Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bank of America will stop lending money to gun manufacturers that make military-inspired firearms for civilian use, such as the AR-15-style rifles that have been used in multiple mass shootings, a company executive said Tuesday.

The policy is the latest example of Wall Street wading into the divisive gun control debate after Citigroup’s announcement last month that it would require business customers to restrict certain types of firearms sales.

“We want to contribute in any way we can to reduce these mass shootings,” Anne M. Finucane, vice chairwoman at the Bank of America, said on Bloomberg TV.

The bank works with “just a handful of manufacturers,” with whom it has had “intense conversations over the last few months,” Ms. Finucane said. Their reactions to the new policy have been “mixed,” she said.

Bank of America would not name any of the gun manufacturers it works with, but its clients include well-known, publicly held brands. The bank will wind down its relationships with the companies that choose to continue making AR-15-style rifles and similar guns.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/10/business/bank-of-america-guns.html

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Bass Pro credit card is B of A will businesses stand up and move there accounts?..

Ted
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think I will be pulling out of BofA. I've been unhappy with them as of late.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fahq banks in general. I'm happy with my credit union.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by smarquez
I think I will be pulling out of BofA. I've been unhappy with them as of late.

There is no sleazier bank in existence.

Google some of the crap they have pulled and tell me why they are allowed to continue as a bank.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I use a credit union also.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Same bank that offered accounts and credit cards to illegal aliens without SS#.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Not a fan.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What you are witnessing is the Left winning the Culture War. Through their use of attack groups, they have corporations nervous about being demonized for sponsoring anything they don't like. As a response, they proactively are running from any issue or person that could make them a target of the Left's rate. B of A pulling out of the gun business won't even show up on their annual P & L, but they have bowed to the SJWs and firgure they have escaped criticism on the gun subject.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I say push more banks to do the same. Here's why..

B of A doing this doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of more banks that will do it. But.. if more banks refuse to support AR-15 companies it will create a counter-culture and currency system outside the banks control.

Boycott B of A, Of course!

But if we push more banks to do the same thing, maybe we can finally get pushed out of the marginalization that we have created in this country to keep everyone comfortably quiet.

The one thing banks and those that control you fear the most is you not using their money system.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What happens when your credit/debit card company limits or cancels gun related transactions. What happens when your insurance agents cancels your homeowners policy because of guns in your house. What happens when your health care provider cancels your coverage because they know you own a gun.

The list is endless.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Same bank that offered accounts and credit cards to illegal aliens without SS#.

I remember when Wacovia and Wells Fargo got a slap on the wrist for taking major drug money.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Just imagine if we had already transitioned into a cashless society, as the banks are pushing for? All they'd have to do is refuse to permit purchases of firearms, and there being no alternative to electronic bank money, no one would be able to make such purchases at stores. Folks might start bartering for those already in existence, but that would certainly end their manufacture.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krupp
What happens when your credit/debit card company limits or cancels gun related transactions. What happens when your insurance agents cancels your homeowners policy because of guns in your house. What happens when your health care provider cancels your coverage because they know you own a gun.
The list is endless.
Throw Molotov's into their Corp HQ?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FUUUUUCKKK YOOOOUUUU !

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Fahq banks in general. I'm happy with my credit union.

Only way to go.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
military inspired firearms.

lets see. Rocks. Bludgeons. Bow and arrow. Spear. Knife. Muzzleloader. Single shot rifle. Bolt action rifle. Lets not forget spec op use of 22s, and 22s as military trainers. And shotguns.

Thats not even starting the handgun road, oh I forgot, swords.

Dumb plucks, but thats actually not true because all of the above is what they want.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been looking for an excuse to cancel my American Airlines Citi card and my Cabela's card for some time now, and write a letter explaining why. Perfect time!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Publicity stunt...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Let’s not mention all the commercial loans they make to companies producing actual weapons of war.

Big League Virtue Signaling.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (222Sako, 219DW, 204guy, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.