Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CraigC
Dipschit Miner has lots of good recipes for crow but I don't think he ever got around to actually eating it. Wasn't going to anyway. He just likes the appearance of humility and accountability. wink

Give it up many have found me correct. You just spout incorrect things.

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
"Do you know a Rem 2-1/2 is a standard primer.Holy smokes dick Tracy. you are not using a mag primer."

Yeah I know. I generally use the CCI 300 or Federal 150. If I go down more than 1.0 or so grains I will use a Magnum primer.. With the 250 Keith I have went to 22.5 gr but with a Mag primer. Too much air space with H110/W296.

No a Rem 2 1/2=primer is a magnum equivalent primer. For you nay sayers just call Hogdon and ask them 913-362-9455. Stop posting inaccurate info.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Dipschit Miner has lots of good recipes for crow but I don't think he ever got around to actually eating it. Wasn't going to anyway. He just likes the appearance of humility and accountability. wink

Give it up many have found me correct. You just spout incorrect things.

The fact that you started this thread about "eating crow" and then went right back into your character assassination is 100% factual.

Originally Posted by jwp475
No a Rem 2 1/2=primer is a magnum equivalent primer. For you nay sayers just call Hogdon and ask them 913-362-9455. Stop posting inaccurate info.

I've never heard that. WLP's, yes but not Remington's. The WLP package says "for standard and magnum" loads. The Remington package says no such thing.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Just call Hogdon and ask them, it’s that simple.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Do you know a Rem 2-1/2 is a standard primer.Holy smokes dick Tracy. you are not using a mag primer.

In correct, here is an email from Hogdon.

es, Remington considers the 2 ½ primer to be used for standard and magnum uses.

Mike Daly
The Hodgdon Family of Fine Propellants
Hodgdon; The Brand That’s True
IMR: Legendary Powders
Winchester: Smokeless Propellants
GOEX: The Tradition Continues
Pyrodex
Triple Seven

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
"Do you know a Rem 2-1/2 is a standard primer.Holy smokes dick Tracy. you are not using a mag primer."

Yeah I know. I generally use the CCI 300 or Federal 150. If I go down more than 1.0 or so grains I will use a Magnum primer.. With the 250 Keith I have went to 22.5 gr but with a Mag primer.

No air space with 296/H110. That is correct but it is not corrected with a mag primer. Case capacity is where you change. Not the load.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

Do you know a Rem 2-1/2 is a standard primer.Holy smokes dick Tracy. you are not using a mag primer.

Mike Daly
Pyrodex
Triple Seven

And Fed uses a 150 for all .44 loads. Tests showed a CCI 300 is very good too.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Since there will be no feast of black bird, can we argue about twist rate instead?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Mike Daly
Pyrodex
Triple Seven

You have no idea what Federal uses as for as powder or primer.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
The Rem 2-1/2 is less then a WW primer listed as good for both. I found the WW LP good in the .45 colt but not a full mag primer or good in the .44. Neither is the 2-1/2 near a mag. I compare it to a CCI 300.
I have so many friends here that shoot a 2 " group at 25 yards and brag. That can be beat at 200 meters. How many have shot 500 meters or more? I shot the Ruger Flat Top over 600 yards in 1956. Broke small rocks on a RR bed. Had the ladder inlays on the front sight but long needed a lot of barrel. Sights did not work. What we did is see dirt puffs and adjust. All off hand.
Craig. tell us what you shoot. 200 meters with my SBH.

Attached Images
My 330 gr .44 at 200. .jpg (72.14 KB, 41 downloads)
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Mike Daly
Pyrodex
Triple Seven

Mr BFRSHOOTER.

