Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Do you Know Marko has never responded. My dear friend JWP has. with PM's. We are good . Hell yes if John Parker has it wrong wrong I will jump on it. But we get over it. Friends never hate but to make profit from stealing is wrong.
Watched Marko on a cape buff hunt in Africa. Paid by Magnum research and the bullet maker and advertisement to the professional hunter. You build a garage and can go hunt the world, give me a break.

It was a water buffalo in Texas and he paid for it. Are you retarded? Don't answer that.

I thought this was an apology thread, what happened there???

Hmmmmm.....

[Linked Image]

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
….can some one print a program with a list of characters……this is like going to the circus and having all of the clowns refer to each by their stage names.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Summer Crow Kabobs

Ingredients
16 pieces of crow breast meat (no bones) (8 crows)
16 pieces of green pepper
16 cherry tomatoes
8 button mushrooms
8 ears of sweet corn
1 1/2 cups of Teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup melted butter
8 kabob skewers
Preparation
Cut each piece of crow in half and place in a covered bowl with the Teriyaki sauce over night. Clean and cut each ear of corn into 3 pieces. Cook in boiling salt water for 10 minutes. Alternately put corn (3 pieces), green peppers (3 pieces) and cherry tomatoes (3) along with 4 pieces of crow meat on each skewer. Use 1 mushroom to top each skewer. Brush with melted butter and place on preheated grill for about 4 minutes. Flip, butter again and place back on grill for another 4 minutes. Repeat one last time for a total of 12 minutes or until they appear done. Serves four adults.

Crow is always best served cold. wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Wow, has taken some twists. Bfrpooter, are drinking varnish or huffing paint? What are you even talkin about? This is epic!!!

Actually doing something usually changes a persons previously worthless opinion
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I had a drunk guy in the er once that only spoke russian. I understood him better than the derailed logic train of drivel coming out of bfrpooters mouth. Wtf?!?!

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I have no idea where this whole thing started. Only thing I know is I'd rather have Max here than BFR. Pretty piss poor to know the guy and don't have the balls to call him man to man and apologize. Pretty poor IMO.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
So let me get this straight. U bash taffin and max and then u think a waterbuff is a cape buff and now youre an expert on sponsorship and whos getting paid for what?!? I guess thats what happens when u live in the hills and only shoot lil animals and coons for the pot you have set up next to grandpappies still which evidently still works. Youre obviously drinking......alot!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Paint chips or lead solder in the moonshine still, the effect is mighty interestin'.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
bfr,

Could you expound on this please? I'm not fully understanding what you're trying to say.

Dave

PS-Isn't Taffin that guy that writes for Handgunner? I bet he's a real a-hole.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gmoats
….can some one print a program with a list of characters……this is like going to the circus and having all of the clowns refer to each by their stage names.

Readers digest version:

BFR shooter allegedly once hit a spray paint can at 200 yds with a 44 magnum revolver. Ever since then he's been proclaiming across the net he's THE world expert on revolver accuracy and has made claims that many folks have questioned and which appear to contradict most everyone else's experience and physics.

Anyone who questions BFR's claims or states their experiences that contradict BFR have been roundly attacked by BFR.

BFR is kinda, sorta but not really trying to apologize to one of the people he's attacked.

People familiar with the saga really aren't interested in a kinda sorta not really apology or strange ramblings from BFR.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
That was good!

I am in the process of writing a new book myself.

I hit a big assed rock the other day with my 629. It must have been 150 yards away.

It took quite a few rounds to get it bracketed. Sort of like battleship. Sooner or later you are going to get a hit.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 04/21/18.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few years back at the range there was a golf ball at the 50yd berm. Some guy seemed impressed with my shooting and asked me if I could hit it with my iron sighted 357. I think it took me most of two cylinders but I did hit it. With a modicum of skill and enough rounds fired you can hit things with handguns at "impossible" ranges. I never considered bringing it up because out of context it could easily come across as me proclaiming a level of skill I truly don't have, or complete bs. I'll gladly discuss repeated levels of accuracy that can be achieved with good guns and practice.

Hero/luck shots are just that and there's one I shouldn't have taken that I doubt anyone would believe. Let's just say that one can hit a small moving target at 250-300 yds with a 22lr auto shooting offhand with sufficient lead. On demand or repeatedly? Hell no.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We were shooting steel one day, and had an 8" gong at 300 yards.

I jokingly picked up my 1911 loaded with ball ammo, stuck the pistol out there one-handed, and fired. About 3 minutes later, we heard a "tiiinnnggg". It is/was my one and only attempt.

Should I start lecturing and charging for advice?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I think all the bad feelings started when max kept outshooting bfrpooter and was using magnum primers!

