Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't believe some of you here have "no problems" with letting girls in. even to the most dim-witted, one needs only to look back on recorded history and there is a reason men have been in charge and no amount of legislation and lower standards is going to change that. This has nothing to do with intelligence, but with the "whole man" concept as to why men and women ARE DIFFERENT. That said, maybe the "Scouts" will now issue Merit Badges for sandwich making and shirt ironing....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rem141r
still a good program. i have no problem with them admitting girls. having been involved in both the boy scouts and girls scouts for many years as a parent and leader and raising two eagles and mentoring dozens more, i would rather give girls the choice to be involved in the bsa than the feminazi, liberal horschit girls scouts. the program on the local level in my area is solid.

and you think the program with the boy scouts is/ will be different now than the crap from GSA?

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r
still a good program. i have no problem with them admitting girls. having been involved in both the boy scouts and girls scouts for many years as a parent and leader and raising two eagles and mentoring dozens more, i would rather give girls the choice to be involved in the bsa than the feminazi, liberal horschit girls scouts. the program on the local level in my area is solid.

Exactly what do you think you'll get if you train your girls to be warriors?

Or do you think Scouts will drop that sort of training? Then what will we have?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Why don't the Girl Scouts leadership fight back harder and where are the feminist our there to support Girl Scouts? Serious questions.

Got the answer to this qustion listening to Eric Ericson yesterday who explained that the GSA long ago became a propaganda tool of Planned Parenthood. Abortion Rights became the #1 issue that GSA champions.

With that, fook'em! I'd rather my daughter join BSA than a bunch that worships Planned Parenthood.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Why don't the Girl Scouts leadership fight back harder and where are the feminist our there to support Girl Scouts? Serious questions.

Got the answer to this qustion listening to Eric Ericson yesterday who explained that the GSA long ago became a propaganda tool of Planned Parenthood. Abortion Rights became the #1 issue that GSA champions.

With that, fook'em! I'd rather my daughter join BSA than a bunch that worships Planned Parenthood.

Seems like a crumby choice; Planned Parenthood or egalitarian equality at all costs (communism?).

Seems to me the correct answer is C) none of the above

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I was a scout in the 70s ,I earned the rank of Eagle and it was a good thing then. We had some boys in our troop that didn't have a dad at home and it was good for them. Our Scout master was a Man and gave a lot of his time for all of us. He took us camping year around, Taught everyone to work together. Taught us outdoor skills and cooking on a fire. Emphasized Patriotism and community service. We decorated all the graves in the 2 big cemeteries with flags every year twice. We all worked on Saturdays for someone or business to earn money for our gear and so the less fortunate scouts could afford to go to summer camp. Instead of standing in front of Wal- Mart begging for money like the youth organizations do now.
He was a Christian man that always had a church service on Sunday morning.with a simple lesson about being a good citizen. It takes a great leader like him for it to be good. And it still could be on the local troop level No matter what the liberal National council does. Sad that a once good organization has been corrupted.

I received my eagle in 1980. Similar story. My scout master was a great guy and I saw the BSA help a lot of young men from single parent families because of the environment and structure.

Having served in military when they introduced women big time I can’t see this going well for BSA. We did a lot of remote camping canoe trips hikes in BSA when I was in. I predict more lawsuits against BSA by teenage girls who engage in consensual sexual relations with other scouts then claim rape.I wonder when they’ll lower standards for the Eagle rank for girls like they did in the military and law enforcement when they pushed for women.

Ten years from now there will be a movie and book out making a huge deal “the first female Eagle Scout”

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"I received my eagle in 1980. Similar story. My scout master was a great guy and I saw the BSA help a lot of young men from single parent families because of the environment and structure.

Having served in military when they introduced women big time I can’t see this going well for BSA. We did a lot of remote camping canoe trips hikes in BSA when I was in. I predict more lawsuits against BSA by teenage girls who engage in consensual sexual relations with other scouts then claim rape.I wonder when they’ll lower standards for the Eagle rank for girls like they did in the military and law enforcement when they pushed for women.

Ten years from now there will be a movie and book out making a huge deal “the first female Eagle Scout”

Well put, ribka! Let's see, Feminists like Hillary mandated females on warships in the Navy. And what did we get? Massive pregnancies on board ship during wartime.

