Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We got pasted pretty good yesterday. Looks like over a foot of snow and we're supposed to have more on the way. Walleye opener might be an ice fishing affair for most of our state this year. Trout season opened yesterday and the guys were fishing in a blizzard.

I worked till about 11 yesterday and then made my way home. The ride is usually less than 15 minutes, but it was over 45 yesterday. 10 miles an hour the whole way. Couldn't see much further than about 10 feet. Everyone was home all day yesterday. Nice to share a family meal for a change. My son and his beautiful wife, their equally beautiful daugher Esther, my daughter and her boyfriend Rykko, and Cathy and I. There's just something comforting knowing everyone's out of the weather and have no where to go.

I have to try to get to work at noon today, so heading out shortly to see if the old snow blower can clear the driveway or if we're going to have to call someone out. Good luck to all our fellow Minnesotans and any other members that got hit with this big storm.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Be safe out there.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I woulda called in sick. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Be safe!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Once again the storm didn't make it over the Rockies. Yesterday it was mid 60's and sunny with a light wind. We actually need more snow/rain. It was a very dry winter.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Once again the storm didn't make it over the Rockies. Yesterday it was mid 60's and sunny with a light wind. We actually need more snow/rain. It was a very dry winter.

Rock Chuck, I would send you some moisture because we are getting so much rain up here on the dry side of the state we can't get the spring crops in. It will rain and then clear off but stay cool. Every cloud that goes over this spring has to stop and dump on us.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Glad everyone got home safely. As Bristoe has alluded in other threads, happy to send some moisture to whoever is in need from Central KY. Gonna need a bush hog to mow the yard when it finally dries out. Calling for two more days of rain and possibility of snow showers during day on Monday.

STILL waiting for global warming to kick in...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just south of you in the NW corner of Iowa and we had snow coming down sideways at 40 per for about ten hours. At some point yesterday, our neighbor, SD, issued a warning for $1000 fines being levied for being on the roads (maybe that was interstate 90).

Springtime in the upper Midwest is like a weather buffet, except you don’t get to choose.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's a good day when the family is safe.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We had plenty come over the Rockies a few days ago. We got between 8" and a foot and terrible roads. Now it is mostly sunny and melting fast.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
16.6 - Victoria
15.5 - Northeast Minneapolis
14 - Arden Hills, St. Anthony, St. Louis Park
13.8 - North St. Paul, South Minneapolis
13.2 - St. Paul
13 - Plymouth, Mounds View, Hopkins, Ham Lake, Vadnais Heights
12.5 - New Brighton, Farmington, Crystal
12 - Eagan, Chanhassen, Bloomington
11.5 - Shoreview, Savage
11 - Richfield, White Bear Lake
10.5 - Carver, Prior Lake, Maplewood
10 - Chaska, Circle Pines, Maple Grove

Ahh...doncha love springtime.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
George , how deep did it get in your local area ?

around a foot and a half here , with lots of drifting

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just came in from doing the driveway. First time I ever went through an entire tank of gas on the blower. Drifts were 3 feet or so. The young uns get to shovel the stuff out from under the wheels and brush off Momma's car. They look thrilled.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think that they can even get the news people out to report on it in NE Wisconsin. They are calling this one the storm of the century with the two day total the highest in recorded history for our area. It has been snowing for two days already with a predicted another 17" to fall yet. Everything is closed including the highways. No weather wimps up that way, but this one is epic.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

How far off schedule are your spring HS sports going to be?

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Not a flake in Big Falls,close to three feet of ice on Rainy lake.Care taker job starts on the first,maybe go ice fishing.Dabble

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

How many major snow-storms/blizzards travel east to west from MN where GopherGunner is out to ID where you are?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just north of Green Bay here. Have on occasion had more snow in a storm here, but never with these sustained winds, haven't dipped under 25mph, been gusting above 50mph for 2 days and we will have at least the rest of today. Worst non-U.P. snow storm of my 52 yrs

Son is in senior yr baseball, have lost 3 weeks already and looks like at least another week without games. That sucks on so many levels

1/504 PIR
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow! That sounds like something we'd get up here. Don't know what we did to deserve it (or we'd keep doing it) but the way the low pressure moved through we stayed on the dry side of the dry line by about 60 miles. Not much more than a trace and no big wind. A little wiggle in the jet stream and it's all different. We are a little cooler than expected at 27°F right now.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Wow! That sounds like something we'd get up here. Don't know what we did to deserve it (or we'd keep doing it) but the way the low pressure moved through we stayed on the dry side of the dry line by about 60 miles. Not much more than a trace and no big wind. A little wiggle in the jet stream and it's all different. We are a little cooler than expected at 27°F right now.

I don’t know if it’s the Coteau or what the deal is but, Summit SD (I’m assuming you’re not far from there) is the doggone “Bermuda Triangle” of weather on the northern plains.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,767
Posts18,495,660
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.