Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
z1r Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Picked up a little used CZ 452 Style, Satin Nickel finish, synthetic stock, 3 mags and factory rings. Price was super. Got to get a recoil pad for it as apparently the factory pads were prone to deterioration. Looking like it'll be a Pachmayr D200B-BL. Just wish it were .75" thick instead of .500". Also need a suitable scope, 3-9x would be fine. Was thinking of a Nikon 3-9x40 BDC rimfire. Hope to get it put together by next weekend.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by z1r
Picked up a little used CZ 452 Style, Satin Nickel finish, synthetic stock, 3 mags and factory rings. Price was super. Got to get a recoil pad for it as apparently the factory pads were prone to deterioration. Looking like it'll be a Pachmayr D200B-BL. Just wish it were .75" thick instead of .500". Also need a suitable scope, 3-9x would be fine. Was thinking of a Nikon 3-9x40 BDC rimfire. Hope to get it put together by next weekend.

Why not get a .8" thick Pachmayr pad? Several styles are made in that thickness.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The Nikon rimfire scopes are pretty good, but FYI the W/E adjustments are coarse - they advertise them as 1/2" at 100 yards instead of 1/4".
Not a big deal for many, but I thought I'd mention it in case it matters to you.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Look at the Sightron rimfire with BDC.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
z1r Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by z1r

Why not get a .8" thick Pachmayr pad? Several styles are made in that thickness.

The ones I saw all have the metal insert which I don't really need.

IC B2

z1r Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Look at the Sightron rimfire with BDC.

Will do. I picked up a couple of S1's a couple of months ago for the Kid's .223's and they've been real nice, especially for the price.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
have killed a lot of squirrels over the last few years with a pair of 452 styles......have a 3x9 Leupold EFR on one, a Burris 3x9 with ballistic plex on the other. Good shooting rifles.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

============================================================

z1r Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FyrepowrX
have killed a lot of squirrels over the last few years with a pair of 452 styles......have a 3x9 Leupold EFR on one, a Burris 3x9 with ballistic plex on the other. Good shooting rifles.

[Linked Image]

Nice looking rigs. That is my plan exactly.

Is the one with the web stock a varmint version? The barrel looks heavier in the pic.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
both are sporters......never noticed before but in that pic the contour does look heavier, must be the angle.

The burris is a fullfield with ballistic plex, and its been working pretty well for me on there as a rimfire scope.

============================================================

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I've have always wanted one but have never had the opportunity to purchase one. Good lookin rifles.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I think you will be quite happy with Nikon's PROSTAFF 3-9 BDC Rimfire scope. Another brand new option for 2018 from Nikon is the P-Tactical 2-7x32 with MOA reticle. This is brand new for this year with a lot of upgrades and still under $180. You might like the lower profile of the 2-7x32 then again the accuracy of the 452 might warrant a look at the P-Tactical 3-9x40 MOA reticle scope which has 1/4 inch adjustments at 100 yards or 1/8 at 50. All 3 of these scopes can be used with Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program for increased accuracy. I am still searching for a 452 in a lefty model. On my 455's I am using Nikon's A-Series Med. rings.

I hope you'll post a pic when you get your rig all put together along with a range report?
Drop me a note if you have any question's about Nikon's newest scopes.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bman940
I think you will be quite happy with Nikon's PROSTAFF 3-9 BDC Rimfire scope. Another brand new option for 2018 from Nikon is the P-Tactical 2-7x32 with MOA reticle. This is brand new for this year with a lot of upgrades and still under $180. You might like the lower profile of the 2-7x32 then again the accuracy of the 452 might warrant a look at the P-Tactical 3-9x40 MOA reticle scope which has 1/4 inch adjustments at 100 yards or 1/8 at 50. All 3 of these scopes can be used with Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program for increased accuracy. I am still searching for a 452 in a lefty model. On my 455's I am using Nikon's A-Series Med. rings.

I hope you'll post a pic when you get your rig all put together along with a range report?
Drop me a note if you have any question's about Nikon's newest scopes.

Nikons are pretty lame.. Their BDC reticles suck as well.

I see in your profile that you claim to be in advertising and are a NIKON field tester/rep.

In reading through your prior posts, all of them are nothing more than blatant Nikon advertising .

So, in reality you are a paid SHILL. And your "recommendation" of the Nikons should be viewed in that light.

Last edited by jk16; 04/16/18.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thank you JK, I do freelance work for Nikon and do my best to pass along information about Nikon's new product's that might be helpful to the Campfire's readers. I do shoot a lot so that I can have a better understanding of how each scope works. I do not do any sales. As for the BDC reticle, I like it. My choice just as it's your choice to not like it. I have had a lot of success hunting using Nikon's BDC reticle along with Spot On to dial in my rifle, scope and ammo. It works for me and it obviously works for a lot of others as well. Because the BDC circles are not for everyone Nikon has many different reticle/scope option's available, maybe even something that would work for you. I'm not hiding anything, just trying to tell guys about option's that might work for their needs. At the end of the day, I encourage anyone looking for a scope to look through the tubes of any scopes they are interested in and buy the one they think will work best for their needs.

Last edited by bman940; 04/17/18. Reason: error
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Clearidge,Leupold or Weaver would be where I would be putting my money. With Weaver,you want a Japanese made one. The Clearidge is Japanese made too.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've got a couple Nikon scopes, one has the BDC reticle, and I surely did not want another. I don't know who their engineers are, but they damned straight need some real-world experience.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
z1r Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Interestingly, I have two Nikons with the BDC Reticles and I find them to be very easy to use. I admit, I was put off at first by the 1/2" adjustments on the Rimfire version, but I think I may pick one up to try anyway.

Anyway, recoil pad is on the way, and I used the recent Parallax adjustment thread to modify a Sightron 3-9x40 I had on hand. Will report back when I get it all together.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
As I have been saying, Nikon understands that the BDC reticle is not for everyone and that is why they came out with 21 new rifle scopes for 2018. A lot of great upgrades and MOA/MRAD reticle option's that you guys have been asking for. Now you have the choices you want at prices that did not increase. Check out the new M-Tactical and P-Tactical lines from Nikon. I have yet to put any rounds under these new scopes but checking them out at SHOT Show and hearing comment's from others they should do well for those not wanting the BDC reticle. All these scopes can be dialed in using Spot On as well.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bman940
Thank you JK, I do freelance work for Nikon and do my best to pass along information about Nikon's new product's that might be helpful to the Campfire's readers. I do shoot a lot so that I can have a better understanding of how each scope works. I do not do any sales. As for the BDC reticle, I like it. My choice just as it's your choice to not like it. I have had a lot of success hunting using Nikon's BDC reticle along with Spot On to dial in my rifle, scope and ammo. It works for me and it obviously works for a lot of others as well. Because the BDC circles are not for everyone Nikon has many different reticle/scope option's available, maybe even something that would work for you. I'm not hiding anything, just trying to tell guys about option's that might work for their needs. At the end of the day, I encourage anyone looking for a scope to look through the tubes of any scopes they are interested in and buy the one they think will work best for their needs.

You are a paid shill on this forum. Period.

Last edited by jk16; 04/17/18.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Another vote for the Nikon 3-9.

I’ve had this one for a few years now. No complaints.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yeah..Nikons are just "great".... :/th

https://youtu.be/egDvMh6h-kQ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 740 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.