And these Feminists and Libs think the same thing won't happen in the Girl/Boy/Mixed Scouts? Yes it will and then will come the lawsuits from the Mommies of the little knocked up, innocent 15 year old Girl/Boy Scout.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
This is so sad. I Joined the BSA in 1962. Like others here, our scout master and other men that helped were world war 2 and Korea vets. My father, Marine 6th div. World war 2, was responsible for marksman and music merit badges. Those leaders were awesome. I have wonderful memories of the hikes, camping trips and summer camp at Kia Kima. Camping supplies were readily available at army surplus stores. I remember my surplus sleeping bag was Korea era, down filled. The scouts challenged boys to do things and it wasn't easy sometimes. I guess now it will be easy with trophies given for last place.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My Question to many of you who were Boy Scouts whether you "Eagled" or not have many of you still remember your scoutmaster's name? After so many years have passed for so many of us and if you still remember your scoutmaster's name state's volume's of the influence your scoutmaster had in your young life. Tha't why so many of us involved in scouting have the privilege of working with kids.

I have 4 grandsons' in Scouting and 3 of them will be "Eagle" scouts...hell or high water and I am very involved along with my son-in-law with all 4 boys. Having girls in scouting does not or nor will not deter the end goal my grandson's will receive having attained the rank of Eagle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

Seems like a crumby choice; Planned Parenthood or egalitarian equality at all costs (communism?).

Seems to me the correct answer is C) none of the above

Of course. My jab at GSA after finding they have been Co-oped by PP.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I can't believe some of you here have "no problems" with letting girls in. even to the most dim-witted, one needs only to look back on recorded history and there is a reason men have been in charge and no amount of legislation and lower standards is going to change that. This has nothing to do with intelligence, but with the "whole man" concept as to why men and women ARE DIFFERENT. That said, maybe the "Scouts" will now issue Merit Badges for sandwich making and shirt ironing....

This in a nutshell. There's nothing wrong with coed activities and organizations, but there should also be the ability to have boys and girls only organizations doing their own things. The BSA should be abandoned and allowed to whither on the vine for abandoning their principles. One would think this should be obvious. How spineless to allow PC liberals to force themselves upon the BSA and just accept it.

Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I was a scout in the 70s ,I earned the rank of Eagle and it was a good thing then. We had some boys in our troop that didn't have a dad at home and it was good for them. Our Scout master was a Man and gave a lot of his time for all of us. He took us camping year around, Taught everyone to work together. Taught us outdoor skills and cooking on a fire. Emphasized Patriotism and community service. We decorated all the graves in the 2 big cemeteries with flags every year twice. We all worked on Saturdays for someone or business to earn money for our gear and so the less fortunate scouts could afford to go to summer camp. Instead of standing in front of Wal- Mart begging for money like the youth organizations do now.

Even when they do group projects for money, they overcharge bigly. People overpay for their labor. What does that teach them? ... an inflated sense of worth for their labor. You do them no favors by overpaying for their work. Example: $80 for mailbox replacement for a mailbox costing roughly $25 if bought retail. That's $50 to $55 profit to break a few screws loose and then tighten them back up assuming they paid retail for the mailboxes. I guess the bright side is they may at least learn which end of the screwdriver to grab.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
I remember Cub Scout leader name
Webelo leader name

Scout master and assistant Scout master name

Says something about impact of BSA doesn’t it?

I go home to Wisconsin once year and stop and see how my Eagle project is holding up

We did a lot for community. Fixing up vets’ graves at local cemetery. Restoring waterfowl nesting areas, delivering meals to shut ins, visiting nursing homes etc

Profound impact on character when young

Last edited by ribka; 05/03/18.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The post modernists have taken a major beach head in their war against "toxic masculinity". Is there any chance a core group of Scouting leadership will fight back against this?

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
[ The BSA should be abandoned and allowed to whither on the vine for abandoning their principles.

I agree but this will NEVER happen. The taking over of the BSA by the Faags, Carpet Munchers, Feminazi's, and Communists is the flagship of their movement, if right now all monies were cut off to the BSA these organizations would flush it with gobs and gobs of cash.

The BSA of yesteryear is GONE, the PC BSA is here to stay.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty sad, actually.
I had fun in Cub and Boy Scouts, but that was 50 years ago. Now, I don't even want to know what they do.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
how about the "TOBY SCOUTS"

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (270wsmnutt, 160user, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 257Bob, 59 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,364
Posts18,527,270
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.