum member, he brought up a very good point..

Homeless veterans.....

I don't include homeless veterans in my opinion and post above...

it is a sin for this nation that we even have homeless veterans, unless that is the choice of the veteran themselves.

As many known, my military choice to serve was that as a corpsman.. with both field and hospital experience.
taking tall the training the US Army would allow me to take...and was even denied more that I was earmarked for
after they were having to do a Reduction in Force, what we who served knew as RIF...

A veterans well being , both physical and mentally/emotionally are very important issues to me personally.
Hell if I won the big lottery, I wouldn't be on vacation for the rest of my life.. I'd be volunteering down at the
VA Hospitals, doing anything and everything they would allow me to do, 5 days a week or more as needed...
That is where my time would be spent.

From drug treatment if that is what is needed etc... Our nation owes a debt to those that served, much more
than all the money they spend on the welfare of illegal aliens, ghetto and trailer park welfare rats...these Transient types.

Why is the well bottomless for these peoples needs and our veterans have to go thru what they do to get what they
need in life.. be it a job, a place to live, health care etc....

You served.. you are my brother... period.

So if any of our vets got offended by my above post, I extend my apologies...

transients by choice, vs veterans down on their luck, when their nation won't take care of them and their needs
is two different things, entirely....

and a public "Thank you" to 'Brian' for bringing this over sight to my attention...

Last edited by Seafire; 04/05/18. Reason: needed addendum.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bump

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Huddling masses, yearning to breathe free...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Fantastic!!!!

My fav!

[Linked Image]

If that was parked by a river I would expect to see Bristoe lounging nearby? smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ranger, I've seen 'bum/squatter camps' the likes of that before, but not really ever in Boston. If I were to hazard a guess, I think it's because of a few things. First, the state and city offer lots of options that 'homeless' persons can utilize. There are several shelters in the city proper, including ones for veterans, women, women with kids, younger homeless people as well as general shelters. In addition, it is my understanding that the city has been shelling out all kinds of money to rent out motels/hotels to house the overflow when the shelters are full up. So, if the city will put these types up, they don't need to set up an outdoors bum camp. Big investment on these shytbirds that the taxpayers will never see a return on. One caveat though as far as gaining entrance to a shelter: they won't let people who appear high on drugs or have been drinking in any of them, and if what I've been told is correct, they are strict about this. Which explains why you will see bums/junkies sleeping on the sidewalk, on steam grates, in alleys and in business entrances (when the stores are closed).

I suspect that another reason you don' see bum camps in Boston is not only authorities breaking up said camps, but *citizens* living in parts of the city where these kinds of bum camps might be found would take it upon themselves to make it known to those playing the urban wild Indian game, that if they choose to stay, they'd wish they hadn't. The bums aren't the only ones who know how to use matches... In the very few instances where I've seen an encampment start to form with more than a single inhabitant, the city has stepped in quickly and dispersed the 'residents' as well as their 'camp crap'. Not good for tourism, wot? wink

Having looked a bit, it seems that Boston and SF have very similar city stats, including numbers of homeless. So why then does SF have places such as the ones you showed, and Boston, to the best of my knowledge and experience, doesn't? It's not because we have fewer shiftless, deadbeat druggie losers. We have plenty, and they can be seen alternately begging, sleeping on the sidewalks and doing the oxy-zombie stumble, but again, for whatever reason, even in the warm weather months the kinds of well populated bum setups the likes of which you've shown just don't happen, as I think even in this east coast liberal haven, people draw the line at good for nothing, shiftless, drugged out and drunken bums living in filth in makeshift camps. Stagger down the street howling at the moon? Fine, just don't touch me and keep moving and we're OK. Try to set up a shopping cart camp with cardboard and pallets and open fires and tarps? Oh, no you don't.

Hey Slumlord, tell me more about this $100 soup. I've never heard of such a thing, so I'm really intrigued. How many critter heads does it come with per bowl? Any less than five and I'll feel like maybe it's overpriced..

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Slummy is just jealous that he didn't grow up in a such a nice home as those posted.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
[Linked Image]

If I slept in that van I would be crippled , the wheel off causing the whole thing to lean and all.....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 204guy, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,945
Posts18,480,184
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.