Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have one of these and am pleased. I have a fair bit of their stuff and am pleased with all of it.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware/bottles/RTIC-18oz-Bottle

Conduct is the best proof of character.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
16 oz, mainly for fishing and hunting..more to keep liquids hot rather than cold....any suggestions appreciated

Seriously, 16 ounces?

Plan on spilling at least 4oz of those (if you are active), before it reaches the lips.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The most important thing for me is "Made in the U.S.A" No chi-com junk.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can probably get a good deal on a yeti right now....shot once with a 26 nosler or some other exotic cartridge to use as a straw hole wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jdunham
Never had any luck with Stanley, probably China models from the sound of it. I have a Nissan that has been the best I have used.

One thing we did with our Stanleys was to preheat em with some hot water before filling during the winter months.

Stanley and Coleman with the glass liners were our only choices back then.

Sheesh.....just saying that makes me feel old. frown

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My old GOTT thermos works pretty well for me.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I have a Nissan and an old Stanley. The Nissan has always been better.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have two stanleys. Both at least 20 yrs old. last forever. a used us made one is better than anybodys commie crap

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rong
I have a Stanley,but it was made in the USA,probably 30 yrs old.I f I make coffee in the am,it's usually warm till 2-3 pm.The ones that are out now are made in China.
I always look at yard sales ,Ebay etc... looking for another American made one.

Ditto on the yard sales. Just make sure they don't smell musty from someone forgetting to empty them until it's too late. I still use some of the old glass lined Thermos bottles. They really keep stuff hot, but the down side is if you drop them, they're toast. I find them at the garage sales for .50 to a dollar. I have two older Stanleys that are my most used ones. They're all beat up from rolling around in the truck, boat, or blind but keep stuff hot or cold for a long time.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rong
I have a Stanley,but it was made in the USA,probably 30 yrs old.I f I make coffee in the am,it's usually warm till 2-3 pm.The ones that are out now are made in China.
I always look at yard sales ,Ebay etc... looking for another American made one.

Ditto on the yard sales. Just make sure they don't smell musty from someone forgetting to empty them until it's too late. I still use some of the old glass lined Thermos bottles. They really keep stuff hot, but the down side is if you drop them, they're toast. I find them at the garage sales for .50 to a dollar. I have two older Stanleys that are my most used ones. They're all beat up from rolling around in the truck, boat, or blind but keep stuff hot or cold for a long time.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a 16 OZ Stanley in the 2016, and it's been through two turkey seasons and two deer seasons. No problems so far.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've not found better than the old stainless steel UNO-VAC's.......not made anymore, but still available.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by slip_sinker
Yeti bottle. laugh

Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Yeti of course. grin

I hauled a Stanley with me for about 40 years.....never saw any reason to look any further.

F-ck Yeti..........https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180421/florida-alert-yeti-drops-nra-foundation

Wife received a Yeti cup for her birthday glad there was a receipt it was returned the next day.....

Last edited by coyotewacker; 04/25/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GrandView
I've not found better than the old stainless steel UNO-VAC's.......not made anymore, but still available.

Same here.
Mine still works great. Except for about 4 labrador retreivers back, one chewed the damn stopper. Teeth marks all pressed into it. Something to remember the ole boy I guess. crazy

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
Yeti bottle. laugh

Yeti of course. grin

I hauled a Stanley with me for about 40 years.....never saw any reason to look any further.

F-ck Yeti..........https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180421/florida-alert-yeti-drops-nra-foundation

Wife received a Yeti cup for her birthday glad there was a receipt it was returned the next day.....

Sarcasm.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by GrandView

Same here.
Mine still works great. Except for about 4 labrador retreivers back, one chewed the damn stopper. Teeth marks all pressed into it. Something to remember the ole boy I guess. crazy

gotta love them knuckleheads

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
Yeti bottle. laugh

Yeti of course. grin

Me thinks coyotewacker's a little slow on the uptake.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They should sell the Stanley with the big dent already in it!

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
How does a thermos know if it should keep stuff hot or cold ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For me it's a toss-up between Stanley and Nissan. I used to have a really nice 1.5qt old school Thermos with glass liner and metal shell with a red plaid finish I got from a gf for Xmas many years ago. I think she Indian-gave it to me because I haven't seen it for years and I'm pretty sure the last time I saw it was at her house.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,168
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.