Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ride along is more fun here :

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

The poor canuck suffered from involuntary celibacy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Canuckistan is nothing more than British-Lite. The worst thing that ever happened to them is they were able to successfully repel the American invasions during the War of 1812.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cisco1

The poor canuck suffered from involuntary celibacy.

I don't think that's the cause , otherwise we would have many more of this . we are all women's victims but we sob quietly and take the matter in our own hands.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TED338
This response is not unique to Canada, Look at video from most civilized countries and you see the same brave tempered approach. It is only American cops and similar types form Chad, Somalia, Nigeria, the cowardly types, that arrive as a group of bullies and thugs to execute rather than arrest. But than American cops "fear for their lives" and want to go home... after firing off several dozens rounds. Who would you rather patrol your neighborhood?

Stupid post of the day. Congrats?

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Watch the video of the arrest of the Toronto mass killer. I can't believe the cop didn't kill him. He tried several times to get the officer to shoot him They must have different training than US police.

Not really. Aurora Theater shooter was taken alive.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mac84
This response is not unique to Canada, Look at video from most civilized countries and you see the same brave tempered approach. It is only American cops and similar types form Chad, Somalia, Nigeria, the cowardly types, that arrive as a group of bullies and thugs to execute rather than arrest. But than American cops "fear for their lives" and want to go home... after firing off several dozens rounds. Who would you rather patrol your neighborhood?

Agreed. Clearly that idiot's never had someone point a gun at him. I'd be happy to take him on a ride along too. Only he'll have to agree to just sit there and STFU!

Last edited by Bobmar; 04/24/18.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Looks like he had Asperger syndrome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Originally Posted by Mac84

Agreed. Clearly that idiot's never had someone point a gun at him. I'd be happy to take on a ride along too. Only he'll have to agree to just sit there and STFU!

Laffin 😂....DEADTED338, Would be telling you how the whole police thing is supposed to work...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M

So according to you, shooting a terrorist who just murdered 10 people and injured many more is considered cowardly... Arresting the same piece of schiitt is "brave and tempered"..

Duly Noted.

crazy

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would have been more worried about a cell phone. Van can carry a lot of explosives, i.e. Oklahoma City. Back off and wait for cavalry.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not sure why they didn't shoot, but now they got a chance to figure out what the hell the guy was up to, and if he was connected to anything/or anybody.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by deflave

To think American and Canadian cultures are comparable is laughable. At best.

Their po-po has to lock and secure their sidearm before they go home for the evening. WTF does that tell you?

Pussies?

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Perhaps I should explain the perspective thru which I have formed my current opinion of American policing. My Father, one of my Uncles and my younger Brother, were all cops, about 45-50 years experience among them and we have all shared the dubious pleasures of being shoot at many times a days for several year stints. Being 71 yo I admit that these are different times, but the forces they were on were not Mayberry, two cop towns when they were active. Not one of them ever drew hia weapon, all were accomplished marksmen, and considered that one of the high points of their careers. So I spent many years hanging around cops, good and bad, and think our current crop is going down hill fast.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by 700LH
Almost 1000 killed by Police in the USA in 2017, 65 in Canada,..

Canada--36 million people

US--350 million people

Math is hard...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would have shot him just for looking at me. That's how much of a coward I am.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I think I can lay this to rest.

The Canadian coppers will probably operate along the same lines as our coppers do, they will shoot the living crap out of some poor schmuck that has mental issues and do absolutely everything they can to ensure the truly bad bastards survive.

Pretty sure it is not what the rank and file coppers want but it is what is foisted upon them.

But it is true that we get a bit pissy when our coppers shoot citizens...and down right ropeable when they don't shoot the bastards we dislike.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

somes up my other post on ct.
then canada is part of the commonwealth with different attitudes. Kind of like parts of the N.E.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
Perhaps I should explain the perspective thru which I have formed my current opinion of American policing. My Father, one of my Uncles and my younger Brother, were all cops, about 45-50 years experience among them and we have all shared the dubious pleasures of being shoot at many times a days for several year stints. Being 71 yo I admit that these are different times, but the forces they were on were not Mayberry, two cop towns when they were active. Not one of them ever drew hia weapon, all were accomplished marksmen, and considered that one of the high points of their careers. So I spent many years hanging around cops, good and bad, and think our current crop is going down hill fast.

Ok, just to be clear....you are 71 years old and you are talking about the experiences of your father and uncle. They were shot at many times a day and never drew their weapons. Respectfully, all I can say is that these experiences took place a long time ago and have little relevance in today's world. Why they chose not to defend themselves is a question only they can answer. Thanks for sharing your point of view.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
some years ago i had a good friend, now deceased from the upstate new york area. his brother in law, was in the local sheriffs reserve. I saw one of his sill targets he was practicing on, couldn't believe the two foot groups. Brother in law was a cop up in the northeast. My friend said he carried birdshot in his revolver. I couldn't believe that. In my case i ran patrol in a very big county, often out of radio contact. If i could have had a m249 at the time, i would have loved it.
Difference in attitudes between some cop in a dink n.e. town, and working the west.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,586
Posts18,511,109
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.