Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The only current models with that reticle are the cheaper Vantage models. The website info says the ends of the posts are 30" apart (30/30, get it) with no mention of the rifle they're intended for. Maybe they realized the original idea was a dumb notion too. Guys that write ad copy aren't always up on what they're selling.

At any rate, it's a nice, simple reticle, in a pretty decent scope.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Guys that write ad copy aren't always up on what they're selling.

Bet they can describe a cheap TV to a tee.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No doubt.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I don't see a measurement of the mounting distance (between ocular and objective). Any idea?

RM

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RevMike
I don't see a measurement of the mounting distance (between ocular and objective). Any idea?

RM

The mounting surface from the ocular to center turrets is 1.7”. The mounting surface from the objective to center turrets is also 1.7”. Hope that helps…

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Got my Hawke Endurance 2-7×32 LER scope in yesterday and man I can't believe the eye relief.
Super clear and well over 4 inches of eye relief makes this one of my favorite scopes.
I checked it out at last light yesterday and I could see well after sundown and well after legal shooting times.
The lighted reticle makes this scope stand out for low light conditions.
If it holds up to 45/70 recoil I'll buy another.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad to hear this. Thinking of picking up one for my sons 30-30 Marlin. Any reason I shouldn't?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
It seems like this name brand scope is more noted than I thought.It seems like at least a dozen folks have and like the Hawke Endurance scopes.
kenjs1 I'll scope the Marlin 1895 soon and let you know if it can keep zero under hard recoil.
405 gr jacketed and soon will have some 350 gr hard cast bullets loaded for it.If anything can keep zero with those loaded rounds it will be a keeper.
I'll let you know soon.

Last edited by DropShot; 05/21/18.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DropShot
It seems like this name brand scope is more noted than I thought.It seems like at least a dozen folks have and like the Hawke Endurance scopes.
kenjs1 I'll scope the Marlin 1895 soon and let you know if it can keep zero under hard recoil.
405 gr jacketed and soon will have some 350 gr hard cast bullets loaded for it.If anything can keep zero with those loaded rounds it will be a keeper.
I'll let you know soon.

Not so much in the US, but they are very popular with airgunners all over the place. Don't know if I would've tried them absent the closeout prices, but I now have three, with the 30mm 8x56 the one that's impressed me most so far.

Yesterday, I replaced the Tract Tekoa 3-12 on my Hawkeye .223 for a 1" Hawke Endurance LER 3-9x40. Saves about 6oz and balances better than the long Tract, which will go on my Fieldcraft. Not totally sold on the ballistic reticle in this particular Hawke, but it is illuminated and should allow very precise aiming. The ER is long like the 2-7 and allowed easy-peasy mounting. Will hit the range with it when the weather and garden permit.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Pappy:

Is the advertised weight on the 2-7 correct? Almost a pound?

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Pappy:

Is the advertised weight on the 2-7 correct? Almost a pound?

Strictly by heft, I'd say so. Pretty hefty for a 1" 2-7, but it does have the illumination stuff on board and an impressive range of adjustment.

After using it a bit, I'd pay twice the price if I needed another one. Fortunately, I wouldn't have to.

It's almost perfect for say, pigs in low light.😜

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348
It's almost perfect for say, pigs in low light.😜

Of that I have no doubt! How thick (or thin) is the center of the reticle? In other words, how much of a one-inch bullseye do you think it covers at 100 yards?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's pretty fine. Outer posts are medium-thick. With the light on, the center stands out very well in dim light, not so much in daylight, actually an excellent compromise.

Tell you what; if you want to try one, go ahead and I'll give you $100 for it, plus shipping to my house, if you don't like it, provided you don't throw it off any cliffs or lend it to Form. (This applies only to the Rev. He knows Jesus personally, so I know he can be trusted)

I was thinking about picking up another one for a Howa mini. If you get one, I'll hold off.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Heck, that's a "Can't Lose" situation right there!

Tell you what: I'll order one in the morning, and when it comes in I'll let you know immediately if I'm gonna keep it or take you up on your offer. I'm actually looking for something to replace a Burris illuminated German 4 with a dot. I can't stand the bloomin' dot! I promise not to throw if off a cliff or anything else; there won't be a scratch on it. How does that sound?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Deal.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
T
Well you all convinced me, I'm in for one to mount on a Savage 99.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We've sold a lot of these scopes lately and folks seem to be very pleased with them.

We have been working with Hawke in order to get different scopes and binoculars that we can offer great deals on in order to get more of their product out there in order to build brand awareness.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Doug, do y'all sell the lens covers as well?

Mike

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Doug, do y'all sell the lens covers as well?

Mike

Good morning Mike,
I am sorry, we do not.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No problem. They have a website.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 70 invisible), 3,296 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,483
Posts18,471,815
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.