Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Need one for a 6.8 SPC build I'm finishing up.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Probably have to wait for the next holiday.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah. That's what I'm thinking, unfortunately. Kinda chomping at the bit to see how this ARP 16" T-Scout barrel with the 3R buttoned rifling shoots.

Last edited by local_dirt; 04/21/18.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yeah, they usually go on sale during the holiday's. I ran across one locally and the guy wants $200.00 for it. I keep thinking, "damn I can get those for $179.99 on sale".... These guys that buy them on sale then turn around and re-sell them can make some money..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brownells has their G2S-E trigger on sale. As far as I know this is a special item Geissele supplies only to Brownells. The pull weights are identical to the SSA-E.
This is how Geissele describes the difference between their G2S and SSA triggers and I would assume the differences are the same with the SSA-E and G2S-E:
"The G2S is manufactured from the same tool steel as the SSA. Visually, from the outside of the weapon there is no difference from the SSA and the feel and reliability is the same. The G2S however has a different way of holding the hammer pin in place, there is no laser markings, and the parts are only spot checked for MP."

Brownells G2S-E

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Brownells has their G2S-E trigger on sale. As far as I know this is a special item Geissele supplies only to Brownells. The pull weights are identical to the SSA-E.
This is how Geissele describes the difference between their G2S and SSA triggers and I would assume the differences are the same with the SSA-E and G2S-E:
"The G2S is manufactured from the same tool steel as the SSA. Visually, from the outside of the weapon there is no difference from the SSA and the feel and reliability is the same. The G2S however has a different way of holding the hammer pin in place, there is no laser markings, and the parts are only spot checked for MP."

Brownells G2S-E

You may want to read the reviews on that trigger. It gets 4.2 stars. Not like the SSA-E, where you almost never hear complaints. They skimp on quality and many say they should have spent the little extra to get the SSA-E.... Just a heads up..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Here' some that I found:

SSA-E at JOE BOBS

I'd also suggest the RRA 2 stage match trigger that is on sale at RTBA for $89.99:

RRA 2 STAGE MATCH

There's also the RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger on sale for $89.99:
RRA 2 STAGE VARMINT MATCH

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I am in the process of upgrading to to a Geissele trigger for an HBAR. Why did you choose a SSA-E over a SSA? I was looking at a SSA, but now looking closely at the SSA-E .My use would be target and hunting. I just tried the stock combat trigger from Colt and it is terrible. I will need the large pin size for Colt lower.
MM879

Last edited by MM879; 04/21/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lighter trigger pull. SSA-E is 2.3# first stage and 1.2# second. SSA is 2.5# first and 2.0 second.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The SSA-E is 1lb lighter in weight than the SSA.

If you are considering an SSA you owe it to yourself to try a Larue MBT. It's as good or better than Geissele's with the exception of the Hi-Speed NM.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Get an SSA-E
Go to ar15.com
You should find some for $190-$195 shipped

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipme...-New-In-Package-195-Shipped/125-1760961/

Last edited by carlm; 04/21/18.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Lighter trigger pull. SSA-E is 2.3# first stage and 1.2# second. SSA is 2.5# first and 2.0 second.

Yep, I just checked mine a few minutes ago. Right on the money.. Great trigger for the money. However, for hunting and some target shooting, I wouldn't shy away from the 2 RRA's I mentioned above. Great price, but be warned they sometimes need some minor polishing to make them excellent. I actually just ordered another varmint match 3.5 pound RRA just a bit ago. Hard to say no to that price...

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Brownells G2S-E

You may want to read the reviews on that trigger. It gets 4.2 stars. Not like the SSA-E, where you almost never hear complaints. They skimp on quality and many say they should have spent the little extra to get the SSA-E.... Just a heads up..

You may want to read between the lines on some of those reviews. One guy loved the trigger but complained about no stickers? Another guy hammered a pin in hard enough to bend it? Another guy thought the first stage was creep and still another guy complained that there were no "dimples" to hold the hammer pin in, did he not read the instruction?

Careful who you base your opinions on. I've got 5 of the regular G2S's and have installed more. Never had a problem with the triggers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR

Brownells G2S-E

You may want to read between the lines on some of those reviews. One guy loved the trigger but complained about no stickers? Another guy hammered a pin in hard enough to bend it? Another guy thought the first stage was creep and still another guy complained that there were no "dimples" to hold the hammer pin in, did he not read the instruction?

Careful who you base your opinions on. I've got 5 of the regular G2S's and have installed more. Never had a problem with the triggers.

My thoughts exactly. And the guy who thought the hammer pin would "walk". He obviously didn't read the part about the hammer pin retaining spring an the G2S-E being a different design. Just look at the thumbs up or down below the reviews and you can tell who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Brownells G2S-E

I've used a couple of those. Great trigger for the money.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, they usually go on sale during the holiday's. I ran across one locally and the guy wants $200.00 for it. I keep thinking, "damn I can get those for $179.99 on sale".... These guys that buy them on sale then turn around and re-sell them can make some money..

That's pretty f'ed up, if you ask me.

I want another SSA-E because I just put one in another rifle and really like it. No flies on the RRA Varmint. Just like the SSA-E better.

I have a brand new ERA Varmint in the safe, if anybody needs one. I would be willing to part with it at the sale price I bought it for.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MM879

I am in the process of upgrading to to a Geissele trigger for an HBAR. Why did you choose a SSA-E over a SSA? I was looking at a SSA, but now looking closely at the SSA-E .My use would be target and hunting. I just tried the stock combat trigger from Colt and it is terrible. I will need the large pin size for Colt lower.
MM879

The SSA-E's typically go on sale around the holidays.

FYI- I picked up 2 large pin versions from Primary Arms last Memorial Day for $169.99/ea. The large pin are the toughest to get on sale. Keep your eyes peeled! If I see a deal on them, I'll post it.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks a lot, I'll check Primary Arms over the Holiday. They look like a good supplier
MM879

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MM879
Thanks a lot, I'll check Primary Arms over the Holiday. They look like a good supplier
MM879

Good idea. Suggest you use gun.deals, too.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Save yourself some money...........get a G2S & put a Wolff reduced power trigger spring on it & you'll have an SSA-E, but it just won't be certified.

MM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,567
Posts18,491,825
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.