-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think a lot of it depends on the camera itself and how often the thing takes a picture. I also discovered "AA" Lithium batteries this past winter and I feel the extra expense is worth it, at least in cold weather. It's been mentioned already but the "Dollar General" store brand of "AA" alkaline batteries give great service for the money, especially in the warmer months. Just make sure you get the alkaline version and not the cheaper non-alkaline ones that say "Heavy Duty" on them. I get 'em in 20 packs 'cause it's cheaper that way. Almost every cam I have out now is a cheaper model and except for one they all run on "AA" s . I always mark the date installed on the batteries with a sharpie so I can track battery life.

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
OK 😎

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I think Energizers and Duracell last the same , but Rayovac is a cheap Chineese made battery and nor worth the price. I use rechargeable Eneloop batteries except in the winter . The rechargeable dont seem to last as long and I have cams out all winter a long ways from home and way back in the woods so I I have not been there in 4 months so I use Energizers and buy them in 48 packs.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Alkaline vs lithium or NIMH... The alkaline might be rated with more mHa's but they won't last as long. An alkaline's voltage will start dropping immediately while the other 2 will hold a full 1.5V much long. Before long, the alkaline voltage can be down to where the device doesn't work even though there's lots of charge left in the batteries. The lithium and NIMH will hold close to a full 1.5v for a long time then drop off suddenly.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ihookem
I think Energizers and Duracell last the same , but Rayovac is a cheap Chineese made battery and nor worth the price. I use rechargeable Eneloop batteries except in the winter . The rechargeable dont seem to last as long and I have cams out all winter a long ways from home and way back in the woods so I I have not been there in 4 months so I use Energizers and buy them in 48 packs.

[Linked Image]

side note, looks like postimage.org has crapped out.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Duracell, then Energizer... and only Ray O Vac if that's all there is.

On the Candlepower forum (for flashlight geeks) their testing revealed the Duracells outlasted Energizer by a hair. But I just get a 36 pack of Rayovac's at Walmart for something like under $10.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I use the big packs of Kirkland AA's, seem to work fine

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I dont waste money on non rechargeable batteries anymore. I bought a bunch of 12v 9ah batteries and wired them into all battery boxes. I only have to recharge when I pull the cameras for the year. No more batteries dying randomly. Probably the best upgrade I've done in a while.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I did that on a couple cameras but some small rodents took a liking to the wiring and ate them. I have a bunch of Eneloops on hand now that I'll hopefully try this year

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Does anyone make an AA/AAA charger that will do 3 at a time? I have a number of devices that use 3 batteries. It would sure be handy to be able to recharge a set at a time instead of having to screw around with 4 at a time.

edited to add: I answered my own question. Amazon carries several that will charge 1 through 4 batteries at a time.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Does anyone make an AA/AAA charger that will do 3 at a time? I have a number of devices that use 3 batteries. It would sure be handy to be able to recharge a set at a time instead of having to screw around with 4 at a time.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BQ-CC17SBA-Advanced-Individual-Indicator/dp/B00JHKSLM8

Or if you want to go all out- http://www.mahaenergy.com/mh-c9000/

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 257Bob, 219DW, 65 invisible), 2,861 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,311
Posts18,487,258
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.