As I said much earlier I stated I use standard primers in the 44 Magnum. I don't care whether it is right, wrong , inbetween, indifferent, horrible, or if it causes others to faint or anything else.
I also test and chronograph. Me making a simple statement caused me to get attacked. I didn't ask for help on this. Don't want help on this.
I appreciate your effort.
Now if you know anything about the 10MM and AA#9 and Hornady 180 grain and Hornady 200 grain XTP's and getting Hornadys listed charges in the case so the bullet can be seated without distorting the bullet nose I am all ears. I don't how they did it either.
Yes I am using Hornady dies which I regret buying. Yes I am using Hornady bullets.
The 10MM I know very little about.

Again thanks for your effort.

Last edited by glockdoofus; 04/25/18.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
My average with Hornady bullets was 3/4" at 200 meters. Then cast. Almost as good but you bluff. Tradmark never shot anything to show. Why do you not show? I had 2 shots left at an IHMSA shoot with my SBH. Shoot was done so I put a cardboard chicken at 200 meters and see them. your fear showing anything, just talk. I was shooting the Wichita 7 r and finished with the .44. Two shots in 3/4".

Attached Images
th_Wichita200meterchicken.jpg (3.71 KB, 46 downloads)
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

3/4” at 200 yards is .358 MOA at 200 yards with a revolver. WOW JUST WOW if you expect anyone to believe that.

None of which has anything to do with what primer is recommended with H-110/296.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

Mike Daly
Pyrodex
Triple Seven

Mr BFRSHOOTER.

As I said much earlier I stated I use standard primers in the 44 Magnum. I don't care whether it is right, wrong , inbetween, indifferent, horrible, or if it causes others to faint or anything else.
I also test and chronograph. Me making a simple statement caused me to get attacked. I didn't ask for help on this. Don't want help on this.
I appreciate your effort.
Now if you know anything about the 10MM and AA#9 and Hornady 180 grain and Hornady 200 grain XTP's and getting Hornadys listed charges in the case so the bullet can be seated without distorting the bullet nose I am all ears. I don't how they did it either.
Yes I am using Hornady dies which I regret buying. Yes I am using Hornady bullets.
The 10MM I know very little about.

Again thanks for your effort.

Welcome to my club. But sorry I do not have a small gun. I hunt only and never carry but the 10 is a great gun, You are not doing right with Hornady dies. They really work. Just figure it out. The inline seat die should not harm a bullet. Adjustments might be off.
Hard to tell of course but I buy ONLY Hornady dies.
What I have learned is legend but am the most hated person ever. Maybe it is why because I tell truth and never lie but will go far to prove a nut case wrong. Net sites are full of blowhards. I say to test and never listen to me until you see results. Yes I will find real facts and cut down false and will hurt those that want to be best in the world.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I use nothing but CCI 350's with H110 but some folks use standard primers to good effect. Just as some use magnum primers with 2400. The fact remains that the Remington 2½ is a standard primer and that's what Hodgdon used in their data and that is the reason for glockdoofus' comment. Some people just like to have something to argue about. Is it really worth bickering about???

The Rem 2-1/2 is less then a WW primer listed as good for both. I found the WW LP good in the .45 colt but not a full mag primer or good in the .44. Neither is the 2-1/2 near a mag. I compare it to a CCI 300.
I have so many friends here that shoot a 2 " group at 25 yards and brag. That can be beat at 200 meters. How many have shot 500 meters or more? I shot the Ruger Flat Top over 600 yards in 1956. Broke small rocks on a RR bed. Had the ladder inlays on the front sight but long needed a lot of barrel. Sights did not work. What we did is see dirt puffs and adjust. All off hand.

So we're arguing about group sizes on paint cans now? Interesting how you mutilate every argument to fit your same old nonsense. I thought this was an apology thread? Or was it a call-out thread? Or was it a defamation thread? Or was it a butthurt jealousy thread? Or was it a primer thread? I don't remember.

Oh yeah, three shots off the paper is a hell of a group. Where's the other ten that missed???

