-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Getting ready to have Cerakote applied to my first rifle. I'm on the East Coast, but have no problems shipping across the country to ensure proper application.

1. How long has the Cerakote been on your firearm and how is it holding up?

2. Not that it matters, but I'm curious; for those who had it applied to the entire firearm, how many ounces did it add to the weight?

3. Who applied your Cerakote and would you recommend them? Also, please share the name(s) of any applicators I should avoid. A PM would be fine.

4. Are there any 24HCF smiths that are certified applicators?

Thanks.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

HR IC

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Eddie Fosnaugh.
Kampfeld Custom

Both do great work

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
http://www.fosnaughcustoms.com

Eddie has done two rifles for me and both were fantastic.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I had my rifle done by a local guy in my area. Done a fine job I might add. As far as how much it added in ounces, don't know. No before or after weight. It's not Rhino bed lining they are spraying on your gun!! LOL

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hired Gun here on the fire
Cerakote externals
Micro-Slick internals
He and his son have done 4 of my rifles.
Best I have ever found to do this.
AMRA

Molan Labe
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JerradPelzer
Eddie Fosnaugh.
Kampfeld Custom

Both do great work

+1 I have had Karl do several rifles and so has Eddie. In fact just got one back from Eddie that he did in a mix of 50/50 satin mag/stainless that looks terrific and might be my new favorite. Also have had a couple done by Jon Beanland, Jon's work is also as good as you could ask for. For quickest turn around though I'd go with Karl.

On the how does it hold up, the rifle that Karl built for me and Cerakoted has been my go to rifle for deer and antelope since he built it. It gets dragged around the Wyoming dessert every year and still looks almost new. The only spot you see a little bit of wear is on the floor plate and trigger guard edges are getting a bit thin but still holding up great. Karl also coated my KS .280 and it still looks like the day I got it back so really pleased.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Eddie Fosnaugh.
Kampfeld Custom

Both do great work

Avoid anyone in Kernersville,North Carolina

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Eddie Fosnaugh has done 3 rifles for me and his work is outstanding.

He's also a great guy.

Trey

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've had Karl Feldcamp cerakote for me and he does fantastic work, I'd highly recommend him.

Cerakote goes on thin and is going to add practically no weight. I'd be surprised if it added more than 1/10th of an ounce to an entire firearm. Certainly it's not enough to worry about.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Eddie Fosnaugh has Cerakoted two rifles for me (actually complete rifle builds), and I'm waiting on a third. He has an amazing attention to detail. I've worked with other smiths in the past, but I wouldn't use anyone else at this point.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I hate to say this, but I forgot about Eddie and Karl; the rifle will go to one or the other.

Frank: Good to see you posting again, I wondered what happened to you.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Eddie Fosnaugh.
Kampfeld Custom

Both do great work

I remember reading sometime ago where you had an issue with an applicator.

I try to avoid Kernersville period.....except for that one Mexican restaurant. grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My Cerakote was done by my local gunsmith. It looks great today as it did in 2008 when it was done. That gun has been used hard and is none the worse for wear.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
National Range and Armory here in Williamsport did one for me recently. Thomas is the smith. Young fellow who trained at Yavapai, worked as a Hollywood armorer for a bit, then returned to the area. My old smith checked it out and was impressed with the work. Good enough for me.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had a few done locally and recently one done by Eddie...no comparison. Really impressed with Eddie's work.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Mine M77 was done by a guy in the other side of the state who has an excellent reputation. The application is so smooth and attention to detail is so great that, but for the change in color, there is no other evidence that it has been coated.

There was no greater freedom than when I would leave Holiday Park Fish Camp heading my airboat west toward the Big Cypress. Fuel for 4 days, a good machete, an ice chest. No phone, no radio. Just God and me and the Everglades.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
What was the name of your guy for the Mod 77 and how much was he, if you don't mind sharing? smile

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Holston
I've had a few done locally and recently one done by Eddie...no comparison. Really impressed with Eddie's work.

He would be the one I would use if spending major $$ on a gun

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Eddie Fosnaugh.
Kampfeld Custom

Both do great work

I remember reading sometime ago where you had an issue with an applicator.

I try to avoid Kernersville period.....except for that one Mexican restaurant. grin

The word applicator is a real far stretch for the clown .

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by VaHunter

Eddie has Cerakoted a rifle for me and done trigger work on at least 7 of my rifles. I highly recommend him.

Last edited by Sportdog; 05/02/18.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

163 members (2UP, 44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 22 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,266
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.