Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
WTH would Victor Hansen know, we have Leroy, Guntruck, Paddler and Jell0.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sounds like Aurora, Colorado. Reconquista is what I think it is called.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
About 6% of Montana is Native American while around 13% of California is. No doubt Montana has some big reservations with the accompanying problems both on and off the reservation. As to federal lands - 46% of California, 29% of Montana. As to federal land taxes Montana gets around 27 million dollars a year from payments in lieu of taxes. The tourism at national parks in Montana generate over 400 million dollars a year in economic benefits for the state. It appears the federal lands pay their way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could you provide the link?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It’s not just California. A couple years ago my son and I were headed to the Texas coast to do some offshore fishing. I had the boat hooked up to the truck and we stopped in a town 50 miles south of San Antonio to get some food at a whataburger. I pulled parallel along the street and sent the boy in to get us food. As I’m scanning through my phone with the window open I hear a bell ring and I look in the direction of the bell. It was an elementary school right across the road. A hundred little kids come running out into a playground and I swear to you there was less than a dozen white kids in that 100 kid playground. Not saying I have anything against Hispanics but I was like damn..... kind of crazy that there are that many more Mexican kids than white kids in that community.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One thing that the Federal gov could to strike a blow against Democrats and California is to require that they fund the insane public employee pensions. Force them to pay for pensions now so that their employees will receive pensions upon retirement. Either use the average return of the last 5 years to determine what they have to pay for pensions or have them purchase annuities every year that will pay the fraction of the pension for that year upon retirement. The goal is to guarantee that these employees will receive their full pension upon retirement by forcing their employers to pay for them. This will force the Democratics who have bought their offices by pandering to public employee unions to find a way to pay for the pension now instead of someone else 30 years in the future.

Last edited by ConradCA; 04/05/18.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Sounds like we may need to Fence off California.

we should take it back, not give it away. get rid of the problem, not the land !

Exactly, we fought for that land at least once already. Looks like we will have to do it again.

If you cannot see the civil war coming, you are not paying attention.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The end of California will be in sight when you see J Brown & Co either hanging dead on the end of a rope or in a large pool of their collective blood in the gutter...and that is just the beginning.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
My computer just froze and crashed three times putting the links in. What I said is easily searchable. But I wasn't clear with my 13% number, I meant 13% of the Native American population lives in California. So what I wrote gave the wrong impression. But around 6% of Montana's population is Native American.

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
OK, guys. Here's what I think. Keep in mind I was born here and lived here all but one of my 74 years. Basically, what the article says is true except it isn't all like that. But it has largely changed into what he says.
What he didn't tell you is that many of our big cities have a lot more crime than we are led to believe. Lots of corruption as well.
But I think the biggest problem which needs addressing is the illegal voting. I suspect that's what has given the state's lib their lock on the government and it's policies. It is far too easy to register to vote. Anybody can because nobody checks the accuracy of the information submitted. The voter registration roles are not even purged with any regularity. Los angles county, for instance, cast almost 50% more votes than the census said they had registered voters...... My sister has been told twice now during general elections that she had already voted...... She was allowed to vote after complaining loudly...... Why do you think Trump lost by 4,000,000 votes, but only 2.5 million nationally ?
I pray that the Trump Administration is investigating this situation. In fact, I've often thought that our president makes many of his Twitter posts simply to keep the liberals from pocking around at what is being done behind the scenes. Let's hope so. E

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Despite assertions to the contrary on this thread, California is pretty close to a one for one exchange these days in federal tax dollars sent and federal tax dollars received. Further, as was noted, things are skewed in that the federal government buys so many of California’s bonds. And regardless of what it is, no one can argue that things are headed the wrong way. Literally thousands of middle and upper middle class people leave the state every week. There are rich people and there are poor people there. I read something the other day that said that 80% of California’s income tax revenue is paid by just 5,000 people. How long can that keep going?

Though we can see it coming, it is like a cliff. It isn’t going to be gradual. One day, California is going to drive off the cliff. One minute they’ll be driving along and all the usual suspects will say things are well, and the next they’ll be plunging to their deaths.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one thing he missed in the article were the tweekers and meth cooks in those small farming communities, which covers the small white populace in those out of the way places.

I have a much bigger problem with the middle class unemployed driving escalades and paying for steaks with EBT cards than the illegal food trucks on the side of the ride. I'll take someone that's willing to work in spite of the system vs. someone working the system any day of the week.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nice thing about living up here is the Meth is all Mexican Cartel meth.

Way more orderly operation. We dont have the meth labs anymore.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by trf215
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Good.

Cut off the trainloads of money that gets sent to the place. Eliminate its electoral votes.

What about the trainloads of money that COME from the place? They pay more into American than they take out. Were it not for California, Montana would go broke. And so would your state, Bristoe. Kentucky is a parasite on the rest of America. California is one of the few that is paying for you.

This is a flat out lie and misrepresentation, but that is the libtards bread and butter.

A large portion of the federal money spent on Montana is for the federal highways. Those highways are used to transport goods from the productive (flyover) country to the coastal (liberal) urban areas.

The welfare roles in Montana are a much smaller expense per capita than California. This despite being approximately #48 in wages, people here WORK 2 or 3 jobs to make ends meet.

