Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Just got this put together and finished initial load development.

Ultimatum Deadline
Bartlein HV 8" twist at 22"
Badger FTE
MDT ESS
TT Special at 1.5 lbs
XTR Sig Med
SS 10x
Secret Squirrel snowflake camo pattern
Weighs 15 lbs with bipod
6mm Creedmoor

Balances perfectly on the front action screw, and ain't picky about what I feed it! Played with IMR4451 and R26 in half grain increments for initial load workup, and the largest 4-shot group was 0.6 MOA. Should do!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Initial load workup:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J, can you tighten up those groups, please. 🤪 I’m trying to find something not to like...Impossible! Awesome LR rig you built. 👍🏻👍🏻😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
sweet....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That'll work...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How do you like the Deadline?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It looks like Deadline has barrel nut option.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That is a serious piece of machinery.....

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higbean
How do you like the Deadline?

It’s pretty awesome so far. Bolt throw is smooth. Lock up is solid. Half cock on open and half on close makes bolt lift feel quite light. The 60 degree bolt lift is quick and smooth to operate. Ejection is very positive. The double-pinned, 6 screw rail isn’t going anywhere. Pretty happy with it so far.

And Kingston is right, there’s a barrel nut option. The action has Savage small shank threads, so all the common aftermarket Savage prefits will fit just fine.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Nice rifle and even better shooting.

If I may ask - why the clamp on muzzle break vs something you can hand tighten and time (like the Hellfire 419)?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The FTE threads on, and is timed by clamping in place. I wanted to give it a try and see how it stacks up to my favourite brake- the Insite Arms Heathen.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Do you compete on a regular basis? Have you ever hunted with one of your PRS rifles? If so how heavy was it? I would assume one could be used fine as a stand rifle that you didn't have to carry too far.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Do you compete on a regular basis? Have you ever hunted with one of your PRS rifles? If so how heavy was it? I would assume one could be used fine as a stand rifle that you didn't have to carry too far.

RH...Good question...I think he said 15lbs...If I had that same build done but in a .30 cal and I put it in a Pelican case, bringing it out in MY hunting situations that would be enhanced by this setup...Not a soul on the mountain would "bat an eye" if they rolled up on the landing where I was perched getting ready to "touch off" on an animal...One of my former hunting pards, bought a Savage Hunter in 338 Lap with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP for a killing situation where stalk and access were not possible to close the gap...Jordans set up IMHO would be spectacular.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I shoot several matches during the PRS season around here, which runs from the Spring to the Fall. Matches wind down when hunting season starts to get into full swing wink

Yeah, I've hunted with my PRS rifles several times. They are always 14-15 lbs, and as you say, they come along when I know I'll be hunting an area where a long shot is a likelihood and I won't be carrying it more than a couple of miles.

I've got a DMRII that I'm contemplating putting on this rifle, but I kind of want to shoot this year's matches with the $300 SS 10x, just to prove a point that a guy can come out and have fun shooting PRS matches without dropping $5k on a scope after spending a couple thou on a rifle.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

I shoot several matches during the PRS season around here, which runs from the Spring to the Fall. Matches wind down when hunting season starts to get into full swing wink

Yeah, I've hunted with my PRS rifles several times. They are always 14-15 lbs, and as you say, they come along when I know I'll be hunting an area where a long shot is a likelihood and I won't be carrying it more than a couple of miles.

I've got a DMRII that I'm contemplating putting on this rifle, but I kind of want to shoot this year's matches with the $300 SS 10x, just to prove a point that a guy can come out and have fun shooting PRS matches without dropping $5k on a scope after spending a couple thou on a rifle.

I've been contemplating buying a PRS style rifle as my next purchase. I have several nice hunting weight rifles. I own a Sako 75 in 270, a late 60"s era Sako L579 deluxe in 243, A Kimber Montana 7-08,which I consider a work in progress at the moment, a very accurate 1/2 MOA 5 shot accurate Forbes 270. It has one of Melvin's stocks and was likely assembled by him,according to what Mr. Forbes told me,and a few more loaner Winchester,Remington rifles.

Point being,I should have light and medium weight hunting rifles covered,but I still somehow don't like the idea of buying anything that I could not hunt with under different circumstances, like stand hunting.

Do you know that Hancock rifle?
http://patriotvalleyarms.com/john-hancock-bolt-action/

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't seen much about that rifle, but it looks pretty sweet! The only negative initial thoughts I have are that the bolt shroud looks like a crap collector, with the recessed FP assy, and if that is a windage adjustable base, I'm not big on that "feature". Durability is important when a rifle weighs 15 lbs. If it falls, it's got a lot of momentum to break stuff wink

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Very nice looking rifle...
Really like that Ultimatum action..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy moly, that's some pretty impressive hardware. Good shooting too.

And I am soooo down with the Secret Squirrel snowflake. blush

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I haven't seen much about that rifle, but it looks pretty sweet! The only negative initial thoughts I have are that the bolt shroud looks like a crap collector, with the recessed FP assy, and if that is a windage adjustable base, I'm not big on that "feature". Durability is important when a rifle weighs 15 lbs. If it falls, it's got a lot of momentum to break stuff wink

I guess I don't know what you mean about the windage adjustable base. The rifle is a Nucleus action,Rock Creek barrel in a chassis is about all I know for sure.I thought it sounded like a good price with quality components. I don't really know a good smith ,or even a bad one,for that matter,so it looked like a possibility. I've also considered buying a Tikka Tac A1,or even a Tikka CTR and put it in a good stock.

I like the lighter weight of the Tikka option if I go CTR. Rifle would be under 8 lbs and I plan to mount a Bushnell LRHS 3-12. I guess I really want a hunting rifle that will shoot very well at long range,rather than a long range rifle that can possibly be used for hunting. The Seekins Havak is also a possibility,mainly because I can get it in 6.5 PRC or 300 win. It may wind up being available in the Nosler 6.5, I forget the name.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a friend who was recently looking for a rifle for exactly that application. I told him to buy a CTR in 6.5 Creed. He's just waiting on brass now. I think he's going to be tickled with it.

I'd have no hesitation in ordering a Havak, and the JH looks pretty great, as well.

I'm not sure if the Nucleus has a windage-adjustable base, but it looks like it to me.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane
Holy moly, that's some pretty impressive hardware. Good shooting too.

And I am soooo down with the Secret Squirrel snowflake. blush

Gracias, amigo. Originally the Snowflake Camo was meant as a joke, but it turned out looking pretty good shocked laugh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,955
Posts18,480,430
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.