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Welcome to my club. But sorry I do not have a small gun. I hunt only and never carry but the 10 is a great gun, You are not doing right with Hornady dies. They really work. Just figure it out. The inline seat die should not harm a bullet. Adjustments might be off.
Hard to tell of course but I buy ONLY Hornady dies.
What I have learned is legend but am the most hated person ever. Maybe it is why because I tell truth and never lie but will go far to prove a nut case wrong. Net sites are full of blowhards. I say to test and never listen to me until you see results. Yes I will find real facts and cut down false and will hurt those that want to be best in the world.

If you're hated it's because you take limited information, apply retarded logic and reach faulty conclusions. Then you go on an incoherent tirade whenever your nonsense is questioned. Couple that with a massive chip on your shoulder, add a little bit of drunken schizophrenia, a smattering of butthurt jealousy and you have a winning combination.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I use nothing but CCI 350's with H110 but some folks use standard primers to good effect. Just as some use magnum primers with 2400. The fact remains that the Remington 2½ is a standard primer and that's what Hodgdon used in their data and that is the reason for glockdoofus' comment. Some people just like to have something to argue about. Is it really worth bickering about???

So we're arguing about group sizes on paint cans now? Interesting how you mutilate every argument to fit your same old nonsense. I thought this was an apology thread? Or was it a call-out thread? Or was it a defamation thread? Or was it a butthurt jealousy thread? Or was it a primer thread? I don't remember.

Oh yeah, three shots off the paper is a hell of a group. Where's the other ten that missed???

No the Rem 2 1/2 primer is a magnum equivalent primer as this email response from Hogdon clearly illustrates.

Mike Daly
Pyrodex
Triple Seven

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

3/4” at 200 yards is .358 MOA at 200 yards with a revolver. WOW JUST WOW if you expect anyone to believe that.

None of 2hich has anything to do with what primer is recommended with H-110/296.

Because you could never do it. Why did you think I tested for so many years. Did you read or do some work? I do not believe a single thing unless proven. Not a single person has made a bullet match mine. I buck junk. Read Taffin at 20 yards with a huge revolver in a Ransom when the gun is good to 1000 yards. But he shoots free factory loads too as does Whitworth. Never say bad or lose them. NOT ME. Not good and I will tell you right off. The worst thing is to suck and lie so you get more. Seen Marko test junk but never told the maker or posted. Ask about Freedoms and I will eat you up. But when you get free you never say bad. Send me a Freedom Baker and will see truth. To suck a butt for more is not my way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

None of 2hich has anything to do with what primer is recommended with H-110/296.

Because you could never do it. Why did you think I tested for so many years. Did you read or do some work? I do not believe a single thing unless proven. Not a single person has made a bullet match mine. I buck junk. Read Taffin at 20 yards with a huge revolver in a Ransom when the gun is good to 1000 yards. But he shoots free factory loads too as does Whitworth. Never say bad or lose them. NOT ME. Not good and I will tell you right off. The worst thing is to suck and lie so you get more. Seen Marko test junk but never told the maker or posted. Ask about Freedoms and I will eat you up. But when you get free you never say bad. Send me a Freedom Baker and will see truth. To suck a butt for more is not my way.

Can you provide some math on how you have averaged 3/4" at 200 meters???

As in, how many shots in a group. How many groups did you shoot. What was your best group. What was your worst group.

To have shot one 3/4" group for three shots at 200 m seriously strains credibility. I've known some outstanding shots that have shot that well at 100 yds so figure if one does enough shooting they might be able to pull that off at 200.

To claim one can average that level of accuracy looses any and all credibility as averaging that level of accuracy would require groups of 3/8" or 1/4" to offset the larger groups.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Your groups are BS bfrpooter. If you wouldve boight the new companion to the book you thought you had bought younwould see plenty of my animals. See, i actually own hunting property and can hunt when i want you old creep. I also travel to hunt. Sometimes it might be better to do that than eat paint chips and bitch online.

Actually doing something usually changes a persons previously worthless opinion
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 77 invisible), 3,081 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,622
Posts18,533,135
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.