Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Andy3
I run 3 different binos.....8x30, 10x42, and 15x56. I've swapped over to the Rick Young harness, on all of them. No worries about the round cords digging in, even with the 15x56's. I add the crooked horn bino shield, on bad weather days.

A neat feature of the Rick Young harness, is you can loop the harness around the objective end of the binos, when you belly crawl or go prone for your shot. Keeps it tight against your chest. Simple, but effective.

Andy3

How is the harness after wearing it all day, for multiple days in a row?

GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by bersh
I run 3 different binos.....8x30, 10x42, and 15x56. I've swapped over to the Rick Young harness, on all of them. No worries about the round cords digging in, even with the 15x56's. I add the crooked horn bino shield, on bad weather days.

A neat feature of the Rick Young harness, is you can loop the harness around the objective end of the binos, when you belly crawl or go prone for your shot. Keeps it tight against your chest. Simple, but effective.

Andy3

Never noticed any difference. But, it's usually pretty cold and I'm wearing several layers. Most of the time with a jacket. Haven't done multiple days in hot weather....so, over a t-shirt there may make a difference?

Andy3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bersh

Andy3

Never noticed any difference. But, it's usually pretty cold and I'm wearing several layers. Most of the time with a jacket. Haven't done multiple days in hot weather....so, over a t-shirt there may make a difference?

Andy3

Nope.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
AGC.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tag

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
AGC for my 10-x40's, Marsupial for the 32's.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I either use FHF or the Rick Young Harness.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Another vote for the Rick Young Harness. I use it with two binos, one is my Leica Geovid 10x42, the other a lightweight Leupold Rogue 8x. I have the quick-connect thingies on both pair, so changing them back and forth is very easy and fast.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rick Young for me.
I tried to like a couple of the popular products mentioned above but much prefer the simplicity and carry flexibility of the RYO version.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
AGC. I have one with the front pocket which holds rangefinder, release when archery hunting, and piece to mount binos to my tripod, side mesh pockets which has a lighter and wind checker, and a bottom pocket for compass, archery repair kit, small med kit, fire starting materials, and havalon blades, and finally a flat pocket on the back with maps, tags and licenses, and my tyto knife. The stretch fabric on the top is great for holding diaphragm calls.

I like that it provides full protection of my binoculars but is still easy to use one handed. Last hunting trip was super dusty, my buddy with the kuiu harness had dust all over the ocular lenses of his binoculars. Mine were perfectly clean.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My vote also for the Rick Young. Love the simplicity. I don't need a pack full of crap on my chest. Binos secured with multiple wear options - Rick Young harness does it all and does it comfortably.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I noticed that RYO also makes a neoprene quick-access bino cover now, to go with their harness. I will be trying it soon.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I noticed that RYO also makes a neoprene quick-access bino cover now, to go with their harness. I will be trying it soon.

I have one and it works very well with my 8x32mm

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Same. I have the neoprene cover. Does a nice job of protecting the binos from dust, debris and scratches

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Rick Young harness is great. I'm a convert.

I'm not crazy about the cover. I usually tuck my binos under my outermost layer of clothing for protection and reduce the bounce when I need to move quick.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane
Rick Young for me.
I tried to like a couple of the popular products mentioned above but much prefer the simplicity and carry flexibility of the RYO version.

You just like the free panic whistle.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by SKane
Rick Young for me.

You just like the free panic whistle.
[Linked Image]

laugh laugh

That was indeed the deal-sealer.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I"m a RYO fan too, but I also really like the AGC system.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My buddy has always used the Badlands with the magnetic closure. Anyone else tried it and compared with the ones listed?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
AGC for me too, I use a Kodiak cub and a kiss. The rain cover works awesome for me since I spend a fair bit of time hunting and scouting in SW Alaska. I like being able to keep a few extra things in the pouches in case I want to drop my pack for a stalk or something. I usually keep a lighter, rangefinder, havalon knife and a few extra rounds in it. I’ve also found that I can set it up well with my gunfighters inc kenai chest rig so they don’t interfere with each other even if I’m wearing a pack.

The Rick young thing looks cool but it’s just too rainy and brushy where I hunt, that thing would never work for me.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 16gage, 1234, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,430
Posts18,470,780
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.