So Leroy Beans spread your lies elsewhere

But the numbers show that Montana gets a much higher percentage of its welfare money from the feds than California does. Also Montana gets a much higher percentage of its highway money from the feds than California does and I'm sure those California roads are used to transport goods just like in Montana. So the per capita argument doesn't really tell the whole story. California might spend more per capita but it also spends much more of its own money to pay these expenses. While Montana spends less per capita on welfare it still depends on the feds way more than California to pay the bill.

State Fed. Sh. Public Welfare Public Welfare
Spending Federal Revenue

Montana 78.8% $1,545,178,000 $1,217,284,000
California 55.7% $109,031,702,000 $60,694,512,000

State. Fed. Sh. Highway Spending Highway Federal Revenue

Montana 64.4% $761,719,000 $490,914,000
California 38.6% $10,529,860,000 $4,060,307,000

SOURCE: Governing calculations of federal intergovernmental revenues, general expenditure data from 2015 Annual Survey of State Government Finances; U.S. Census Bureau

True, but there are reasons it’s higher. A large percentage of our population is Native American and a large percentage of land is federal. Think 20% vs California 1%. We have 7 large reservations, they are consumers not producers. When the feds are the largest land owners, they have to pay their share. They don’t pay local or state tax. Without the fed highway funds, it would be a slow trip through the state for interstate commerce.

Stormin'

Not sure how recently you've looked it up, but CA has a higher percentage of Federal land than Montana does. Various sources show it around +/- 48% for Cali vs +/- 30% for MT.

Look at pg 10 here:

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42346.pdf

More info on sites from this search.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=percent+federal+land+by+state&t=ffsb&ia=web

That's not to say I think the author quoted by the OP is wrong. It's just that many folks have this misconception that CA is all beaches, palm trees, cities,farms in the valley, and mansions in Beverly Hills. Close to 50% of our state is federal land, toss in the state land and the reservations/rancherias and we have a lot of basically "non-taxable" land. Yes, we have reservations too. Perhaps most are not large by MT, AZ, NM standards, but they're here.

http://www.kstrom.net/isk/maps/ca/california.html

Also from this website:
http://www.courts.ca.gov/3066.htm

"According to most recent census data, California is home to more people of Native American/ Alaska Native heritage than any other state in the Country. There are currently 109 federally recognized Indian tribes in California and 78 entities petitioning for recognition. Tribes in California currently have nearly 100 separate reservations or Rancherias. There are also a number of individual Indian trust allotments. These lands constitute “Indian Country”, and a different jurisdictional applies in Indian Country. "

Believe it or not folks, a big chunk of Cali suffers from the same problems as the rest of "the West". Plus, we may be the leaders in finding/using cheap immigrant labor, although many other farming/ranching/dairy/meat processing states give us a good run.

The problem is AMERICAN, not just Californian............ although with our political climate (on a statewide basis that is, not necessarily local) we certainly exacerbate the problems.

Geno

PS, without getting into the minutia of the numbers, it would be hard for me to believe that California does not "contribute" more in the way of funds to the federal coffers, given we are about the 6th largest economy in the world. Do we get back more? Maybe so, but "pork" happens everywhere.

PPS, as for the highways, federally funded ones that is? How much of the stuff the "flyover" zone buys at Wally's, Cabelas, Dollar General, those farm tractors from India, ALL those cars from Korea and Japan, etc come through the Ports of Long Beach, San Fran, LA, and San Diego? They hafta get from the ocean to the other parts of the country by going over Cali roads.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Geno,

Ya it is not a simple calculation and we could go back and forth all day on numbers.

But if you have spent time in both locals it just defies reason that Montana consumes more tax dollars per capita than California?

Montana is geographical is similar to Calif. in size yet we only have 1 million people, hell ,San Jose alone has that many

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
VDH is probably as astute as any commentator today. He brings a great historical perspective to current issues. His main point is that California now has a two tier system with different legal treatment for longtime residents vs illegal immigrants. The results are bad now and will get worse. California's current path is clearly unsustainable.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Cali isn’t even special in that way. Mexican meth is pretty much the only meth three days...everywhere.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"The End of California is In Sight!" ......we call that "The Beach" wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
It’s not just California. A couple years ago my son and I were headed to the Texas coast to do some offshore fishing. I had the boat hooked up to the truck and we stopped in a town 50 miles south of San Antonio to get some food at a whataburger. I pulled parallel along the street and sent the boy in to get us food. As I’m scanning through my phone with the window open I hear a bell ring and I look in the direction of the bell. It was an elementary school right across the road. A hundred little kids come running out into a playground and I swear to you there was less than a dozen white kids in that 100 kid playground. Not saying I have anything against Hispanics but I was like damn..... kind of crazy that there are that many more Mexican kids than white kids in that community.

90% Tex-Mex fifty miles south of San Antonio? Been that way as long as I can recall and I’m going on 35 years here. Do not confuse South Texas with California, the majority of those kids would be fourth and fifth generation Americans, Brown and White both.

The time I was in Southern California I was surprised at the sharp separation and dividing lines between Anglo and Mexican, here in S. Texas, more than anywhere I’ve been, nobody GAS about race, could be because most Texas Hispanics, regardless of skin color, check the “White” box on those forms.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great article, thanks.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,345
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.