Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Call Hogdon 913-362-9455, they only recommend a mag primer for H-110/296. The online data shows a Rem 2 1/2 primer which is the equivalent of a mag primer.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by jwp475

Call Hogdon 913-362-9455, they only recommend a mag primer for H-110/296. The online data shows a Rem 2 1/2 primer which is the equivalent of a mag primer.

I guess I will continue to be an "idiot" because I will continue to use Fed 150, CCI 300 primers with H110/W296. I have used many CCI350 primers years ago. And with the standard primers with near or full power loads of the aforementioned powders the standard primers do just fine. And yes I do own a chronograph. I have chronoed CCI300's and CCI350's with the other components being the same as saw almost no difference in velocity with ES and SD being lower with the standard.
it is good to know I am already branded as "idiot" so soon after joining this forum. I guess no one else, ever at anytime, steps outside data supplied by the loading companies.
I had been told by several loading gurus over the years that the Rem 2 1/2 primers are standard.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you ever used an H-110 load in low temperatures with a std primer? I haven't seen an accuracy or velocity difference with either Fed 150 or CCI 350's with a ~21 gr charge of H-110 in a 44 mag or 480, but I have experienced delayed ignition with the std primers when the mercury drops.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Have you ever used an H-110 load in low temperatures with a std primer? I haven't seen an accuracy or velocity difference with either Fed 150 or CCI 350's with a ~21 gr charge of H-110 in a 44 mag or 480, but I have experienced delayed ignition with the std primers when the mercury drops.

No I haven't. But I Don't chrono in zero temps either. I know after leaving gun and ammo in my vehicle in mid 20 degree weather all night I haven't seen any in the firing of but I used pretty close to full power with that powder.
Now if I were going to go more than maybe 1.0 gr below max load I would used a Win LP. but that would be it.

Last edited by glockdoofus; 04/23/18.

HE MENTORS ME.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by glockdoofus

I guess I will continue to be an "idiot" because I will continue to use Fed 150, CCI 300 primers with H110/W296. I have used many CCI350 primers years ago. And with the standard primers with near or full power loads of the aforementioned powders the standard primers do just fine. And yes I do own a chronograph. I have chronoed CCI300's and CCI350's with the other components being the same as saw almost no difference in velocity with ES and SD being lower with the standard.
it is good to know I am already branded as "idiot" so soon after joining this forum. I guess no one else, ever at anytime, steps outside data supplied by the loading companies.
I had been told by several loading gurus over the years that the Rem 2 1/2 primers are standard.

Like I said no load data recommends any primer that isn’t a mag or equivalent primer. The WLP is a mag equivalent primer. Going against established load data isn’t ever recommended. But apparently you are smarter than Hogdon.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Like I said no load data recommends any primer that isn’t a mag or equivalent primer. The WLP is a mag equivalent primer. Going against established load data isn’t ever recommended. But apparently you are smarter than Hogdon.

Never said I was smarter than Hodgdon. I am sorry If I offended you. Don't know you. I made a statement as to what I do. Right or wrong. As with any data by anyone including the loading companies one must make decisions to follow or not. As a general rule I follow the loading companies but not on this.
Again I am sorry to have offended you or anyone else on here. As I stated I am sure I am the only one who has every not followed load company data in any way.

HE MENTORS ME.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

Enlighten me.

You have been. Look at the data. Please. You will be enlightened.

Snap a pic from that manual for those of us that need “enlightenment “. Seems that all available information is running counter to your thoughts on the matter.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Only an idiot would use standard primers with H110.

I have used standard primers with H110 also. Is Remington 2 12 primers standard? I don't care what bfrshooter recommends. We should each do what we think is safe with good results. I peruse load data quite stringently.
Didn't know anyone else uses standard primers

You peruse the Manuel’s stringently? Just to ignored them apparently!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That guy's a doofus.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Never said I was smarter than Hodgdon. I am sorry If I offended you. Don't know you. I made a statement as to what I do. Right or wrong. As with any data by anyone including the loading companies one must make decisions to follow or not. As a general rule I follow the loading companies but not on this.
Again I am sorry to have offended you or anyone else on here. As I stated I am sure I am the only one who has every not followed load company data in any way.

If you ignore the data your actions indicate that you believe you are smarter. Call Hogdon as they say the Rem 2 1/2 primer in mag equivalent and is rated to -20 below.

Hogdon 913-3629456 they are very friendly.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

If you ignore the data your actions indicate that you believe you are smarter. Call Hogdon as they say the Rem 2 1/2 primer in mag equivalent and is rated to -20 below.

Hogdon 913-3629456 they are very friendly.

I have no reason to doubt you. Why would I? Using a different primer with that powder in the 44 Mag doesn't mean I am in a habit of ignoring all published data. Just in this case.

HE MENTORS ME.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have used standard primers with H110 also. Is Remington 2 12 primers standard? I don't care what bfrshooter recommends. We should each do what we think is safe with good results. I peruse load data quite stringently.

He did what to Manuel? Does Jose know? What about Jesus?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Dam auto correct got me. LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
This thread should be titled “Days of Our Lives Lost” 😎

I was thinking "as the stomach turns"

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by Beaver10
This thread should be titled “Days of Our Lives Lost” 😎

I was thinking "as the stomach turns"

So it WAS John’s Mother’s Brother’s other childs second son that was using standard primers.......the basturd

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dam auto correct got me. LOL

laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Crow Pie:

1 crow
stuffing of your choice
salt and pepper
shortening
flour
2 Pie crust mixes
2-3 hard-boiled eggs

Stuff the crow. Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through.
Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from bones and set aside.
Prepare pie crusts as directed. (Do not bake)
Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in which the crow has cooked and let cool.
Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled egg. Place crow meat on top. Layer gravy over the crow. Place second pie dough crust over top.
Bake at 450 degrees for 1/2 hour.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dipschit Miner has lots of good recipes for crow but I don't think he ever got around to actually eating it. Wasn't going to anyway. He just likes the appearance of humility and accountability. wink

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Mike74

He did what to Manuel? Does Jose know? What about Jesus?

Do you know a Rem 2-1/2 is a standard primer.Holy smokes dick Tracy. you are not using a mag primer.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
"Do you know a Rem 2-1/2 is a standard primer.Holy smokes dick Tracy. you are not using a mag primer."

Yeah I know. I generally use the CCI 300 or Federal 150. If I go down more than 1.0 or so grains I will use a Magnum primer.. With the 250 Keith I have went to 22.5 gr but with a Mag primer. Too much air space with H110/W296.

HE MENTORS ME.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 3,029 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,195
Posts18,503,558
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.