Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DryPowder
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Glad to see this scope is listed as a first focal plane. smile

I wouldn't be interested if it wasn't whistle

Does that matter on a fixed power?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Joke fellas.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think the Leupold 6x’s are good enough. I rather the 4x but sometimes folk opt for the longer tube of the 6x on long actions to get it closer to the eye. Many of these same folk rather the 4x too.

Honest to God, the 2-7 could be about perfect for most of us.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 04/18/18.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
Why worry about what others post with your record.

exactly why are you posting here? GFY rost, your the one that shoots deer all day long with a 223 at over 650 yards. BTW what is my record? pointing out all the BS you spread? What you don't know is all the PM's I have gotten regarding you in particular from those agreeing with me.

I think my post is frankly hilarious. EVERYTIME, and I mean EVERYTIME its asked about what a hunting scope should be, we have like 3 people who rant and rave about not being able to buy a fixed 6x scope and how no one makes them. The fact is first focal plane is even funnier, I do make this post as a joke and to point out that some of this stuff is just BS. However I do not want to hurt doug's sales efforts and I hope he sells the hell out of these. They look like a great scope, one I would never buy, The reticle should work great. Seriously I expect all those that complained about not being able to buy a fixed 6x scope should be buying this scope. I should go back and find all the people that complained about this. probably the same people making a stink about me posting this and pointing out their hypocrisy.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by SU35
A $2,000 boat anchor. No thanks, find me a m8 6x42.

m8 6x42 is going to be ~12-13oz's?

This one at 16.8....so 3-4 oz's more makes it a boat anchor?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Cameraland has just released a camerland exclusive fixed 6x scope. The email I saw says this is a camerland only model. Doug got lots of feedback here from everyone saying they wanted a fixed 6x scope. I personally think the fixed 6x deal is way way let me say way over represented. So here is your chance to buy a fixed 6x scope!!!! HERE IS YOUR SCOPE!!!! its your fault if it doesn't sell. Doug is doing exactly what you said you wanted. now go buy the damn thing!!!!! here is the link I expect them to sell out today. http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...;ca=0873bcdd-d71b-47b9-8f4b-f4e6da2d44b7

Why don't you go put some more RealTree stickers on your truck...
[Linked Image]

More of his "style"...

Last edited by pointer; 04/18/18.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It's no longer possible to tell who is serious and who isn't.

The winner is Doug. He does his best to fill whatever need emerges. If you want a 6X42 hunting scope with good eye relief, a great image with a No. 4 reticle to see clearly at dusk and dawn and in the shadows in the forest and reliable enough that it tracks well enough to sight in and then doesn't lose the zero on its own once sighted in, he will go to the Czech Republic and bring over some demonstrator Meopta MeoPro 6x42's. If you want a 6x42 with all the features a turret twister delights in, he will go to Germany and bring over the Schmidt & Bender PM II.

I have bought 10 Meopta MeoPro 6x42s so I have no complaints even if they are discontinued, which is why I have so many. If they are discontinued, as Zeiss, Kahles and Swarovski before them, I don't see a replacement coming out. One of the reasons is that when someone floats the idea of a new simple 6x42 with a No. 4 reticle at a reasonable price, someone else jumps in and says they would sell only about 20 scopes (by that reasoning I represent 50% of the market, which gives me some authority) and a 6x42 needs turret twister turrets, adjustable parallax and a Mil-Dot reticle in order for anyone to buy one, turning a scope that I would buy into one that I would not. Same people recommend the Leopold MK. 4 6x40 for hunting-a 20 year old marketing exercise by Leupold that failed-primarily because the market for twisty turrets, adjustable parallax and long range reticles moved to higher power than 6x a long time ago.

If the PMII 6x42 meets your needs, buy it while Doug's special run makes it available.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Mil-dot reticle? Yuck - I don't think that's what we've been asking for . . .

zackly

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by prm
Why even start a post like this?

It helps un-knot his panties. That and Midol.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Doug is doing exactly what you said you wanted.

Mil-dot reticle? Yuck - I don't think that's what we've been asking for . . .

Exactly what I've been asking for. YMMV.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by GrimJim

The winner is Doug. He does his best to fill whatever need emerges. If you want a 6X42 hunting scope with good eye relief, a great image with a No. 4 reticle to see clearly at dusk and dawn and in the shadows in the forest and reliable enough that it tracks well enough to sight in and then doesn't lose the zero on its own once sighted in, he will go to the Czech Republic and bring over some demonstrator Meopta MeoPro 6x42's. If you want a 6x42 with all the features a turret twister delights in, he will go to Germany and bring over the Schmidt & Bender PM II.

I have bought 10 Meopta MeoPro 6x42s so I have no complaints even if they are discontinued, which is why I have so many. If they are discontinued, as Zeiss, Kahles and Swarovski before them, I don't see a replacement coming out. One of the reasons is that when someone floats the idea of a new simple 6x42 with a No. 4 reticle at a reasonable price, someone else jumps in and says they would sell only about 20 scopes (by that reasoning I represent 50% of the market, which gives me some authority) and a 6x42 needs turret twister turrets, adjustable parallax and a Mil-Dot reticle in order for anyone to buy one, turning a scope that I would buy into one that I would not. Same people recommend the Leopold MK. 4 6x40 for hunting-a 20 year old marketing exercise by Leupold that failed-primarily because the market for twisty turrets, adjustable parallax and long range reticles moved to higher power than 6x a long time ago.

If the PMII 6x42 meets your needs, buy it while Doug's special run makes it available.

?

The Mark 4 6x40mm wasn’t a “failed marketing exercise”. It was built for an international military customer, and was never intended to be sold or available in the US.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If I were involved in long range hunting or target shooting, I would be well advised to take heed of Formidilosus's experience and knowledge. I am not involved in either.

I remember the MK 4 6x40. I had two of them and I am not an international user. They were listed on at least one website in the US. If I remember correctly it was SWFA. There was a choice of reticles including a duplex, which I find it hard to believe an international customer would select over a Mil-Dot. I know a duplex was offered because I owned one. I was told at the time that they were marketed to police as SWAT teams engage at shorter ranges than snipers. Leupold also addressed them in their FAQ's on their website, advising that the optics were essentially the same as the Leupold 6x42 and the MK. 4 10x40 about the same as their 12x40. This is a lot of presence for a product not intended to be sold or available in the US.

If it wasn't available in the US, that would make its recommendation even less useful. However, a quick web search showed a listing from Cheaper Than Dirt for a 6x Leupold Mark 4 M3 Riflescope Target Dot Reticle with a note that it is no longer available (no kidding). It is very difficult to reconcile "never intended to be sold or available in the US" with an offering at one time from Cheaper Than Dirt.

Last edited by GrimJim; 04/18/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't give 3.00 for a fixed 6x if I had to put it on my rifle.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by srwshooter

Well, then, don't buy one.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

I second that.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I second that.

Well then, don't buy one either.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by GrimJim

?

The Mark 4 6x40mm wasn’t a “failed marketing exercise”. It was built for an international military customer, and was never intended to be sold or available in the US.

Form come on now you of all people aught think this thread is hilarious, show a brother a bone😁

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I can live with a straight 4x.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Im sure its a fine scope but way out of this poor mans reach! Ill have to go with the Leuplod 6X

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I can live with a straight 4x.

That's what I have on most of my rifles. Makes a lot more sense at the ranges I usually hunt/shoot. Got nothing against a good 6x, I'm not a twister though.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (338rcm, 1minute, 222Sako, 338reddog, 264magnum, 64 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,541
Posts18,491,511
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.