-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
OP Offline
P
I have two consecutive number, model 70 , Classic SS , black synthetic stock , 375 H&H 24 inch barrel , Winchesters I'm selling . G310303 and 302. Original Boxes , still have trigger tags on them . Unfired . Ultra rare find . Forsale . If anyone is looking to hunt Africa , Alaska , husband wife , father son , or just because you can't find them your in luck .

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Post them in the classifieds but be prepared for lots of "questions." lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Will you sell them separately? PM me your price.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Pictures will help

DF

P
OP Offline
P
I'm going to keep them together for now. I'm up there on the price but I know that there's none out there to buy that are new . 4500.00 for the both or best offer . If by chance anyone is interested get me an email and I'll send the pics . They won't load here

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Good luck on your sale.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
You may be better off putting them on GunBroker, etc.

New, previously unknown Fire contributors who start out on the Classifieds can count on getting grilled.

Fire contributors can act pretty suspicious about such as that. And, not without cause.

As posted earlier, be prepared for lots of "questions".

Strictly a courtesy "head up"...

DF

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Does the price include a trip to Africa?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I'm not sure about collector value, even NIB/consecutive serial numbers.

To me, those are shooters. The barrels, IMO, are too heavy, need chop/flute treatment like this one. Those barrels are too good to discard.

BTW, this one is G356XXX.

DF

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 04/05/18.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
How much weight did it lose with the fluting? I agree with your sentiments. Mine is a real shooter, and the weight makes it a real joy for rapid fire. All the same, it could lose a pound or two.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pabucktail
How much weight did it lose with the fluting? I agree with your sentiments. Mine is a real shooter, and the weight makes it a real joy for rapid fire. All the same, it could lose a pound or two.

The best place to reduce weight is furthest from the 'fulcrum', if balance is what you're seeking. I was very surprised...and pleased... by the way mine has been improved by taking a few off the outer end.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Post "surgery", this one balances at the front of the action. The big Victory scope takes it to 9#'s. With a 1.5-5x20, probably a tad over 8 1/2 #'s, raw gun in the high 7's.

It's estimated that deep flutes will remove around 6 oz. In this case Karl, www.kampfeldcustom.com/ had to dodge NECG irons, did 5 vs. 6 flutes, so maybe a tad less. 3" of that heavy barrel made a lot of difference. Before, balance was way forward, handled like a club. Winchester had the same contour with their Classic big guns, .458, .416 and .375. Of course, the .375, with the smallest bore, left the most steel/weight in the barrel. Don't know how many oz per inch with that big, heavy tube, but probably a good many.

I like the fast handling now compared to before. And, I don't want a .375 H&H much lighter than this. This one packs well, shoots great. As posted earlier, those NH barrels shoot very well, too good to replace, IMO.

DF

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Post "surgery", this one balances at the front of the action. The big Victory scope takes it to 9#'s. With a 1.5-5x20, probably a tad over 8 1/2 #'s, raw gun in the high 7's.

It's estimated that deep flutes will remove around 6 oz. In this case Karl, www.kampfeldcustom.com/ had to dodge NECG irons, did 5 vs. 6 flutes, so maybe a tad less. 3" of that heavy barrel made a lot of difference. Before, balance was way forward, handled like a club. Winchester had the same contour with their Classic big guns, .458, .416 and .375. Of course, the .375, with the smallest bore, left the most steel/weight in the barrel. Don't know how many oz per inch with that big, heavy tube, but probably a good many.

I like the fast handling now compared to before. And, I don't want a .375 H&H much lighter than this. This one packs well, shoots great. As posted earlier, those NH barrels shoot very well, too good to replace, IMO.

DF

What height Talleys are on that rifle pictured? I'm shopping rings for mine.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by pabucktail

i
The best place to reduce weight is furthest from the 'fulcrum', if balance is what you're seeking. I was very surprised...and pleased... by the way mine has been improved by taking a few off the outer end.

I agree. I chopped several inches off mine years ago and put it in a McMillan Supergrade pattern. I'd still be happy with lighter though.

Last edited by pabucktail; 04/06/18.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RHutch
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

What height Talleys are on that rifle pictured? I'm shopping rings for mine.

Low Warne Maxima QD rings on steel Maxima bases. I find it easier to re-attach a scope with Weaver type bases than with Talley bases. Removing the scope, about a wash.

BTW, the low Talley QD rings are .300", these Warne QD's are .250". Classic style stock without Monte Carlo or cheek piece, low rings are the way to go, IMO. It's easier to see irons with a classic style stock.

I do like Talley rings, have them on other guns.

DF

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,519
Posts18,509,632
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.