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Never happened. But long ago a friend had a Musket that would not hit paper at 50 yards. Minie ball was too small. I lapped the mold.
We were shooting 200 meters off hand at a gong. I shot and nothing. I turned to walk to load when I heard the gong.
Max was hunting with me when I watched deer back in the woods for an hour. Then the doe ran past, fast. Then the buck came and it was thick. I found an opening and shot him. 50-55 yards full run. 45-70 BFR. Max looked back to my stand and said "NO WAY."
I shot a big doe with my BFR .475 and she dropped close to him. I told him stay put, I am going to the bathroom and get coffee. He asked about the doe. I said OK, it is cold out. Keep hunting. Another day he shot a nice buck. I always put him in a good spot.
I made the mold for his .500 JRH. Shot a one hole group at 50 yards. I made a mold for his .500 Linebaugh too and still have it. He can have it any time. I will cut the handle groove to fit what he has. It is made for Rapine handles that I can't get anymore. Ray sold them to me for $14.
I made a transfer bar for his gun to get a light trigger, didn't fit right so I had to heat it---mistake. It broke. I had another that worked. I never asked for money for anything.
Max knows I tell the truth and will go far out of my way to prove truths. It can hurt some, darn sorry but I have never lied about anything. I admit when I am wrong and will apologize. I did so I ask forgiveness, not more bashing. I will go tooth and nail over a process that is dangerous or wrong, never a man but some take things personal.
You are kind of crossing the line. You do not know me. I did anything for Max and would for you too if you were close. Max can't pay for the hours I spent free. Weeks to make a cherry and blocks for a mold. You have no right to call me names. None of you do.
We can talk it out and I will never cry to a mod. Yet your PM's are getting nasty.
Max can confirm all I said. A real man will come forward.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
458 Lott,

Thanks for the background info……it's been like watching a head-trauma-patient or Latka from Taxi trying explain physics and history simultaneously. The entertainment factor's been high. Thanks again for the background.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I can always walk them in there but don't usually hit on the first shot. It's actually about 230yds.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never happened. But long ago a friend had a Musket that would not hit paper at 50 yards. Minie ball was too small. I lapped the mold.
We were shooting 200 meters off hand at a gong. I shot and nothing. I turned to walk to load when I heard the gong.
Max was hunting with me when I watched deer back in the woods for an hour. Then the doe ran past, fast. Then the buck came and it was thick. I found an opening and shot him. 50-55 yards full run. 45-70 BFR. Max looked back to my stand and said "NO WAY."
I shot a big doe with my BFR .475 and she dropped close to him. I told him stay put, I am going to the bathroom and get coffee. He asked about the doe. I said OK, it is cold out. Keep hunting. Another day he shot a nice buck. I always put him in a good spot.
I made the mold for his .500 JRH. Shot a one hole group at 50 yards. I made a mold for his .500 Linebaugh too and still have it. He can have it any time. I will cut the handle groove to fit what he has. It is made for Rapine handles that I can't get anymore. Ray sold them to me for $14.
I made a transfer bar for his gun to get a light trigger, didn't fit right so I had to heat it---mistake. It broke. I had another that worked. I never asked for money for anything.
Max knows I tell the truth and will go far out of my way to prove truths. It can hurt some, darn sorry but I have never lied about anything. I admit when I am wrong and will apologize. I did so I ask forgiveness, not more bashing. I will go tooth and nail over a process that is dangerous or wrong, never a man but some take things personal.
You are kind of crossing the line. You do not know me. I did anything for Max and would for you too if you were close. Max can't pay for the hours I spent free. Weeks to make a cherry and blocks for a mold. You have no right to call me names. None of you do.
We can talk it out and I will never cry to a mod. Yet your PM's are getting nasty.

Minster, I don't know you, but you suck at apologies. With this closing line, "Max can confirm all I said. A real man will come forward." You have in essence called out max, and said He is not a man if he does not answer. You are trying to force him to respond. Personally, I would write you off at that point and a waste of effort. You can never force someone to love you. This is closer to verbal rape.
If it is an apology, it has to be free, no excuses, no requirements. It breaks down to 6 words sometimes. "You're right, I'm wrong. Forgive me."

Make an unconditional apology, and move on with your life. If forgiveness comes, that's not up to you.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Good, guys do not know how far a handgun can shoot. You just have to love Hickok. Wish I could hold as good now. But you need to admit a .44, .475 or larger is not for 20 yards. Darn a .357 is a good long range gun. Energy might be wrong for deer but targets can be hit so far it is crazy. When I belonged to the club, 500 meters was fun. Why not 1000 yards? Jerry did it with a nine.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by kellory

Minster, I don't know you, but you suck at apologies. With this closing line, "Max can confirm all I said. A real man will come forward." You have in essence called out max, and said He is not a man if he does not answer. You are trying to force him to respond. Personally, I would write you off at that point and a waste of effort. You can never force someone to love you. This is closer to verbal rape.
If it is an apology, it has to be free, no excuses, no requirements. It breaks down to 6 words sometimes. "You're right, I'm wrong. Forgive me."

Make an unconditional apology, and move on with your life. If forgiveness comes, that's not up to you.

Force him is not in the cards. You said it is not up to me and that is true, I told the truth. Sorry, use me and profit, you are not a man. I never expect Max to respond. I have made too many apologies. The man has no respect for me. I quit.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

432 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 42 invisible), 1,544 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,238
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.