Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A young man with a shaved head I was making a deal with, was sniffling, and had a runny nose. I asked if he had a cold, he said, "No, I'm allergenic to cops, and women."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have a very bad reaction to stupid, hostile gunfire and pompous politicians.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Consider yourself lucky Richard!

Ironically enough I am allergic to wheat dust(and grain dust in general).

It will make breathing very difficult, thank God for Ventolin inhalers......

A cousin has farmed all his life, has asthma bad. They work it out. Just has to be aware all the time... harvest time isn't good for him at all. Thankfully I think they have less than 5000 acres anymore.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hay fever from hay is probably the worst of it. Driving anywhere in Montana during haying season is a pain for me unless I take something for it. I can recall my wife laughing her ass off at me while I'm blowing snot all over the place like a Gatling gun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Normal spring and fall allergies, worse symptom is my eyeballs burning out of my head. Has been this way for as long as I can remember. Wheat harvest when I lived in the Palouse in Idaho was pretty hard on me. No "Real" allergies like to meds or foods or bees.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Cats...BIG time! I can walk into someone’s house that has a cat and within ten minutes my eyes are red and itching and my throat is scratchy enough to affect my voice.

Years ago a friend and I were butchering a deer in his garage and when we finished we went inside to get a beer. After a few minutes his wife asked, “what’s wrong with your eyes?”

“Oh, y’all must have a cat.” Yep, it was a Siamese.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Iodine dye.
Poison Ivy.

The bigger problem is probably pollen. For years I have needed medicine from March through November.
Spring it is bad enough to frequently cause bronchitis.
Did an allergy panel with an allergist, nothing showed a big reaction. So no real help.
He did give me a nose spray that works some. (Worst one I have ever tried. It tastes like diesel fuel.)

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sagebrush pollen. We have several species around here. Between them, we have pollen from about Labor Day until early Oct. it plugs up my sinuses and makes my eyes itch. It's not so bad that I can't go hunting, though.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Poison Ivy/Oak

And Tequila

Tequila causes me to break out in handcuffs.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Ken,
The wife had a reaction one time with shrimp, but never again.
I think you are on to something about where they come from

tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Right now the tree pollen is making me miserable.

I have a food allergy to cantaloupe. It is not life threatening, but makes me sneeze and makes my throat itch. I can even feel it up into my eustachian tubes. It is a weird feeling when the inside of your ear is itchy.

As for animals, I can't deal with cats or deer. Highly allergic to both. I used to have a dog allergy, but I seem to be more resistant since having a dog at home.

I saw some others mention poison ivy. I can't deal with it either. Everyone can and will have a reaction to poison ivy, most get the oil off of the skin before the reaction starts. I have a cousin who likes to boast he doesn't take to poison ivy. He won't accept my challenge to rub it onto his skin and wait overnight before showering to see what happens.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I am not sure what it is but in April and September something gets me. I take zyrtek year around and it keeps me from getting really sick.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldJeepGuy
Work.

+1

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to have real bad allergies to the changing season in the Fall, over the counter meds did nothing. Then, I started taking a good multi-vitamin and Vitamin C (3,000 mg/day) and no more allergies.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 48 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,666
Posts18,474,725
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.