Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I was thinking something cheap that would take glock magazines, shoot every time, and could hit a baseball at 50 yards. Something if stolen out of my car it would not be $2000 loss.

I get what you're looking for, and have looked for the same myself and tried the sub2000. It was miserably inaccurate for a carbine; I was able to score better at any distance just using a Glock instead. Since the entire point of choosing a carbine over a pistol is to extend your range, my sub2k was a miserable failure.

Originally Posted by dla

The only "problem" with sub2000-series is that Kel-Tec couldn't make enough of them.

OK fanboy.

The rest of us who pay attention know there are a number of problems with those guns. For example, flimsy plastic front sight, sights too low for most normal people to use, inability to mount optics without either negating the folding ability or spending as much as the gun cost on aftermarket parts...
And that doesn't even bring up the quality issues. Mine had to go back for a barrel replacement, brand new out of the box, due to a very obvious line of pitting down the bore that never should have passed quality control (if there was such a thing).

But yeah, the sub2000 is perfect. crazy

GB1

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
you know it must be sad to be you. A man that thinks a Kel Tec is handed down from the Lord has some serious mental issues. I do get it that Kel Tec is about the best you can afford so I am not really offended by your drivel, try to save up some money from your pizza delivery job and buy you a decent gun, there is a whole new funtioning world out there you need to experience when you mature.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This thread sure got emotional grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akpls
I have one of the Gen 2's and have shot the hell out of it with no problems. Folds down nice to fit in a backpack and throw in the car. Mine isn't affected by the recall according to the website so I'll continue to shoot it. I've spent money on worse!

Thank you. I have one also that works great and is pretty accurate. Have enjoyed using it. 2 of my friends have bought Sub2000s after shooting mine...

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My son has had one for many years now. Every time he and his buddies go shooting, the Sub 2000 is the most popular gun with the buddies. They like the novelty, but I like the compact size and reliability. It is very accurate at 50 yards with about any ammo. This is not a gun for everyone, but I really like it.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Wasn't the Sub 2000 the model assembled in the plant where all the workers were mentally retarded?

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by KMS
Personally, I think all Kel-Tecs are crap.

That's because you are very stupid.

And you're FOS! I have owned Kel-Tec pistols and yes, they went bang. But once I saw how cheaply they were made, I decided I didn't want to trust it with my life.

Kelly
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Wasn't the Sub 2000 the model assembled in the plant where all the workers were mentally retarded?

For the win!

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dla
The 9mm Glock magazine break in half sub2000 continues to interest me as an inexpensive however I just heard a rumor about a recall on most of notall of them they are getting ready to announce.

Is this some form of Yoda-speak?

The only "problem" with sub2000-series is that Kel-Tec couldn't make enough of them.

People say the same thing about HiPoints.

Kelly
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've shot about a dozen or so in 9mm and 40sw. all of them were more accurate then I ever expected them to be.i'm actually looking to pick up another one in 40sw that uses glock mags.i'll find one used at a gunshow for 250 or so. for that money they make a nice compact truck gun.folded it fits in my door.

IC B3

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by KMS
Originally Posted by dla
The 9mm Glock magazine break in half sub2000 continues to interest me as an inexpensive however I just heard a rumor about a recall on most of notall of them they are getting ready to announce.

Is this some form of Yoda-speak?

People say the same thing about HiPoints.

Maybe "your people".

The sub 2000 was super popular, which is why the prices are nuts.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by KMS
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by KMS
Personally, I think all Kel-Tecs are crap.

That's because you are very stupid.

And you're FOS! I have owned Kel-Tec pistols and yes, they went bang. But once I saw how cheaply they were made, I decided I didn't want to trust it with my life.

Yes, I'm sure you mall ninjas dislike Kel-Tec.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 29 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,746
Posts18,495,188
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.